Menu

Ignore this thread!

Tell her she'll have to go with Oh, Holy Night. 

Now that's horror. Beautiful song, but the ranges kill me.

I actually learned the soprano, alto, and tenor parts of that in church choir when I was young.  I loved it!

And I AM tempted to suggest that one.   :D

• Like 2

AMJ, Refit has a ton of free youtube videos, I don’t know if you’ve seen them.

Nope, I hadn't yet.  I suspected there would be something on YouTube, however.

Today's Refit class has my knees in the jelly state again.  She's still getting her Refit class going, having only started it a few weeks ago.  I really appreciated the time she took today to show us things before starting the music and the workout.  That helped a lot.

• Like 1

:D

We were at BIL's church a couple years ago for Christmas and for some amazingly shortsighted reason, they thought it would be a great idea to sing O Holy Night as a congregational hymn. In the morning, in a very small congregation, half of whom did not have English as their native language and were not terribly familiar with the song. Yep. They went for it. :D

Woohoo!   :hurray:  :hurray:

My cough is driving everyone nuts. Also, I breathe to loud.

Got room for a couple of snapping turtles at the boarding school?

Now there's a threat you can offer up sometime!  Do as I tell you, or I'll breathe at you!

• Like 3

My cough is driving everyone nuts. Also, I breathe to loud.

Got room for a couple of snapping turtles at the boarding school?

We have loud breathers and noise-sensitive kids in about equal numbers.  Makes for a really fun morning time, oh, and car rides.  We either argue or we break out ear buds.  

(And I thought the importance of relationships was my primary reason for homeschooling <shakes head> )  

• Like 4

The sequence of feelings you get when you realize your edits have caused you to totally nail the story structure for character driven plot:

:eek: 

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

:party:  :party:  :party:

:thumbup1:

Plus I have my theme song for the sequel.  Lord Huron--Brother.

• Like 8

If I could I would also have a laundry room on each floor of the house.  It's so much safer than carrying large baskets or wads of loose items on the stairs.  

As it is, having your DD do her laundry in a machine she can reach into can be helpful for both of you.  If she folds her clothes before carrying them up it's easy to keep how much she carries to a reasonable amount for stair safety.  It also encourages not letting it all pile up at one end.

I don't feel safe carrying the baskets up and down the stairs at this point which is why I have no pantz, but it's nice to have an extra for the kids and guests when the main one is full and DS's room is in the basement so the spare is always better for him.

Boo!! They just came to deliver the washer. They took the broken one, set the new one up, and it doesn't work!  :crying: It was so pretty and then they took it away. They can't deliver a new one until next Weds. 

bash-head.gif

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I don't feel safe carrying the baskets up and down the stairs at this point which is why I have no pantz, but it's nice to have an extra for the kids and guests when the main one is full and DS's room is in the basement so the spare is always better for him.

Boo!! They just came to deliver the washer. They took the broken one, set the new one up, and it doesn't work!  :crying: It was so pretty and then they took it away. They can't deliver a new one until next Weds. 

Oh, man!  That's the pits!  So sorry.   :grouphug:

It's a "no pantz for Paige" booyah!  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3

Did anyone take a fall break?  I think we should have had a fall break.  Unfortunately, we have enough different things going on we couldn't have gotten every thing on fall break at the same time.  (It was fall break this week for local public schools here.)

Last week, but I was sick, so I think I'm going to have another one in late October.

• Like 3

Slache’s Schmancy School for...schmanciness? Hmmmm...or you can be cofounder of my savages since you start with s. We’ll teach them how to dumpster dive. It’ll be economics and science!

AMJ’s Alliterative Academy.

Slache's Schmancy School for Savage Scoundrels

• Like 5

(((ITT)))

:hurray: New Academies of Learning!

There are small white parasidic things covering one of the Pandora Sphinx Moth caterpillars. :ack2: Dh says to leave it. I say leave it outside far far away from me.

Dh and I might, just might, get to go out for coffee and dessert tonight. Keeping the fingers crossed.

• Like 4

So, apparently DS's eyes don't play well with each other, especially 10 feet away or more. And other stuffs. So glasses for minor nearsightedness, and vision therapy. DH is not happy about the money for VT, but I didn't ask his opinion. I just went ahead and made the therapy appointments. He can read the report when we get it.

• Like 6

I have been really tired yesterday and today.  Not really tired.  Fatigued.  My body feels sluggish.  I've had it before and it should go away.  I just wish I knew what was causing it, how to treat it, and how to prevent it.

:grouphug:

Yesterday evening I was so tired it was like a physical thing - like walking into a wall of blankets or something (I'm butchering the poetic way someone has described extreme exhaustion before, but I hope it at least conveys the idea). That said, I at least know the cause, albeit not necessarily the solution (repeated extreme tantrums and meltdowns from a 6yo are exhausting, as is catching a cold or something, and I woke up way too early yesterday morning (okay, not super early, but significantly earlier than usual, just from the stress)). So, self-care, and somehow getting the 6yo to move past all these tantrums and meltdowns, should do the trick. I went to bed early last night (along with some medications), and woke up late, and have spent part of today in bed. I did manage to do 2 chapters of LOF with Celery yesterday evening though, and 1 chapter and 1 bridge today (and 1 chapter of LOF with Broccoli today, which is 1 chapter more than I felt like last night), so, that's a win. And, Broccoli hasn't had any meltdowns/tantrums yet today, other than screaming at Celery once for taking his pencil, which was brief and fixed by telling Celery to return said pencil. I even managed to get him to do Dutch grammar without him throwing a fit. I have heavily resorted to bribing though (as in, if you do this, then you can do that, where, for the most part, 'that' (watching TV) is stuff I probably would've let him do anyway today since I'm not feeling great, but turned it into a bribe instead).

Well, sarcasm is hardly worth a double post, but there it is.

You were just repeating your humanities lecture for us, twice, obviously.

Someday this day will eeeeeeeend...

At least you're not on Venus (where days do eventually end too... after 5,832 hours):

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/days/en/

Actually, I do write essays for posts, and I'm still stuck by it.  It reads the time from when you click "add reply" to when you click on a quote button.  It's all this quick and witty repartee we have around here.  It just goes too fast for those artificial posting limits.

Is that a phone thing? I just click on MultiQuote as I read stuff, and then at some point I just decide to reply, at which point it takes me more than the mandatory 10 seconds to write a post like this. 

• Like 5

Apparently this is "work on Jean's (aka Mom's) patience" week.  It's not working out so well. 

In addition to fall allergies there is also a full moon.  These don't help, either.

I love it when the amount of eggs left in the carton is exactly the amount needed for the birthday cake. I hate having to put the egg carton back in the fridge with only one egg in it. Or have to open a whole new carton for just one egg.

It's the little things.....

Oh, and Paige, here's some eggs to throw at the washer than didn't work! I'm so sorry! Dang washer.

• Like 4

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I guess the rest of the family will have to fetch and tote laundry for you until then.  It's better than going pantzless (assuming this also means skirtzless) for another week.

• Like 1

So we’ve gone from JJM’s Camp for Persnicket Children to Lynn’s Learning Lockdown...desperation is clearly mounting. By February we might be sending them to Spud’s Sewer for Savages!

Now you have to change either your title or your siggie!

• Like 1