Menu

Ignore this thread!

AMJ coming back from vacation is causing me to experience deja-vu.   :laugh:  

I can do that too. Well, minus the vacation. 

No one is making you, you know... ;)

My wife keeps saying the same thing when I get frustrated with Khan (because I overlooked a minus sign, or overlooked that *this* time they wanted the answer rounded to the nearest dollar, not the nearest cent like in the last problem (which was basically exactly the same), so it's counted wrong, even though obviously I got it right and obviously if I can do precalc, I can also round stuff to the nearest dollar if I can get it right to the nearest cent  :banghead: ).

So anyway, I totally feel you, Krissi! (even if math!=Latin)

• Like 2

Yes. Good examples of cray cray can be hard to find.

Alright, we need more good examples. (btw, that post was about the Nauglers, I think)

I wish Queen Ellie would bring back the goodnight hula.

That is all.

:iagree:

I keep falling asleep instead of getting homework done.

Renai! Wake up and do your homework!!!

No, the tune is from The Song That Never Ends.  Sherry Lewis (sp?) and her puppets did it as The Song That Doesn't End -- both versions are acceptable.  Here's a link so you get the tune:

Now, for your further music edification, here's a Wikipedia page that discusses this song plus some other songs of similar purpose:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_That_Never_Ends

And with that we have covered music appreciation for today.  :Angel_anim:

Reported!

Btw, I'm also thinking that you did the "vacation and then catching up on a dozens of pages of posts"-thing a couple of years ago as well, and that that caused some rather odd time-warp since I was reading stuff in 2017, 2015, and catch-up 2015 (and then maybe someone doing some catch-up 2017 as well... not sure). 

And THAT is why I'm throwing everything out!

Maybe the Nauglers are on to something.  

(jk!)

How's that working out for you?

:grouphug:

I am so glad that we've outgrown the early "germ monster" years.

More :grouphug: .

:iagree:

I know that most have you have moved on to noon, but good morning.  I think I managed to cobble together 7 hours of sleep.  

Oh my! I knew I stayed up too late, but NOON?!?! Nah, it's only 1:55... AM. Broccoli was super whiny annoying this evening, wouldn't go to bed, DW was not helping things, so by the time he was finally in bed (close to 11, iirc), I was a complete wreck... it takes me *forever* to relax after that kind of stuff (and yes, I know I've got a :chillpill: for that, but something something don't want to take that too often (actually, it's not really for *that*, just for GAD, which is not the same as for kid making me super tense and keeping me from time to decompress)). 

• Like 2

Btw, DW told me to install one of those orange-color light programs on my laptop to maybe cause less eye strain in the evening (when she wants to watch TV with the light in the living room off), and it's super annoying, trying to read black on an orange background. Now, if only I could figure out how to open it to change the settings... when I click on it it says it's already running.  :willy_nilly:

(no, I don't need tech support - I can Google this or ask DW, since she's got it on her laptop... it just only does the annoying orange thing when I'm too tired to bother Googling it, and then mostly when DW is already in bed (and by that I mean that I installed it early yesterday evening, so this is only the second night of it))

Oh, and I don't know what my favorite children's books are. I know that when Celery was little I could read Dr Seuss's ABC book with my eyes closed while moving my finger under the correct words.  :lol: When I was a kid two of my favorite authors were Thea Beckman and Evert Hartman. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Coffee! And today will be a More Coffee Day because I slept terribly last night. I was up several times, and the electricity went off at 2:30 a.m. and did not come back on until 6:15 a.m.

We are starting school today. I'm not ready, but we are starting anyway.

I have the ITT Booklist written down. I need to type it up and add the ones from AMJ and luuknam. I hope to do have it done this weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

• Like 6

Good morning!

I managed to throw the coffee filter holder out the window, so made coffee in the French press instead.

Hey Dawn, hope your first day goes better than expected! :D

I have to take dd8 to the doctor for shots. Someone kick me if I ever again make a doctor appointment the day before public school begins! (Fortunately our GP has mostly elderly patients, so might not be too bad today.) Dd14 and ds12 have youth group tonight.

From the predictions of my weather app, we won't likely make it out of the 80's for the remainder! And we will be getting rain! So awesome!

More coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Wednesday!,ðŸ‘

Ophthalmologist appt. in Big City for DD. 😩😩😩 It always takes forever and I'm hoping he doesn't want to schedule another $8,000 MRI for her. I hate medical things.

Booya/h!!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

And the kittens are back to their old selves. Monday they got fixed. Cooper (the boy kitty) was back to his old tricks yesterday, but Cleo continued to lay around and sleep all day and didn't eat much. However, this morning..... she was ready and raring to go.

• Like 6

Board book/ early picture books: Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear by Nancy Carlstrom (though I am biased because I know her)

Also Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown.

I will do other ages later but I am out the door.

Board books:  anything by Sandra Boynton.  Goodnight Moon.  Books with flaps to explore.

• Like 4

You know her????  How cool!  I love that book!   :001_tt1:

How foolish of me!  How could I forget Rabbit Hill, by Robert Lawson?  He was my grandmother's friend, and I have always loved that book.

• Like 2

Virginia Lee Burton is another favorite children's author. I love "Mike Mulligan's Steam Shovel" and "The Little House"

I really like Young Adult fiction...."The Outsiders" by SE Hinton...amazing book.

Shel Silverstein.

