Menu

Ignore this thread!

And news on my friend:  they are still trying to break up clots in his lungs. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   And still praying.

• Like 2

Time for bed and seeing what wins -- breathing or sleep.  At least I can prop myself up a bit, and can move to the recliner sofa if it gets bad.

Hang in there, everyone.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

Wow, ITT has been quiet tonight!! I had to make meatballs at DS's school for the spaghetti dinner fundraiser tomorrow. And I tell you, Sister L. is picky about those meatballs. They need to be packed and not cracked. "Because who you going to serve a cracked meatball to?" (Her words in a strong Italian accent)

The news about my dad is not good. He got taken to the Big Hospital in the Big City. They don't know what is wrong with him, he has not regained lucidity. He is flailing wildly (think of the kind of arm motions a newborn makes) and has a lot of unintentional self-inflicted scratches and bruises. They put socks on his hands. They were going to do an MRI on him tonight. We are preparing for the worst.

I am going to bed. Hope you all sleep well. Love you all!

• Like 5

Good morning!

We are going to the observatory open house this morning - a free tour and talk about the upcoming solar eclipse. Tonight we have music lessons and orchestra class.

Coffee!

Ahhhhhhh! Too Early Booyah!

Livin' on twaddle,

I was happy to dawdle,

Until Mom told me my work must be done.

Now here it is sunset,

And she won't let me drop it,

I'll be here all night and I never had fun!

Refrain:

Wasting away again in Math‘n’Grammarville
Hoping that there's a whole hour of art
Some people say that there is knowledge to gain
But I know, of it I want no part

It sure isn't pleasin',

All this logic and reason,

Gettin' shoved down my throat with these dusty old books!

When I could be skatin'

Building forts and be playin'

So I'm giving my teacher these disgusted looks!

Refrain:

But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled

Dropped my pencil and fumbled

Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,

But Mom isn't buying,

All these tricks that I'm trying,

And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do.

Refrain:

It sure isn't pleasin',

When I could be skatin'

Wasting away again in Math-and-Grammarville

Livin' on twaddle,

I was happy to dawdle,

Now here it is sunset,

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

Wow, ITT has been quiet tonight!! I had to make meatballs at DS's school for the spaghetti dinner fundraiser tomorrow. And I tell you, Sister L. is picky about those meatballs. They need to be packed and not cracked. "Because who you going to serve a cracked meatball to?" (Her words in a strong Italian accent)

The news about my dad is not good. He got taken to the Big Hospital in the Big City. They don't know what is wrong with him, he has not regained lucidity. He is flailing wildly (think of the kind of arm motions a newborn makes) and has a lot of unintentional self-inflicted scratches and bruises. They put socks on his hands. They were going to do an MRI on him tonight. We are preparing for the worst.

I am going to bed. Hope you all sleep well. Love you all!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I was reading up on quick Italian Wedding soup recipes, and many of them claim to "cheat" on making the meatballs -- they say to buy sausages, pinch the filling out of the casing, and form it into meatballs as you drop it into the pan.

• Like 2

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I was reading up on quick Italian Wedding soup recipes, and many of them claim to "cheat" on making the meatballs -- they say to buy sausages, pinch the filling out of the casing, and form it into meatballs as you drop it into the pan.

oh, none of that here!!! These meatballs are made of ground pork from a secret recipe and are huge... we had a guy scooping them up with an icecream scoop for us, and then we'd pack them and shape them. All under the watchful eye of Sister L. 😜
  • Like 8

Good morning!

We are going to the observatory open house this morning - a free tour and talk about the upcoming solar eclipse. Tonight we have music lessons and orchestra class.

Coffee!

Ahhhhhhh! Too Early Booyah!

Livin' on twaddle,

I was happy to dawdle,

Now here it is sunset,

Refrain:

It sure isn't pleasin',

When I could be skatin'

Refrain:

But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled

Dropped my pencil and fumbled

Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,

But Mom isn't buying,

All these tricks that I'm trying,

And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do.

Refrain:

It sure isn't pleasin',

When I could be skatin'

Wasting away again in Math-and-Grammarville

Livin' on twaddle,

I was happy to dawdle,

Now here it is sunset,

:001_wub:

I love this place.

• Like 8

So far work-thing has stunketh.  But the company is now owned by a huge conglomerate, so think bureaucracy.

Hopefully, once I survive the new hire paperwork and meetings and trainings (to do the same thing I've already done for 8 years, yay, corporate efficiency :blink: ), then it will become okay.  Please keep reminding me that there are literally NO opportunities to make this hourly rate part-time, online otherwise.  Because I hate stupid bureaucracy with a searing, blue fire.

• Like 8

So far work-thing has stunketh. But the company is now owned by a huge conglomerate, so think bureaucracy.

Hopefully, once I survive the new hire paperwork and meetings and trainings (to do the same thing I've already done for 8 years, yay, corporate efficiency :blink: ), then it will become okay. Please keep reminding me that there are literally NO opportunities to make this hourly rate part-time, online otherwise. Because I hate stupid bureaucracy with a searing, blue fire.

You can do it!! You can get through the junk!!
  • Like 5

So far today, we've had a skinned knee, a twisted ankle, a change of plans, and a library late fee. I knew the late fee was coming, but still...

