Menu

Ignore this thread!

10 hours ago, Slache said:

What's it called when you give book characters accents?

Acting? 🤷🏾‍♀️

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning, It's Monday.  Yippee. 

I have three applicants for my position.  One I had to send a message asking about their "work with young children" experience since there was none on the resume, the other two I asked to schedule interviews.  I put right in the interview scheduling email - classes are in person and masks are required.   The other applicant I had scheduled an interview, asked a bunch of questions before asking about in-person and masks, and wasn't willing to do either.   

I teach the babies today.  Sorry, but that is my least favorite.  I am not a little kid person.   Give me the teenagers any day.  On the bright side, it's easier to hire a little kid teacher than a high school teacher.

Yes, the following directions part...I hear teachers can be the worst culprits of not following directions...

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

That's some funky dancing!

Yeah, that was...something...alright...😅

5wtvx8.jpeg

Edited by Renai
B.O.O.Y.A. 3 in a row!!!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!  

Christmas movie is a good call!

It is so cold out this morning.  I had to scrape frost off the windshield with my REI membership card.  

Dd15 read some assignment due dates wrong and missed a biology test. So she has been studying the wrong chapter and has to switch gears and finish the next chapter by Friday. She was so excited a month ago that she had a B+ in the class. Sigh.

We dragged our old loveseat off to the curb this morning because our new loveseat is supposed to be delivered on Friday.  

Tonight the memorial gardens is having a candlelight service and each family will be given a personalized ornament.  I am hoping Mack the therapy dog will be there - he is so sweet.  After that is a GriefShare session on surviving the holidays.

Coffee!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morning. I woke up feeling stressed, decided that needed to stop, and so I sat still for 15 minutes and did a morning meditation. Might just start doing that regularly along with an evening progressive muscle relaxation. 

Other that that, more cleaning today, more revisions, and I'm planning to break out the paint here in a bit!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I forgot to get on again this morning.   I feel like I don't have as much time in the mornings these days but I don't think it's actually changed.  I am going into work earlier these days so I'm there when classes start so maybe that's it.  

I slept great last night, woke up with no achiness.  It was wonderful.  

One of my three applicants answered the request to come in for an interview.  I'm not feeling great about it.  Her grammar in the response email was very awkward, unprofessional and odd.   Then she called saying she sent an email (15 minutes before!) and didn't hear back, wanted to ask about how far we were from her but she mentioned one town close by and I told her about 15 minutes she said that didn't sound right, then seemed to say a different town but when I asked her to clarify which town she meant (think Warton versus Warren), she mentioned a completely different town that is nowhere near Warton or Warren but is 45 minutes away.   Then was asking about how many hours it would be and rambling about more hours/less hours, working for 33 years, wanting to cut down, but something?

Weirdest thing, when she called she didn't say who she was or anything.  She rambled a bit asking the questions about our location and was talking about hours before I thought to ask if "is this B... P....?) and she said yes like she couldn't believe I was even asking.  

It was unprofessional but also super weird.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

The memorial gardens candlelight service was very nice - ds26 drove everyone else home after cookies and cider so I could rush off to the GriefShare "Surviving the Holidays" edition, which was pretty bad.  I was late and missed the video, which was probably the helpful part.  All I got there for was 45 minutes of a very nice couple talking about all the tragedy in their lives.  I feel bad for them because it was sad, but was also pretty self-indulgent.  I think I was sitting with some of the lady's groupies, which was also annoying because they kept sighing and saying things like "oh isn't she just amazing".  Oh well.  Only one person from my griefshare group was there.  I get to have a cookie party with the rest of "my" griefshare buddies on Thursday, and that will be nice.

• Like 10

In other news, the ornament that the memorial home made for dh put that he was born in 1930, lol.  We thought it was pretty funny.  That poor lady must have made hundreds of ornaments, so I'm sure her brain started seeing things before too long.  I'll see if I can get one with the correct dates, but we'll definitely keep the original.  😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

My dad's obituary had his correct birth year, but someone did the calculations incorrectly and wrote that he was one year older than he actually was.  I know that my mom was (understandably) a bit put-out about it.  But she smiled when I told her that dad would have liked it.  If you ever asked him his age, he would never tell you his actual age but would instead say, "I'm going to be 55" or "I'm going to be 67".  So when his age was recorded incorrectly in his obituary, I told my mom that it was like dad saying "I'm going to be ....". It made her smile. :)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

In other news, the ornament that the memorial home made for dh put that he was born in 1930, lol.  We thought it was pretty funny.  That poor lady must have made hundreds of ornaments, so I'm sure her brain started seeing things before too long.  I'll see if I can get one with the correct dates, but we'll definitely keep the original.  😂

You married an old one! 

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

I’m being a lazy lie-abed this morning. Me thinks I have another UTI. This will be the third one in 2 months, not sure what is causing them. My doctor has made some adjustments with the hormones I’m taking to try to prevent them, but I just don’t know. And I get them bad and ugly. I have to take antibiotics and the sooner the better.

• Sad 4

Good morning!

I need to be drinking more water and taking more magnesium - so many late night leg cramps!  This morning I went to Kroger after dropping off dd19 at school because I didn't want to wait around until 9 for Aldi to open.  I'm taking my sister to the airport around noon and then I need to make cookie dough and dinner (broccoli-ham strata) before Lessons & Carols rehearsal at church.

I discovered last night that my passport expires in a couple months.  I should probably renew it.

Coffee!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

I’m being a lazy lie-abed this morning. Me thinks I have another UTI. This will be the third one in 2 months, not sure what is causing them. My doctor has made some adjustments with the hormones I’m taking to try to prevent them, but I just don’t know. And I get them bad and ugly. I have to take antibiotics and the sooner the better.

Krissi- do you drink enough on a daily basis?  Do you take things like D-mannose ?  (Don’t know if that can be taken daily?). 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Krissi- do you drink enough on a daily basis?  Do you take things like D-mannose ?  (Don’t know if that can be taken daily?). 

I have been working hard on drinking enough. I drink a full 16 Oz. Glass for each meal and then I try to remember to fill a quart jar of water and sip on that every day. I do have D-mannose. I need to remember to take that. I used to, but it never seemed to make much difference.

• Like 4

I groceried, alone, in the rain (and dark). DS did great in his drama skit.

Kitty is doing poorly & I'm stuck between wanting to take her in to be euthanized and wanting to let her be at home. She hates the carrier and the vet. And she's afraid of visitors, so it wouldn't be much better to have someone come here. 😕

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Carolina Wren said:

I groceried, alone, in the rain (and dark). DS did great in his drama skit.

Kitty is doing poorly & I'm stuck between wanting to take her in to be euthanized and wanting to let her be at home. She hates the carrier and the vet. And she's afraid of visitors, so it wouldn't be much better to have someone come here. 😕

Way to go, Drama Boy!

(((Whitehawk & Co.)))

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Christmas Day?

So it turns out that fresh cranberries are very rolly-poley. 

Traditionally, yes. Or Christmas Eve. Or New Year's if you really want to. I asked someone at church what day Texans have tamales and he said " Texans have tamales on whatever day Texans want to have tamales." But I think it's the 25th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1