Menu

Ignore this thread!

There's something about dds who are 8 and very long hair.  I ended up slathering conditioner in just to get a brush through. We've gone to keeping her hair in a braid, generally.

And when they are about to turn 13 they resist measures like conditioner and braids.  Even ponytails, except when Mom points out just how close the ends of their hair are to the flames of the stove.

• Like 1

I was in Walgreens the other day buying sanitary pads, and there was a much older lady buying Poise. I felt like asking her if those worked better than what I was buying, or should I just wait until menopause before switching completely over.  :leaving:

Incontinence pads work better for the runnier fluids than menstrual pads (m pads need changing sooner than i pads once um, used), though both types can serve in the other capacity when the other is not available.  My girls and I have tested this through direct experiences.  

Either type can be used in emergencies to deal with a freely bleeding wound, or for young boys caught away from a restroom/appropriate bush or wall when in desperate need.

In addition to the Poise brand there are now Always Discreet pads, which are comparable in price and capacity and slightly less stiff than the Poise.  There is also a brand I recently found, Tena, which is lower cost than Poise or Always Discreet, just as comfortable, and just as effective.  I'm sure there are other brands out there, too.

Thus ends my (hopefully helpful) massive overshare for today.   :ph34r:

• Like 4

I forgot that I'm supposed to be prettified this afternoon at the salon. This is a major undertaking for the stylist. I'm a good puppy and sit still, but apparently there is only so much that can be done for my inner Yorkshire terrier.

I misread that as "petrified"....

• Like 4

My voice starts to wobble as I read aloud.

Mom are you crying again?

It's a sad book!

It's "But not the Hippopotamus."

Hush.

Awww!   :grouphug:  for you and  :grouphug:  for the Hippopotamus.

And  :grouphug:  for the Armadillo, too.

• Like 3

Also, I hate people who lie to me. We've been waiting to set Weapon X's dental appointment because the dentist needed 50% to schedule, with the remaining 50% to be paid on the date of the service. I called today to schedule and now they want 75% with the remainder to be paid a week prior to service. And I'm mad. 😠

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

That sounds quite usurious.  Why the change?  Why that other policy to begin with?

Can you change dentists?

I have 12 minutes of time to myself but I don't want to read my novel bc I peeked at the end and I know she's going to end up with a guy I don't like.

This is why I don't read fiction. I know how Basics of Biblical Greek ends.

All right, then how about a pot plant?? That's legal here in the Great State of California, you know!

No.

Well, I guess having a "coming out" party for removal of uncooperative body parts is appropriate, isn't it?

Oh, SHUUUUUT up!

• Like 3

I have done all the things!!

I baked bread for DS's homeroom teacher and Sister L the principal and delivered it. It was the least I could do for putting up with him the past two years.

I took DS2 to the orthodontist.

I went to the library and paid a fine. Now all the librarians will be driving brand new Cadillacs.

I took DS2 to the doctor. He's going to Boy Scout Camp this summer and needed a physical. Which the Boy Scouts provided a couple weeks ago. But he flunked his physical because he thought he was going to have to get a shot and it sent his blood pressure through the roof. So, his GP had to sign off on his BP. But I love our family doctor. She is so sweet and she even gave me another prescription in case I got another UTI.

Now, I am laying in bed with a throw over me because it's 20 degrees cooler today and it even sprinkled a bit this morning. And of course, there's COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

• Like 7

Just got back from the ped with Riv. We discussed meds, but she's quite anti-med unless grades are really being affected. I kind of figured it would go that way and I'm ok with that for now. We talked about the Feingold diet and she looked it up while we were talking. She said "Hey! This is what my family does. Nice to know there's a name for it now." haha 

So, diet changes and I have some Citrus Fresh essential oils that my friend says are supposed to work really well. *Fingers crossed*

• Like 5

I am currently at DD12's dance lesson. I am now THAT Mom, the one that glowers while unstintingly​ stating her grievances (including that NO ONE returned any of my calls the previous week) and announcing that after the recital we are DONE with this studio.

