Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have an idea to combine a John Denver song (Take Me Home, Country Roads), Shenandoah, and America the Beautiful. Not sure it will work or be at a level the kids can play. Also there's the copyright issue. Humph.

yeah, well, take the three songs that choke me up the most and put them all together. Thanks! Add the Battle Hymn of the Republic in there and I'd be a huge sobbing puddle on the ground.
  • Like 5

Curious. Does copyright come into play if you are not getting money for your performance?

I will have to look it up again, but I think it's an issue for any public performance, even if you're not getting paid. Some venues pay a "blanket" fee to ascap or whatever to cover any copyright fees and royalties due to the copyright owner. Most churches will do this since a lot of the music used is copyrighted. I believe there is some leeway for educational programs, but even then it's not supposed to be recorded and posted on youtube or whatever. It seems very complicated.

• Like 4

I would have someone check that outlet immediately to make sure that there is no short in the wiring.  And I would change out the outlet before getting a new microwave.  Something melted that plug and I doubt that the melting came from the plug itself (if that makes sense). 

No worries, engineer DH already inspected and replaced the outlet.  It was the culprit.  We've had other outlets go bad on us in this house -- so not impressed with the builders.

DH did take the opportunity to make both girls sniff things and talk to them about what to do if they ever smell electrical burning.  He was sure to point out that this could have easily burned down the entire house.

He says the plug on the microwave isn't damaged more than cosmetically, but I've been considering replacing our old mammoth anyway.  I think this one needs retiring.  I guess I go to AFSA or Target tomorrow to see what's available.

Time for bed now.  Busy day.  Good night, everyone!

• Like 6

This happens often with chocolate sauce and fried bacon. It really NEEDS to be just right!

:001_wub:

I need to go to Susan's house, stat, to help in the kitchen.

(I'm still shaking. :blink: )

There's just no telling how much recipe tweaking will be needed - we'd better make an ITT party of it!

Ok, so would you be testing that chocolate sauce with homemade vanilla icecream or would you be dipping chunks of pound cake and angel food cake into it? Kind of like a fondue. And while we're on the topic of fondue... I think that would go really well with the food tasting.
  • Like 7

I had a glass and a half of wine and watched two episodes of Dr. Who.  DH is vacuuming the top of the stove, the bottom oven, and the environs.  I picked up the big pieces but I was actually shaking, so hence the wine and Dr. Who.  :blink:

I can wholeheartedly recommend OveGloves, however.  The only damage to me is a small burn on my inner forearm that got hit by hot, flying glass.  And the stupid thing actually exploded in my hand. :blink:

((JJM))  I hope that you are feeling better now.

The time I had it happen, a girl friend and I were using her pyrex saucepan.  We had water boiling for pasta or something like that.  Anyway, fortunately for us, we had gone into the other room to get something or to wait or something (I can't remember exactly) and we heard the explosion but weren't actually hit by anything.  I vowed to never ever get pyrex saucepans.  I think they were called Corning Vision or something like that. 

• Like 4

For Dancer - Metallica song played by a blue grass band.

This is AWESOME!  I know what we are getting BIL for his birthday this year!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 2

Good Sunday Morning!  May your day be blessed in every way!

(((JJM)))  The time pyrex exploded on me was my fault.  I had set a casserole dish (can't remember what was in it - it was about 12 years ago) on a hot burner on top of the stove.  Fortunately, none of us were in the kitchen when it happened - just a mess to clean up.  I cannot imagine it exploding in your hands - that would shake a person up for sure!!!  Glad you are okay!

By the way, I was on Amblesideonline's website yesterday and they had information about a new music study to "keep up with the times" - it was Metallica.  I didn't realize until today that it must have been an April Fool's Joke because it's gone now.   :laugh:  :glare:

• Like 6

Good Sunday Morning!  May your day be blessed in every way!

(((JJM)))  The time pyrex exploded on me was my fault.  I had set a casserole dish (can't remember what was in it - it was about 12 years ago) on a hot burner on top of the stove.  Fortunately, none of us were in the kitchen when it happened - just a mess to clean up.  I cannot imagine it exploding in your hands - that would shake a person up for sure!!!  Glad you are okay!

By the way, I was on Amblesideonline's website yesterday and they had information about a new music study to "keep up with the times" - it was Metallica.  I didn't realize until today that it must have been an April Fool's Joke because it's gone now.   :laugh:  :glare:

Ikea sent out an email yesterday announcing Bigland, or some name like that.  It was to be similar to their Smalland (kids' play area), but for adults.  It would have a bar, some spa services (Swedish massage!), even dispute arbitration.  I was so disappointed they weren't really going to have that!  I could really use a bit of massage after wandering the floor there!

