Menu

Ignore this thread!

We've been outside with friends from ~11 until almost 3:00.  I decided we needed to grab Little Caesar's $5.00 pizza and crazy bread on the way home.  Very good call.  I am tired.  But full.  

Morel Mushrooms and a few extra creepy crawlies will descend on my kitchen in 30 minutes.   :svengo:   

• Like 4

I just wandered in bc I foolishly gave my kids a spring break and now I'm bored with no fun homeschooling to do. 🤓

Welcome!

There's always curriculum shopping if you get bored with us.

Psssst..  Spudater!  You got a Booyah!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

Booyah?

It's kind of a little thing we do. If you are the first post at the top of the page you get to "Booya/h". You might want to look back over the past thousand pages or so for some ideas. And how you decide to spell the magic word, "h" or "no-h" is entirely up to you. Some of us straddle the fence regarding "h".
  • Like 2

I just wandered in bc I foolishly gave my kids a spring break and now I'm bored with no fun homeschooling to do. 🤓

Welcome!  Come and play with us!

• Like 2

I should probably deep clean my house but that just seems wrong. It's spring break!

Of course, I can't do it when I'm busy homeschooling either...

It's kind of a little thing we do. If you are the first post at the top of the page you get to "Booya/h". You might want to look back over the past thousand pages or so for some ideas. And how you decide to spell the magic word, "h" or "no-h" is entirely up to you. Some of us straddle the fence regarding "h".

What you do (if you are one a computer where you can see the actual pages) if you get the first post on a new page is Edit your post to include the declaration of Booya(h).  We have people who are staunchly h-ers and others who are just as staunchly no-h-ers.  We might squabble over it, but it's all in fun and no one intends or takes offense.  You can join a camp or straddle the fence where spelling is concerned.  Feel free to get creative with your Booya(h)s, or dedicate them to people, if you wish.  Booya(h)s are a game here that lasted longer than the awarding of points.  You get 5000 points just for popping in, and 5000 more for getting your first Booya(h) so quickly.

And the points don't matter.

• Like 4

I should probably deep clean my house but that just seems wrong. It's spring break!

edited for the booyah

But what is this booyah of which you speak?

Oh the unexpected social tresspass!

Or is it an opportunity...

Yeehaw, no-one can stop me from gratuitous blank verse!

Alas, even this booyah must come to an end, and

H is only optional...

😎 *mic drop*

Ding, ding, ding, ding!! Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner!!!

Excellent Booya/h! You catch on quickly.

• Like 4

Welcome to ITT, Spudater! I had to wait like a month before I got my first Booya. 😒

#noh

We all got haircuts today. I keep thinking that I want to grow my hair out, and then it gets just long enough to remind me that I hate dealing with long hair. So now it's been pixied again and I feel much better.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Edited by lanalouwho
  • Like 7

We also used to tell newbies that they had to go read the whole thread, but that kinda died after the first few hundred pages.   :D

:lol: I almost told her the secret to the Booyah was in the previous 88,000+ posts.  Ketchup!

But I decided I felt like a big BOOYAH instead.

• Like 5

edited for the booyah

H is only optional...

😎 *mic drop*

:hurray: The choosing of the h!  Spudater is the cool!

• Like 5

edited for the booyah

H is only optional...

😎 *mic drop*

Oh, huzZAH!  Wonderful!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Spudater's going to fit RIGHT in here!

• Like 3

edited for the booyah

H is only optional...

😎 *mic drop*

You spelled it wrong.

• Like 6

I love my DH. Sometimes, he tries to be helpful and I love that about him. Except it's usually not really that helpful, and sometimes actually creates more work for me. Next time he offers to do something in the kitchen, I'm sending him outside to work on my car. That WOULD be helpful.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I feel betrayed. I am the first to welcome Spudator to the pack, and the first thing Spudator does with the booya is use the H. I couldn't even like the first booya post. This is so disappointing. Even Queen Ellie is team #noh. And OBB. Sigh. I guess I'll just go cook dinner. So long.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

I feel betrayed. I am the first to welcome Spudator to the pack, and the first thing Spudator does with the booya is use the H. I couldn't even like the first booya post. This is so disappointing. Even Queen Ellie is team #noh. And OBB. Sigh. I guess I'll just go cook dinner. So long.

Pouting does not look good on you, Renai. Do you need a hug?

• Like 6

I was driving home after picking ds up at college and dropping him off at work.  I was sooooo tired that I was dropping off to sleep while driving.  Talking to dd wasn't even keeping me awake.  So I had to keep pinching and slapping myself until I got home.  (Call CPS!  I'm abusing myself!  But it was either that or end up in a ditch somewhere. . . .)  Anyway. . . I got home and collapsed in my waiting arm chair.  I set a timer for 20 min.  I just got to sleep and a telemarketer called.  Dd got that one.  I got to sleep again and another telemarketer called.  20 min. was up by then so I got up and yelled at them and slammed down the phone.  Boy, that felt better! 

I'm only partially functional. 

Edited because I'm only partially literate too, apparently. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3

Ugh. I give up on Lent. I eased back into the boards a week or two ago, and I'm tiptoeing back into ITT.  Balance. My life needs balance.  

Welcome, Spudater!

I'm sorry your dad has been so ill, Krissi!

Jean, sorry about your friend!

An AFSA on headaches!

Jean, whatever happened with ds's car and driver's license? Is there a reason you are still shuffling him everywhere?  Also, someone else needs to take a turn with Rocky duty. I'm sorry he's ill, but so are you, iykwim. 

I'm still trying to ketchup.....

We are finally back to normal post storm damage and we got our final insurance check Saturday.  Hurray! Other than that, it's been the usual daily grind here.

• Like 5

Ugh. I give up on Lent. I eased back into the boards a week or two ago, and I'm tiptoeing back into ITT.  Balance. My life needs balance.  

Welcome, Spudater!

I'm sorry your dad has been so ill, Krissi!

Jean, sorry about your friend!

An AFSA on headaches!

Jean, whatever happened with ds's car and driver's license? Is there a reason you are still shuffling him everywhere?  Also, someone else needs to take a turn with Rocky duty. I'm sorry he's ill, but so are you, iykwim. 

I'm still trying to ketchup.....

We are finally back to normal post storm damage and we got our final insurance check Saturday.  Hurray! Other than that, it's been the usual daily grind here.

Hi Prairie.  I'm glad that you are back here on ITT.

Ds's car is still being worked on.  He's able to get his license but we are holding off until summer because we want to hold off as long as we can on adding him to insurance (even though he will pay for it) and because the car won't be ready until then anyway. 

• Like 3

"To H, or not to H. That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

That sometimes silent consonant

Or to take arms against the sea of troubles

And by opposing end it . To H - we please some on ITT

And to H - we end the heartache and the thousand arguments

That Booya/h is heir to. 'Tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished."

Kristen's Soliloquy

• Like 11

I think she's Spilunker now.  Slash, the Original Booya Babeâ„¢, said so.

• Like 3

Somebody tell me to go write. I ate my dinner and now I'm supposed to be writing. And I'm goofing and thinking about taking a hot bath.

Go take a hot bath, Critter.  Then write all about it, so that I can live vicariously through your words.

Have a glass of red wine and dark chocolate bonbons, too, 'k?

Ooooo, looky there!  It's a hot bath, wine, and chocolate...

BOOYA

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 7