Even so, I am inexplicably cheerful. Today still has potential.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

So I'm having a linguistic fit over something in Latin today. We are studying adjectives that "require" prepositional phrases to complete their meanings, and I'm having spasms about cupidus,-a,-um, because of the way it's translated. In English-you would say, desirous of, or desirous (eager) for. So in English, you can use the dative (for) with it. Not in Latin! No dative there. No way. Latin will not let you pass the buck to whatever you desire. No, no! In Latin always uses the genitive. You own it. Reflects the meaning right back on the person doing the desiring. And that just seems so cool to me.

Carry on. This educational post brought to you by geeked-out fantasy writer who has already had too much caffeine today.

• Like 8

So I'm having a linguistic fit over something in Latin today. We are studying adjectives that "require" prepositional phrases to complete their meanings, and I'm having spasms about cupidus,-a,-um, because of the way it's translated. In English-you would say, desirous of, or desirous (eager) for. So in English, you can use the dative (for) with it. Not in Latin! No dative there. No way. Latin will not let you pass the buck to whatever you desire. No, no! In Latin always uses the genitive. You own it. Reflects the meaning right back on the person doing the desiring. And that just seems so cool to me.

Carry on. This educational post brought to you by geeked-out fantasy writer who has already had too much caffeine today.

You remind me of my DH. Always trying to figure things out. I just accept it. That whole cupidus thing... Didn't understand it. But that's all right with me. To me, that's just the way you say it. I don't need to know why. DH always has to understand why.
  • Like 6

Tuesday am Rocky report.  His appetite is back.  He polished off an entire can of the wet dog food plus a bit of dry kibble mixed in.

I've been wondering what to do about the Chinese miracle herb.  It has really made a difference, I think.  But I"m almost out.  And just 8 days worth was $60!  And the vet where I finally located it gave me their last pills and told me that the manufacturer was having a shortage.  But I called a local Chinese herbal store and I can get the exact same supplement for $13 for 8 days supply.  And none of the red tape needed at the vets.  I was worried that we couldn't find more for Rocky and even if we could, we couldn't afford to keep buying that every 8 days.  But I think that this is doable.  And this Chinese herbal store is right on the way to ds' work so it is super easy to pop in there to get it. 

• Like 9

Five different black socks pulled from the sock mosh pit. None of them match! 

Strangler socks! Pedithreadia nigra, the most dangerous kind! 

You remind me of my DH. Always trying to figure things out. I just accept it. That whole cupidus thing... Didn't understand it. But that's all right with me. To me, that's just the way you say it. I don't need to know why. DH always has to understand why. 

No, I'm far worse. If I can't find out why, I'll deduct and dig my way to a why. Even if it isn't there. :laugh:

• Like 7

Well, I have some good news on my dad. He has a UTI. And UTIs can have very severe dementia-like symptoms in the elderly. So, they have him on antibiotics. He is not lucid yet, but he is sleeping off and on. 

:hurray: And somebody needs to go hug that doctor that ordered the urinalysis. I hope that's all it is.

• Like 6

What great news, Krissi!  :party:

And, Jean, I think you should at least try the other formulation.  The vet-provided one that you can't afford is really of no use long-term, is it?  So you may as well try an option you can afford would be my thinking.

And also Jean, I'm really sorry about your friend.  That's horrendously difficult to handle when there just aren't any good options.  When I was so bad my doctor tried a medicine and had to clearly tell my family that the treatment very well might kill me but that I was definitely going to die if he didn't try.  I'm sorry that your friend doesn't even seem to have that option. :sad:

• Like 5

11yo ds passed the last round of Memory Master proofing today - yay!  

I have.....

done a couple loads of laundry

unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher

started our tax return.   :scared:

I am drinking decaf as a reward.

Next I will put clean sheets from the dryer back on my bed.  

• Like 6

What great news, Krissi!  :party:

And, Jean, I think you should at least try the other formulation.  The vet-provided one that you can't afford is really of no use long-term, is it?  So you may as well try an option you can afford would be my thinking.

And also Jean, I'm really sorry about your friend.  That's horrendously difficult to handle when there just aren't any good options.  When I was so bad my doctor tried a medicine and had to clearly tell my family that the treatment very well might kill me but that I was definitely going to die if he didn't try.  I'm sorry that your friend doesn't even seem to have that option. :sad:

They have been doing the "clot buster" medicine on my friend.  And they did a pulmonary angiogram.  Both have helped but have not been totally successful at dealing with the clots.  The next line of treatment would be surgery but he is in no condition to survive surgery.  So I assume that they will just keep hoping that the clots will dissolve over time. 

• Like 1

DS has damaged a neighbor's property. It was a mistake, but not an accident. Neighbor is furious.

Crud. :/

He will be paying for it, of course, and is grounded, but I'm concerned about the relationship.

:(  I'm sorry.  I hope that after restitution is made that the relationship will be ok.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Krissi, such good news about your dad.

I remember that my grandfather had a UTI that really affected his mind.  He couldn't remember my name, had no idea what year it was...  In a few days it cleared up.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

oh, none of that here!!! These meatballs are made of ground pork from a secret recipe and are huge... we had a guy scooping them up with an icecream scoop for us, and then we'd pack them and shape them. All under the watchful eye of Sister L. 😜

I am sure they taste fantastic.  You couldn't possibly share the recipe, could you, or tips on how to get the meatballs to pack without cracking?