I had fun being THAT Mom. *Evil grin*

• Like 5

Just got back from the ped with Riv. We discussed meds, but she's quite anti-med unless grades are really being affected. I kind of figured it would go that way and I'm ok with that for now. We talked about the Feingold diet and she looked it up while we were talking. She said "Hey! This is what my family does. Nice to know there's a name for it now." haha 

So, diet changes and I have some Citrus Fresh essential oils that my friend says are supposed to work really well. *Fingers crossed*

Nice! About the Citrus Fresh...does it contain orange? There's no oranges in Stage 1 of Feingold, so it might need to be avoided. Or not. I avoided ingesting and topical of things on the list. ymmv.

• Like 2

I have 12 minutes of time to myself but I don't want to read my novel bc I peeked at the end and I know she's going to end up with a guy I don't like.

You're not supposed to peek!

That sounds quite usurious. Why the change? Why that other policy to begin with?

Can you change dentists?

Unfortunately, no. This is not our regular dentist. He's too jumpy to get the work he needs done, and this is the only sedation dentist in the area so I have to play along. The receptionist I talked to today said that the policy has not changed; I was misinformed at our last appointment. I don't know where the disconnect was but it's frustrating. I suppose the purpose for the policy is because they are the only sedation dentist in the area, so their schedule tends to be pretty full.

• Like 1

I'm thinking we should have cereal for dinner. It's only Wednesday and I'm already out of ideas.

I have declared tonight a fend-for-yourself eat-stuff-up supper night.

• Like 2

So, we ended up at the pediatric dentist today after I called in this am. They worked us in an hour later, and one of my kiddos had two teeth extracted under sedation. And I need to find an orthodontist pronto. Tomorrow we are headed to the pediatric podiatrist. It's been an interesting week.

:grouphug:  for all of the interesting bits.

I'm getting another cup of COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Anyone need anything while I'm up??

Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, please!

• Like 2

Nice! About the Citrus Fresh...does it contain orange? There's no oranges in Stage 1 of Feingold, so it might need to be avoided. Or not. I avoided ingesting and topical of things on the list. ymmv.

OH! You are right. It contains "Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, and Mandarin oils with a hint of Spearmint". 

I didn't even think of that. I ordered it before I knew about the diet. Well, we'll save it for when we introduce those back in. :) 

Mary, when is your second opinion appointment for Riv? 

He just emailed me back today and I think it will be July 31st. I should have waited for him the first time. I was referred to him via the dyslexia learning center in Springfield. By emailing him and telling him I was referred by them, I am getting in a bit earlier. He's usually booked up for 3 or more months. 

This will give us time to see how much we can regulate the ADHD before hand and maybe she'll show some progress on the rest of the test. (Here's hoping anyway!)

• Like 6

You're not supposed to peek!

Unfortunately, no. This is not our regular dentist. He's too jumpy to get the work he needs done, and this is the only sedation dentist in the area so I have to play along. The receptionist I talked to today said that the policy has not changed; I was misinformed at our last appointment. I don't know where the disconnect was but it's frustrating. I suppose the purpose for the policy is because they are the only sedation dentist in the area, so their schedule tends to be pretty full.

Well, phooey.  Can you suggest they have that payment policy printed up so they can hand it to people?  It would help to avoid such miscommunication in the future, and people can plan accordingly to have the funds available on time.

Still, it would have been good business for them to honor what they told you the other time for this round.

• Like 3

I am currently at DD12's dance lesson. I am now THAT Mom, the one that glowers while unstintingly​ stating her grievances (including that NO ONE returned any of my calls the previous week) and announcing that after the recital we are DONE with this studio.

I had fun being THAT Mom. *Evil grin*

I realized that I had forgotten to ask when we can pick up the recital tights that were ordered, so I headed back to the desk.  Ended up talking with one of the gals who runs the place.

"What color tights for your child?"  "I don't recall -- Tap I class.  Their color of tights."  

She waited for DD's instructor to get off the phone and asked her.  "Tan."

"What size?"  "I don't recall.  The tights that were ordered for <name of DD>."

DD's instructor guessed, and they handed over a pair of tights.  It turns out they are NOT the pair of tights that were ordered for her, though they should work.

"Shall we bill these to your account?"  I just looked at her.  "Or did you pay for them already?"  "Yes, I paid when the order was placed."

