Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am making a Paleo meatloaf for dinner.  This just means that you substitute almond flour for breadcrumbs.  I hope that it is palatable.  I haven't liked the other recipes using almond flour but I keep trying them anyway. 

Crushed pork rinds make a pretty yummy low-carb bread crumb substitute. :thumbup1:

• Like 3

I am now home. But, I have to turn around and go back in a bit because of some district thing being held at our school. Thankfully, I only need to stay for the superintendent's presentation and I can go. Everyone else will have another hour or so more.

• Like 2

Texasmama, you are not a thread killer after all!!!

Krissi, I got this cd from IEW during a Christmas giveaway.  It's a 2-hr. seminar on how to use the program and the cost is only $10.  I'm only about halfway through, but I think that it has enough instruction in it to figure out how to use their system.  And it looks really good for kids who don't know how/what/why to write.  

Ok, found it!

Bathroom Prayer

Lord, please bless me on the stoop
As I pee and fart and poop.
And, yes, I know it’s kind of stinky-
Please help the one after me, not vomit their twinkie.

I sit to think and contemplate
That I’d hate to “go’ in my sad state.
I don’t want to be the clown
Known to die with her pants down.

So, as I prepare to wipe my bean,

Please, Lord, wipe this poor soul clean.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 6

Ok, found it!

Bathroom Prayer

Lord, please bless me on the stoop

As I pee and fart and poop.

And, yes, I know it’s kind of stinky-

Please help the one after me, not vomit their twinkie.

I sit to think and contemplate

That I’d hate to “go’ in my sad state.

I don’t want to be the clown

Known to die with her pants down.

So, as I prepare to wipe my bean,

What happened after the comma?  Or do we not want to know?

Tonight is balsamic glazed filet mignon with garlic roasted sweet potatoes and green beans. Is filet mignon expensive? He got something else instead. I imagine it will be good but I really don't know steak. Typically if a recipe calls for steak I just pretend the kind I have is the correct cut.

• Like 2

Tonight is balsamic glazed filet mignon with garlic roasted sweet potatoes and green beans. Is filet mignon expensive? He got something else instead. I imagine it will be good but I really don't know steak. Typically if a recipe calls for steak I just pretend the kind I have is the correct cut.

Yes, filet mignon is the best.  It should be a very thick cut steak with very little fat on it.  I hate fat, so if I can't have filet mignon, I'd rather eat peanut butter.  :hat:

• Like 1

Yes, filet mignon is the best. It should be a very thick cut steak with very little fat on it. I hate fat, so if I can't have filet mignon, I'd rather eat peanut butter. :hat:

I like fat. And I like cheap. I think this is a round steak. I don't know what that is. I suppose I should get a library book on the subject.
  • Like 2

Grrrr. I am seriously irritated. So, I go pick up 2 kids from piano. And I have the rest in the car with me. The kids' teacher is a very nice lady, friend of my parents, I've known her all my life. And she's 85 years old. She looks in my car and asks me,"are they all from different families?" I smile (through clenched teeth) and say,"no" which is true (mostly). And then she continues to make a few more remarks along the lines that one never says to adoptive parents, "God is going to bless you for this... I'm sure you have your challenges... Blah, blah, blah". And my 12 year old is sitting there listening to all this and I'm thinking," how do I change the subject?" Which I managed to do, eventually. Why, why, why do people say this carp? I know she means well, and she's just curious, but good grief... my kids are listening. Grrrrrrrrr!

Grrrr. I am seriously irritated. So, I go pick up 2 kids from piano. And I have the rest in the car with me. The kids' teacher is a very nice lady, friend of my parents, I've known her all my life. And she's 85 years old. She looks in my car and asks me,"are they all from different families?" I smile (through clenched teeth) and say,"no" which is true (mostly). And then she continues to make a few more remarks along the lines that one never says to adoptive parents, "God is going to bless you for this... I'm sure you have your challenges... Blah, blah, blah". And my 12 year old is sitting there listening to all this and I'm thinking," how do I change the subject?" Which I managed to do, eventually. Why, why, why do people say this carp? I know she means well, and she's just curious, but good grief... my kids are listening. Grrrrrrrrr!

