Menu

Ignore this thread!

If you make the suggestion the suspicion will be there that you or someone in your household is the culprit.

Are they sure it is a human doing it, and not a large dog or other animal?

Really, I don't consider myself such an expert on poop that I could ever be sure it's human.  I've seen similar looking stuff and we have bears, deer, foxes, raccoons, coyotes, tons of dogs, and who knows what else.

• Like 1

Good Monday Morning!

There is a worldwide shortage of coffee - we'll have to drink boiled tree-bark juice today. :(

#happyaprilfoolsday

Love you all!

That's a very funny joke, Susan.  Couldn't it have waited until after my first cup of coffee, though? shocked-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif

toothless-chuckle-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 5

Good Monday Morning!

There is a worldwide shortage of coffee - we'll have to drink boiled tree-bark juice today. :(

#happyaprilfoolsday

Love you all!

And this is why I keep an enormous tin of grounds on my countertop. No boiled tree bark here.
  • Like 4

I don't know where my elderly kitty is. Her cyst came right back, after we got it lanced a couple weeks ago. But it didn't seem to be bothering her. And the yesterday... I'm not sure what happened to her. It looks like her back joint is dislocated or something. She was limping terribly and obviously in pain. We noticed this late afternoon, after the vet closed. She did eat something. There was not sign of trauma on her body, so I don't know what happened, other than that she is just an old kitty and things are falling apart. There are no 7day a week vet services nearby, so.... I just don't know what to do. She hasn't shown up this morning, so maybe she just passed away somewhere. I'm afraid to look. I don't do well with hurt animals. Critter, I wish you lived close by. I'd be calling you over!

• Like 1

I am back from the stores. Kohl's, Aldi, Kroger, and Goodwill.

I tried on Slache's recommendation for bOOkshelves and will order them online much cheaper. :D Aldi was regular grocery shopping, though I spent quite a bit more than usual. I went to Kroger to pick up broccoli florets and cabbage. It's 1/2 price day at Goodwill and I found ds12 a couple pairs of black dress shoes - one for now and another for when he insists on growing again. 2 pairs for $4!! 👠(Poor kid performed his concert last night in shoes at least a size too small. Bad, BAD mom!!)

• Like 6

:grouphug: Krissi & Kitty. I hope she comes home soon.

Jean's DH must be a ninja.

Susan- Half-price day at Goodwill is my favorite. And now that you have the next 2 sizes, you shouldn't have to worry about dress shoes for at least a month or so.

• Like 6

I don't know where my elderly kitty is. Her cyst came right back, after we got it lanced a couple weeks ago. But it didn't seem to be bothering her. And the yesterday... I'm not sure what happened to her. It looks like her back joint is dislocated or something. She was limping terribly and obviously in pain. We noticed this late afternoon, after the vet closed. She did eat something. There was not sign of trauma on her body, so I don't know what happened, other than that she is just an old kitty and things are falling apart. There are no 7day a week vet services nearby, so.... I just don't know what to do. She hasn't shown up this morning, so maybe she just passed away somewhere. I'm afraid to look. I don't do well with hurt animals. Critter, I wish you lived close by. I'd be calling you over!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

:grouphug:  for little old kitty. Hopefully she just wanted to get some stealthy bird-watching in from a shaded spot.

Y'all, how do you refer to SWB with your kids? I've called her "Mrs. Bauer" with DS, but maybe Dr. Bauer is more appropriate (because Ph.D.), or does she use Dr. Wise Bauer? Anybody know what she's called when teaching her university classes?

• Like 2

We found kitty. She's resting under a bush. Not sure what to do.😩😩 I guess we'll just let her be.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I'm glad you know where she is.  Sounds like she needs/wants some outdoor time.

• Like 1

:grouphug:  for little old kitty. Hopefully she just wanted to get some stealthy bird-watching in from a shaded spot.

Y'all, how do you refer to SWB with your kids? I've called her "Mrs. Bauer" with DS, but maybe Dr. Bauer is more appropriate (because Ph.D.), or does she use Dr. Wise Bauer? Anybody know what she's called when teaching her university classes?

We haven't discussed her much, and I've referred to her as "SWB, our gracious host".  I've also said her full authorial name when referring to her books.  You could always call her "Frau Doktor Professor"!

• Like 1

I call her Susan.  The kids ask if I mean SWB or Susan in TN. 

• Like 7

I Zumba'd. 

Wow Jean!  That's great!

The house is mostly company ready.  Need to wipe down kitchen counters and table.  And dry the table cloth.  I really need another casual table cloth that fits my table.  (Because, you know, I have several that don't fit my table.  Why?  I guess we might have a smaller table someday???  Or I'll give them to kids when they move out?  Or I like storing things that have no practical value in my life?)  

Time for afternoon decaf!   :001_tt1:   :cheers2:

• Like 4

I am slowly catching up on dishes and laundry. I can't just do it all at once and use too much water, so I have to do it a little each day. It's going to take me at least a week to catch up.

On the bright side, that means I can ignore it for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll make a mocha and read a book.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am slowly catching up on dishes and laundry. I can't just do it all at once and use too much water, so I have to do it a little each day. It's going to take me at least a week to catch up.

On the bright side, that means I can ignore it for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll make a mocha and read a book.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good plan!

Yesterday when our houseguest left I did 4 large loads and now I am ignoring Mt. Clean Laundry. Instead I am looking up recipes for salmon cakes, which I've never made, and Southern broccoli salad (the one with raisins and bacon), and checking up on you all. :)

• Like 5

Home from work. Had to work on my other old kitty today. He's been diabetic for almost five years now, and he just decided to deregulate on me over the last week or so. Sigh. I hope he isn't developing insulin resistance. Looks like I'm going to be doing glucose curves for a while. 

Glad Rocky is eating.

Check your kitty for a wound, Krissi. There are a lot of cats moving around right now and it's possible she got in a fight.

• Like 5

I am halfway through major barn mucking.  I turned all three spring-crazed ponies out for a while in the mostly-clear-of-snow big pasture.  Boy, did they have fun!

But now that a half gallon of water has been consumed, I must get back to it.  :seeya:

• Like 6

I'm trying to decide if I trust our old microwave (2004 vintage) now.  The wall plug started burning, and slightly melted the plug of the microwave.  I started browsing microwaves on the AFSA website.  Did you know they specify gender?  Microwaves are unisex.  Uhuh uhuh.

• Like 2

I'm trying to decide if I trust our old microwave (2004 vintage) now.  The wall plug started burning, and slightly melted the plug of the microwave.  I started browsing microwaves on the AFSA website.  Did you know they specify gender?  Microwaves are unisex.  Uhuh uhuh.

I would have someone check that outlet immediately to make sure that there is no short in the wiring.  And I would change out the outlet before getting a new microwave.  Something melted that plug and I doubt that the melting came from the plug itself (if that makes sense). 

• Like 6

I'm trying to decide if I trust our old microwave (2004 vintage) now. The wall plug started burning, and slightly melted the plug of the microwave. I started browsing microwaves on the AFSA website. Did you know they specify gender? Microwaves are unisex. Uhuh uhuh.

Uh, you know we were kidding about burning the house down, right? :D

• Like 7

We have dinnered, bathed, deticked, and musicked. The kids are planning to play some of the songs they've been working on at the next Old Lady Party on Friday. The elderly at the party are quite enthusiastic when it comes to kids playing music. They'll even sing along - oftentimes the same song as is being played. :D

• Like 8