Menu

Ignore this thread!

Okay, here's the deal. If we're going to be internet friends and share all the hard stuff, we really need to be where we can be physically close and share everyone's burdens and stuff. Because I'm feeling highly inadequate right now.

Critter, I certainly hope that you're working on that manuscript, young lady. And who is the assigned real estate agent? Doesn't HGTV have a show about island life? Maybe they can help locate our destination?

I need a job. Someone tell me what to do.

Go to bed.
  • Like 1

I feel like pulling my hair out. The little I have left.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

(Coming in for some quick bits of ketchup -- still visiting with family)

• Like 2

Speaking of communing with gardens, my son planted four hills of pumpkins. They are beginning to germinate, and he is beside himself with pride, and worry that they won't make it through the pumpkin predators we have around here. I told him that this was an experimental project and he shouldn't take it too seriously, but I think he still sees himself proudly harvesting Jacks this fall. 

DD12 has a pumpkin plant growing in the yard that she started from a few sprouted seeds from a Halloween pumpkin we had bought.  It keeps flowering, but no pumpkin yet.  DH was discussing this with his mother this past weekend, and I guess there are male and female flowers  :confused1:  so having just one plant might not be enough?   :confused1:

• Like 2

Cut and pasted from my panic attack on Critter's accountability thread:

I'm overwhelmed.

Dd is still having symptoms of whatever it is. The lab results didn't come in Friday so now we have to wait until Tuesday.

Ds has an ear infection. I think that I might need to take him to urgent care today so that's we can get some actual antibiotics.

I'm still so far behind in grading and that means that I don't have a handle on where Dd is in her subjects.

Dh is underfoot because holiday weekend.

I have to really get serious about preparing for a speaking engagement that I have coming up. And I also need to get serious about preparing for teaching at summer Bible camp. (And my mom and sister are visiting the week before camp so the house will need to be clean etc. too. Camp isn't until the end of August so if I get on the ball it shouldn't be as issue but It's hard to get on the ball when you already feel like you're drowning.

It will all work out in the end. It always does. I'm just freaking out here so I can get it out of my system before trying to tackle the day.

Oh- and MIL is dying. It's not necessarily imminent but she's declining and is barely eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Rocky has suddenly and catastropically lost all function of his back legs.  The vet is closed for the weekend.  The humane society is also closed though they are open tomorrow (though I don't know if that includes euthanization services).  I'm trying to figure out what to do.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

This Booyah in tribute to Rocky.    :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

Rest In Peace Rocky

I am so sorry.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Lots of love and hugs to all of you, but especially Jean and family.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Time for me to shower, get dressed, rouse the family, and get over for more visiting.  I'll check back later.

• Like 4

AMJ, did I ever mention how much I loved your Bacon Operetta? I am hoping you will perform it again and have your girls video it. :D The ITT opera company needs more original material like this!

Hmm, I might have better luck getting my nephews to act it out than DD15.  DD12 might be game.  I'll see what I can come up with!

• Like 1

Dd10 is in our bed pestering us to help her break open the geode we bought for her at the museum of natural history. We had a classic Charlie Brown moment last night when the kids were getting their souvenirs:

"I got a hat!"

"I got a nesting doll!"

"I got a journal!"

"I got a rock."

:D

• Like 9

AMJ: You only need one pumpkin plant for fruit. There are male and female flowers, and the male flowers are usually first on the vine, with the females coming a little later. You may or may not get a fruit you recognize, however. Most commercial pumpkins are hybrids, and they won't come true to type from seed. It should look like a pumpkin, but it might be interesting in coloration. Most of our volunteers from Jack-o-lanterns were oblong, fair-sized and yellow/orange streaked with green.

• Like 2

How can 5 kids manage to consume 4 packages of cream cheese in 6 days?

Oh, that's easy!  I could do that alone!

Lox & bagel

cream cheese on celery

on toast

on crackers (maybe topped with olives or fruit)

eaten straight off the knife....

• Like 7

Copperhead snakes in the chicken house. should not be allowed before caffeine.

Small edit required.  See above.

By eating roughly one ounce per day if I got my math right.

:huh:

:ack2: Math! :ack2: Too Early!

:iagree:

I hope Krissi didn't run out of coffee.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Happy Memorial Day.

Has anyone heard from Krissi?  Maybe she had weekend plans and I forgot?  Did she go AWOL?

The last post I see from her is from the 26th. No mention of weekend plans, but she may have a secret life we don't know about. Maybe I missed something.

• Like 4

Copperhead snakes in the chicken house should not be allowed. before caffeine.

Small edits should not be allowed before caffeine.  :glare:

Abandon ship! Abandon ship!

:willy_nilly: :ack2: :willy_nilly:

Still right.

Small edit required.  See above.

:huh:

:iagree:

I hope Krissi didn't run out of coffee.

Maybe Krissi is delivering coffee here?

• Like 6

Good morning.

I didn't get much done yesterday because of course the focus suddenly shifted to Rocky. But I did talk to one of the camp directors. She is a dear friend so it was nice to catch up. She's also the wife of the friend who had the heart attack. Besides chatting, we also discussed this year's camp. They expect an influx of younger kids this year. I teach all the younger kids so my job is secure. ;). I never get actual numbers until closer to camp but I have had as many as 20 kids in my class. It's kind of funny now because pretty much all the teens in the camp now were in my class at some point.

• Like 8

Good Morning!

So far this morning:

helping ds16 apply for work;

dd10 asked for assistance in identifying two spiders in our house -- she wants them released, not killed.  (Dh is home today, so I gave him this assignment.)

working on Children's Lit class for dd12 and dd14

• Like 7

We had some rain last night, so I got up early and pulled weeds and filled a very large roller cart full of them.  I still need to trim my hedges and rose bushes.  I have been somewhat neglectful of the landscaping lately.

I've got an ambitious to-do list for today, but I think I may have used up all of my gumption.

• Like 5

I cooked (not grilled) pre-made, seasoned turkey burgers. Because we forgot to purchase the charcoal yesterday. Oh, well. Dancer is with friends at the mall. Dh and Gymnast are down at the river. I'm listening to a call about the Joy Journal with the author, and I guess I'll finish decluttering this corner of the living room while I listen.

• Like 6

All right, people!! We're back!!, I have not ketchupped!!! At all!!! I'm sorry I didn't give y'all the heads up we were leaving town this weekend. So, no we were not kidnapped by aliens and taken to the planet Zorgon and had our minds re-programmed.

We went to Memorial Day Family Camp at our favorite little Christian Camp in the mountains. We left Friday afternoon and between DS's graduation nonsense the day before and laundry and kittens and everything else, we were out the door and on our way and without Internet connection before I realized I hadn't told anyone. It was a wonderful weekend. Trees and mountains, and streams and not having to cook for 8 straight meals (although I think I gained 10 lbs., the food was great, they fed us lots and often and dessert every meal). It's a small camp and we could just let the kids have their freedom all day and not worry. They found friends and went boating and on the zipline and the Extreme Swing. And I did archery 2 afternoons. It was a wonderful weekend!!

• Like 11

I wish it would be unseasonably cool here. I went out to refill pups' water bowl, and they just looked at me as if to say, "Woman, if you think for one minute we want to go for walks on our leashes, you need to go think again." 

So I said we could wait until later in the day. 

My children and DH have already gone through one set of clothes. DH is currently working on getting another set dirty. I have threatened to go on a laundry strike.

• Like 7