The gal, finding out that I was the wife of the guy who was in last week complaining about picture day being scheduled poorly decided that they might be able to reschedule this ONE class (DD's class) to their normal class day instead of a different day.  So they are willing to reshuffle everyone else on at most 1 week's notice -- I'm not impressed.  They said they'd call me if they manage that (apparently they really want DD in her class's group picture).  I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

And you are a very pretty statue, too, I'm sure!    :D

Well, at least my hair is painted up pretty. The didn't give me any little ribbons for my topknot, though.

ETA: It's a pretty puppy Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4

Mary, when is your second opinion appointment for Riv? 

Oh, I will say, my doctor read through the report today. (She already has the written report because it was faxed. I'm still waiting on my mailed copy.) 

I told her that I was going to get a second opinion because Riv was so hyper that day AND that I felt the neuropsych was frustrated with her. She said that that was surprising because the report was very kindly written. So, maybe mama emotions were heavy that day. lol

BUT, I do want to still have him retest her (and possibly do a couple more tests), especially after she's been off dyes for awhile. 

• Like 5

Speaking of puppies: the boys and I took all four girls to the new dirt pile to dig. After burrowing like little badgers, they decided to be ducks in the creek. So now I have four muddy, happy puppies that need baths. But they had fun.

ETA: Then I had two chickens who decided they would play at being eagles and roost in the top of the persimmon tree. So none of my animals know what they want to be when they grow up.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 10

I picked up dd's lab results today. After wrestling with a stupid receptionist who didn't think that I should be allowed access to my own child's lab report without signing a gazillion papers (which I signed with ill grace), we got the papers. Every thing was stellar except for the celiac test which was clearly positive. Which is what they told me on the phone but I like to see things for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

No one is taking this thread seriously. :hat:

Having said that, I'm starting my new habit of going to bed at a decent hour. Good night!

I've been doing that! But I woke up at like 4 this morning so I'm not doing it anymore.
  • Like 3

No one is taking this thread seriously.  :hat:

Having said that, I'm starting my new habit of going to bed at a decent hour. Good night!

I had water aerobics tonight. And I am going to bed at an indecent hour. For me!

Good night!!!

• Like 4

DH is cancelling our Netflix.  We have a few more days on it so I was binge-watching certain shows before I lose access to them.  (I'll do that, but I won't fight to maintain access to them.  They just aren't important.)  Yesterday Netflix put up another change in user agreement requiring accepting it before we could continue to watch.  I didn't bother accepting it -- I just told DH yesterday (and I must remember to tell the girls) that Netflix is now inaccessible to us.

We are trying out the offerings on Amazon Prime for now.  DH might or might not decide to try Hulu -- his parents switched over to that from Netflix.  I found a BBC production of Charles Dickens's Bleak House with Gillian Anderson and several other faces I've seen a lot but can't recall their names.  It took a bit for me to get interested because they did some artsy camera affectations I find annoying and distracting, and the imagery is rather dark (as in hard to see because there isn't much light).  I like Dickens, however, and all of those familiar faces had me curious, and now I'm enjoying the story.  I did turn on subtitles, however, because I found some of what they were saying hard to hear.

• Like 3

I've been doing that! But I woke up at like 4 this morning so I'm not doing it anymore.

I have found that lately if I go to bed at 11, I can wake up at 6ish pretty well. I am grateful that I am not having insomnia issues. And that my arms and legs work well. Breathing is good. Very grateful.

• Like 5

I walked 1/2 mile this morning before making my bed and heading downstairs (treadmill).  I have a load of laundry going and have done sundry other light housework.  I am dressed for more exercising, including sneakers, so I will be less likely to sit today.  When I head out on a couple of errands others can enjoy my attire or not -- their choice.  I plan on getting in more movement today.

I did some Tai Chi yesterday.

• Like 4

I have found that lately if I go to bed at 11, I can wake up at 6ish pretty well. I am grateful that I am not having insomnia issues. And that my arms and legs work well. Breathing is good. Very grateful.

That seems to be my sleep hours, too, right now.  Our bedroom receives the strongest climate control in the house (a/c in the summer, heat in the winter), and right now the bedroom is just on the verge of being just a tad too chilly when I go to sleep.  As a result I'm not waking up hot at all during the night, and I'm plenty warm by morning.  If I feel chilly I can put another blanket on the bed, but I won't do so until and unless my sleep is disturbed due to the chill.  I'm enjoying the lack of sweating.

• Like 2