Menu

Ignore this thread!

DD12almost13 starts joining the adult's Aikido class next week.  She will ease into it, starting just one day a week and maybe not staying the whole 90 minutes for the first few times.  The adult's class is a LOT more rigorous.

She will still continue to help teach the kids' class.  I'm so proud of her!

• Like 4

Holy cow - 2nd opinion appt is scheduled for July 31 @9:30. He said that that would give us time for an interview and 3-4 hours of testing.  :scared:  :scared: 

I'm predicting we will need some breaks. 

With kids that young they typically do take plenty of breaks.  

• Like 3

I did another 1/2 mile at 3.2 mph on the treadmill.  10-minute-ish bouts seem to be doable right now.  My knee twinged a little coming down the stairs afterwards, but not badly.  So multiple short bouts of walking when I can't think what else to do might be my go-to basic exercise plan.  It did feel good to return to my natural stride, if only for shorter spans of time at a go.

• Like 5

I'm makinh applesauce oatmel muffins right now. I talked to the kids and we're trying a deal where the kitchen is only "open" for breakfast for half an hour and in return I cook hot filling things instead of leaving them to scrounge cereal or frozen waffles.

That's a good idea. I hate the idea of my kids eating cold cereal all the time, especially since I find myself buying the sweetened carp, but I also make healthy lunches and dinners and I just don't want to make good breakfasts, too. Generally I will make cinnamon rolls when I bake on Saturdays, so they have that once or twice a week, but we weren't home this past weekend. Sometimes I'll make muffins. They aren't big toast eaters or egg eaters.
  • Like 1

Ugh, I knew I forgot something. You all reminded me: Coffee!!

I've been too distracted by allergy induced sniffles to remember the coffee which will make everything better.

Oh my goodness, girl. If you are so distracted you forget about COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸, then you are just too busy.
  • Like 5

Ugh, I knew I forgot something. You all reminded me: Coffee!! 

I've been too distracted by allergy induced sniffles to remember the coffee which will make everything better. 

Gently here, Paige, but I think you seriously need to consider a break.  Forgetting about coffee is, like, number 1 on the List of Things Indicating the Need for an Island Vacation.  I read it on the internet, so it's totally true.

• Like 8

Oh my goodness, girl. If you are so distracted you forget about COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸, then you are just too busy.

Gently here, Paige, but I think you seriously need to consider a break.  Forgetting about coffee is, like, number 1 on the List of Things Indicating the Need for an Island Vacation.  I read it on the internet, so it's totally true.

We are concerned about you, Paige! Consider this an intervention. :D

• Like 6

Coffee has been consumed and I feel better. Perhaps my sniffles were withdrawal symptoms! Either way, the medicine I took this morning didn't seem to work until after I drank the coffee. 

Thank you for your concern. 

• Like 7

Coffee has been consumed and I feel better. Perhaps my sniffles were withdrawal symptoms! Either way, the medicine I took this morning didn't seem to work until after I drank the coffee.

Thank you for your concern.

Well, we're just looking out for you, dear. Don't let it get that bad next time. Just say the word and we'll tell Rocco and Roderigo to fire up the ITT chopper and come get you. Art might come, too, but he's been spending an awful lot of time at Critter's house lately.
  • Like 7

i'm up, the garden has been communed, breakfast has been eaten while listening to Peter and the Wolf. Because I'm a good mom.

Dancer decided to go for a walk this morning - without eating first. Because apparently she's never hungry until 2pm. She said she was going to take her regular route. She called 5 minutes ago asking if I could go pick her up because she's so tired she's lying on the pavement. I told her no, because I'm a bad mom. She needs to stop binge-exercising and do something consistent. She knows this; she was a dancer. But, she continues to think she can be lazy for weeks at a time and then do huge amounts of exercising all at once. On an empty stomach. She's taking the street way back, so if she passes out, someone will see her.  :glare:

• Like 5

Did I mention I found the cuisenaire rods box? It was on top of the bookshelf I used to keep the AAS cards box (which, if you remember, I found in the bottom of the 2-drawer file cabinet). I really need to stop moving things around.

• Like 4

I need the flamethrower. I just got eaten alive by the chiggers while talking to the lawn sprinkler guy about how my whole irrigation system is broken. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Nasty buggers! I'll trade all of Minnesota's mosquitos for the chiggers down here.

We did some impromptu back-deck gardening because our neighbor was selling tomato plants cheap. Leggy and full of aphids, but the kids thought they'd be worth a try. We got a Roma, Sweet 100, and Cherokee Purple. I sprayed them with a water/dishsoap/neem oil mixture. We'll see how that works. ðŸ…

• Like 3

Nasty buggers! I'll trade all of Minnesota's mosquitos for the chiggers down here.

We did some impromptu back-deck gardening because our neighbor was selling tomato plants cheap. Leggy and full of aphids, but the kids thought they'd be worth a try. We got a Roma, Sweet 100, and Cherokee Purple. I sprayed them with a water/dishsoap/neem oil mixture. We'll see how that works. ðŸ…

We took in some plants last year that a nursery in the end just gave to us for free. They were so straggly, the nursery didn't think they'd survive. We got a lot of tomatoes off of them!

• Like 4

I need the flamethrower.  I just got eaten alive by the chiggers while talking to the lawn sprinkler guy about how my whole irrigation system is broken.  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

On it!

flamethrower.gif

(Who knew that chiggers were little yellow circles? :confused1: )

• Like 7

I need the flamethrower.  I just got eaten alive by the chiggers while talking to the lawn sprinkler guy about how my whole irrigation system is broken.  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

The chiggers are pretty bad here, too.  I was eaten alive this past weekend, and I didn't do much in the acreage.  Mostly swam in the pool, sat on the deck, and checked FIL's back gate with him (it was open).

• Like 1

Wow.  I think I mentioned before that the dance tights we were given were at least one size larger than what had been ordered for her.  I am so glad we received bigger -- she could barely get those on!  I coached her about how to stretch them as she went over toes, heal, and up the leg, and she still had to fight "penguin pants" at the end.  They were also plenty snug in the waist.

Yesterday after dance class DD told me she wants a break from more dance lessons -- we can scope out a new place and try it over the summer, but not all summer long.  I'm good with that.

Now having to deal with dance tights might be the last straw that causes her to decide not to continue with dance.  She was already irritated enough and the costume -- a pink poofy affair that keeps shedding feathers all over the place.  And we still have more than a week before the recital.

Maybe at this other dance place she can just take lessons without doing any recitals, or can do recital pieces in dance pants and not tights.

• Like 4

In online training.  Note to employer:  Having trainer read prepared material at a blistering pace is probably not the approach that is most helpful for our clients. :glare:

I feel you. I've suffered through quite a few terribly done online trainings.

• Like 2

With kids that young they typically do take plenty of breaks.  

I thought that might be why it takes so long.

Good. 

She didn't have a break on the last test. I think if she had had a break, it might have gone more smoothly. I'm taking a snack for her, for sure. 

• Like 4