"They are all from my family."  and "This is not something I'd like to discuss right now.  I'm sure you understand." 

• Like 2

My goodness, where are my MANNERS?  Would you like to meet MY children? 

• Like 4

I'm sorry. I've already been subject to an array of large family comments so I can sort of relate. I wish I was quick with comebacks in those situations. I pretty much just stand there and smile and nod.

The Paleo chicken meatloaf was very tasty.  http://paleomg.com/chicken-basil-meatloaf/

Kewl.

• Like 1

Okay, peeps.  Help me out here.  You all are on the boards more than I am (I mostly stay here, except for a random thread now in then if they don't look too scary).  I know there are threads out there concerning this, so link me!  Or just advise me.  What test would you give to a 9yo who you suspect might have mild dyslexia or some other issue which makes writing S.L.O.W. and who is still doing reversals on a regular basis?  He is a very smart kid, and orally can answer questions, repeat back to you, etc.  He reads well, and comprehends.  It's the putting things on paper that is killing us here.  Stresses him out.  Stresses me out to watch him write.  He spelled these words orally just fine, and turned around two seconds later, and very neatly printed:

hlep

overbue

sometimes he does os and fo

Things like that.  Some days he spells everything fine.  Next day, nope.  To me it's random, but it could be that some days he's just better able to compensate for whatever is going on?  I have suspected for a while, but DH wasn't concerned, but I brought it up via text tonight and I think he may understand what I am seeing now.  But I still don't think he will want to spend money on testing, until I have something more to go on that just my gut.  So HELP!!!

Okay, peeps.  Help me out here.  You all are on the boards more than I am (I mostly stay here, except for a random thread now in then if they don't look too scary).  I know there are threads out there concerning this, so link me!  Or just advise me.  What test would you give to a 9yo who you suspect might have mild dyslexia or some other issue which makes writing S.L.O.W. and who is still doing reversals on a regular basis?  He is a very smart kid, and orally can answer questions, repeat back to you, etc.  He reads well, and comprehends.  It's the putting things on paper that is killing us here.  Stresses him out.  Stresses me out to watch him write.  He spelled these words orally just fine, and turned around two seconds later, and very neatly printed:

hlep

overbue

Things like that.  Some days he spells everything fine.  Next day, nope.  To me it's random, but it could be that some days he's just better able to compensate for whatever is going on?  I have suspected for a while, but DH wasn't concerned, but I brought it up via text tonight and I think he may understand what I am seeing now.  But I still don't think he will want to spend money on testing, until I have something more to go on that just my gut.  So HELP!!!

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=test+dyslexic+slow+reversals+site:forums.welltrainedmind.com

Edit the words in the beginning as you see fit.

Rocky (dog) and Rusty (bunny) had a carefully planned meet, with Rocky being firmly held by his collar.  Rocky licked Rusty upside the face with his huge tongue, which had Rusty looking less than pleased.  But then, Rusty, who was not held at all, went up with no fear to Rocky and bumped noses with his - a bunny greeting.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6

hlep

overbue

In most districts, you can appeal to the public school for testing free (via written request), and they must do it.  That is how most of the testing was done on one of my kids.  I also paid for private testing.  Dyslexia testing should be pretty straightforward and can be done by a masters level educational diagnostician.  You do not need a psychologist.  IMO, you need cognitive and educational testing in addition to the specialized dyslexia testing.  I do not have a kid with dyslexia so that is as far as my knowledge goes, but I would seek out testing with the local school district first and at least explore that possibility and then look for educational diagnosticians who have private practices or who do testing on the side.  That would be the least expensive way to get the testing done.  I do think it is worthwhile to have it done given what you have listed.  These are not errors any of my kids made at that age.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3

Slache, I don't know much about meat cuts.  I just buy whatever looks good that isn't too pricey.

I think I'm going to take Susan's advice and find a recipe to match the cut.

Filet Mignon is rich people food. 

My mom used to buy it when I was growing up so I assumed it was poor people food. I think maybe she was just lying.

IT'S A COW BUTT BOOYA!!

MOOOOOOO!!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5