Terry Pratchett, too, especially Where's My Cow? (if I recall that correctly), because it's a book one of his characters reads to his young son.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

There was a time that both DH and I could recite "Sheep in a Jeep" from memory. "Oh no, jeep won't go. Sheep leap to push the jeep. Sheep shove, sheep grunt.... Sheep don't think to look up front...."

A cow says Moo.

A sheep says Baa.

Three little pigs say 

La la la!

No no!  you say.  

That isn't right.

The pigs say Oink 

all day and night.

I stumble at this point now, but I used to rattle off that entire book in my sleep-deprived delirium when the kids were oh so small.

• Like 5

I have one with SPD & APD and one with SPD and ADD-I.  As time marches on, diagnoses will sort themselves out.  You are absolutely correct that there is a ton of overlap (and that generally SPD + attention issues also overlap with ASD).

Can she use words to describe how she feels yet? We found the 5 point scale to be helpful with that.

Not really - I don't think she's figured out how to express how she feels with it. I am being very conscious of how she talks about Sunday school though. She says she likes it, but she doesn't like it. So, we're figuring it all out. I don't want to just bail on it, but I also don't want her to hate going. Definitely being very conscientious of it. I'm going to observe a few more times for sure, though. 

But, I'm very interested in the 5 point scale. Would you mind PMing me about how you do that? :) 

• Like 1

A cow says Moo.

A sheep says Baa.

Three little pigs say

La la la!

No no! you say.

That isn't right.

The pigs say Oink

all day and night.

I stumble at this point now, but I used to rattle off that entire book in my sleep-deprived delirium when the kids were oh so small.

Oh my goodness, how could I forget that one?? We had that memorized, too!!

Goodnight Moon...Both the author and the illustrator were either high as kites or insane. The color combinations remind me of the scenes where Captain Kirk was being tortured by aliens.

But for some reason kids love it so I read it over and over...

Sandra Boynton and Love you forever are also big hits with the littles here. For slightly older I love Tomie de Paola (I do all the accents in Jamie O'Rourke) and KC Craft's fairy tales and Jan Brett.

Chapter books would take too long, but a little-known author our family loves is Hilda Van Stockum.

Eta: yes I cry every time I read love you forever. The kids enjoy laughing at me.

Jan Brett, yes!  Such intricate pictures!  Which also reminded me of the Brambly Hedge books -- get them in a large format, if you can, because oh, the pictures!!!!

• Like 2

Where the Wild Things Are.

I am very mad at all of you for not reminding me that I need to make soup and chili this weekend! 😡 So I did all the shopping after the yarn-work thing and there is no time to do any prep what with being Born To Be Wild tonight. Humph. I have to do it all tomorrow.

There are some ingredients that I generally always buy at Sam's Club when I am doing bulk cooking - especially for soup. But on my way there I realized that not only did I not have my Sam's Club Card with me, but we have to renew our membership. So I took a chance and went to GFS instead (Gordon's Food Service) and found everything I needed and spent maybe $2 more than it would have cost at Sam's (minus the membership fee). :)

You don't have to be a business to shop there?

Who wrote those?? I tried to look them up in Amazon and got nothing.

I need to contact my friend who had them because I can't remember.  I can't find them online, either, which is a crying shame.  Derek is the son of one of the big-time old Southwest archaeologists, like Lister or Nusbaum or Wetherill.  I just can't remember which one.

• Like 1

I have a bartending licence. That's got to give me some credibility here.

Only if you'll actually use it here. 

I am so white that I had one woman come up and ask me if I had leukemia.  When I said no, she argued with me.  I have many things wrong with me but not leukemia.  The whiteness is just lack of melanin, no pathology involved.  

That's crazy. The WIC people in TX were convinced each time that my kids (or well, Celery at least) would test iron deficient, but nope (at least they never questioned the test results). The kid is just white. DW was wondering earlier this summer why she's so good at picking our kids out of camp pictures. I think that is probably a big part of the reason... just find the whitest kid. The long hair probably also helps. Plus parents are supposed to be good at recognizing their kids. 

I wish we all lived in the same town.  Girls Night Out would be SO.FREAKING.AWESOME.

Because I would take my clothes off?

I finally pulled my pants down (in a public park no less, because I'm me and I do things like that)

:ohmy:

:laugh:

And you can't send kids by USPS. They made it illegal after it was done twice. I'm not joking.

Why did you mail your kids twice???

Time for more post padding.  That tends to break me out of my doldrums!

Hm, I suppose we are in the 40s. And if I keep going I could maybe even have an entire page to myself. But not by quoting a zillion posts in one. 

What day is it?  Oh yeah, Friday....

Friday, after noon. Okay... I guess I've stepped into a time warp. On my planet/parallel_universe/whatever it's 2:30am on Wednesday. 

Overnight company likely tonight.

Is that a weather forecast?

Ugh. It's the time of night when I can't post due to some SQL error message. It should resolve itself in under 10 min, but I should also resolve to just go to bed. I always freak out for a moment worried it ate my post, but the back arrow always gives it back to me. 

• Like 3

If only I could wear yoga pants to work.

#commencejobsearch

Become a yoga instructor.

I need to contact my friend who had them because I can't remember.  I can't find them online, either, which is a crying shame.  Derek is the son of one of the big-time old Southwest archaeologists, like Lister or Nusbaum or Wetherill.  I just can't remember which one.

https://www.abebooks.com/book-search/author/deric-nusbaum/

• Like 3