• Like 6

I like Metallica, and I liked the Iron Horse version of it, too. My diabetic cat seems to be feeling a little better with the higher insulin dose today. I hate changing doses. I always worry the control will be too tight for him. But I'm around this week and can monitor him. Writing today after tea.

• Like 5

Good morning!

Thank goodness for coffee!

I've had two Pyrex cake pans explode. I think I may have posted about one of them. Maybe I didn't. I meant too. Both on the stovetop; one I was melting butter in, like I had a hundred times for a peach cobbler; the second, a complete accident, the wrong burner was turned on. Both times it sounded as if a bomb went off in the kitchen. Glass shards

flew everywhere. I was in the kitchen both times. Ds21 was in there with me the first time. It is very frightening. :grouphug: JJM.

Actually, as we were putting in new flooring yesterday, we found glass behind the stove and under the trim. Maybe now it will finally be cleaned up.

I thought it was because I had it on the stovetop, and it was direct heat. I didn't know it could still happen in the oven. I love my glass cake and baking dishes. Do you think it is because they are older? How long had you had your Pyrex dish, JJM?

• Like 4

Good morning!

Thank goodness for coffee!

I've had two Pyrex cake pans explode. I think I may have posted about one of them. Maybe I didn't. I meant too. Both on the stovetop; one I was melting butter in, like I had a hundred times for a peach cobbler; the second, a complete accident, the wrong burner was turned on. Both times it sounded as if a bomb went off in the kitchen. Glass shards

flew everywhere. I was in the kitchen both times. Ds21 was in there with me the first time. It is very frightening. :grouphug: JJM.

Actually, as we were putting in new flooring yesterday, we found glass behind the stove and under the trim. Maybe now it will finally be cleaned up.

I thought it was because I had it on the stovetop, and it was direct heat. I didn't know it could still happen in the oven. I love my glass cake and baking dishes. Do you think it is because they are older? How long had you had your Pyrex dish, JJM?

You did post about that, now that I think about it.  I was not at my best last night!

And I am concerned that it might be a failure related to the age of the pieces.  I think I've had them since I bought my first house.  Which preceded DH by about 4 years.  Which means they are old.  I don't know whether I'll use them in the oven again.  Maybe just for storage and in the microwave.  Urgh.

ETA:  I just did the math.  They're about 21-22 years old.

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 3

You did post about that, now that I think about it. I was not at my best last night!

And I am concerned that it might be a failure related to the age of the pieces. I think I've had them since I bought my first house. Which preceded DH by about 4 years. Which means they are old. I don't know whether I'll use them in the oven again. Maybe just for storage and in the microwave. Urgh.

ETA: I just did the math. They're about 21-22 years old.

Mine were at least 15+ years.

• Like 3

Good afternoon!

We churched and lunched and now I am getting ready to conquer Mt. Laundry.

In an hour and a half, I need to leave and drop off dds on a play date on the way to Set Committee! Yes! Once again, the theatre company has completely ignored the fact that I have no stage design or artistic talents and have assigned me to Set Committee. 😬 Ok, the truth is that I am very proud of the brick walls I painted 4 productions ago, and which they have used in every production since, but it really was just tracing a block of wood with paint. And someone else had to tell me how to do it.

More coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!

I COFFEED quick this morning. Didn't have time to sit and linger as we woke up late. But we did make it to early service. It was a very good service and good Sunday School. Half of us didn't eat breakfast. I ended up feeding cheese sticks to youngest DD in the middle of the church service. I'm having my breakfast now at 11:15 PST.

Kitty is better. Somehow her leg got up back in place or something. She walks fine and isn't in pain. So, I guess the old girl will just keep on going.ðŸˆðŸ’•

• Like 7

Good afternoon!

We churched and lunched and now I am getting ready to conquer Mt. Laundry.

In an hour and a half, I need to leave and drop off dds on a play date on the way to Set Committee! Yes! Once again, the theatre company has completely ignored the fact that I have no stage design or artistic talents and have assigned me to Set Committee. 😬 Ok, the truth is that I am very proud of the brick walls I painted 4 productions ago, and which they have used in every production since, but it really was just tracing a block of wood with paint. And someone else had to tell me how to do it.

More coffee!

Susan, you are much more talented than you give yourself credit.
  • Like 3