Menu

Ignore this thread!

Also, there's something called a dead layer in oil painting (also in colored pencil work!) and it looks absolutely awful when the painting is in that state, so it's another good reminder that everything has rough drafts and ugly duck stages, and in the case of oils and colored pencil (and I think everything else) that ugly stage is absolutely essential to the finished product.

ETA: Oh, look, it's a essential ugly stage Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Also, morning. It's Monday. Go carpe that diem.

😁
I am trying to seize the day.  I made a difficult phone call and scanned and emailed the required documents.  I have a payment to make next <Deep Breath> and then I can piddle around with gardening stuff for a little while.  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!

A friend is coming over later this morning to help me figure out what to do with these perennials I bought.  I have Stella d'oro day lilies, shasta daisies, and lenten roses.  I *think* I have some good places picked out for them - now that the Bradford pear tree is gone, the front yard gets a lot more sun.  I have some more weeding to do before my friend gets here.  

Other than that, it's just regular lessons and dd18 to classes and work.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  It's Tuesday.  

We are supposed to have a rainy day but not until later.  I'm supposed to help with a field trip for a nature class at 11:30, if it's not raining yet.  So for the moment, I'm not sure what I'm doing.

We can't go on our walk today because we're still at one car.  Dh is coming home in time to drop me and dd off at the science center before he heads over to his PT appointment, then he'll have to come pick us up.   

On a normal day, having one car is pretty easy.  With PT and vet appointments and booster shots etc, we don't seem to be having many normal days these days.  And dh is supposed to head down to his moms house Thursday afternoon to take her to an appointment Friday.  I'm not sure what we're supposed to do if his car isn't ready yet. 

• Like 5

So we made arrangements to fly across the country for my mom's funeral.  Both dh and I were POSITIVE that we were flying out on Sunday.  But yesterday when dh looked, he discovered that we're flying out on Monday.  I'm so glad that he checked because we definitely would have shown up at the airport a day early and would have been very confused. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tonight's GriefShare session was pretty difficult.  I cried all the way home.  But it's all good.  

My friend came over this morning and we planted the things I ordered and she brought a bunch of plants from her house - in all we planted shasta daisies, lenten roses, stella de oro day lilies, tiger lilies, irises, mums, lavender, raspberries, and some yellow flowering plant that she didn't know what it was but said it was pretty. 😊

While I was out, dd15 found some food left for us on the front porch with a note, "with love from the 'H------' family."  The only people I know with that name are the couple we bought this house from 12-1/2 years ago.  Could be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Morning.  It's Wednesday, I think.   

Still just one car so dh was originally going to take my car then come home to bring me to the science center in time for my classes.  But I left him a note to wake me up so I could take him to work and have the car because I need to go in and do a little bit of cleaning.  Dd had to go in to work early in another county so couldn't come clean and my usual cleaning person doesn't do Tuesday and I left a ton of dishes last night when dh came to pick me up too soon because I was chatting with a friend instead of cleaning after class.  

I woke up on my own at 7am and dh was still here and evidently was planning to work from home anyway.   He has errands so we're going out around 9 (classes start at 10), he'll drop me off to clean and pick me up on his way back from errands and then I can have the car all day.   I can check the classrooms then do dishes even if classes have already started (kitchen is away from classrooms and sort of non-public).     Dh did make me breakfast so it was all ready when I did wake up so that was good.    But the possibility of being there during public hours means I actually have to put on real clothes. 

• Like 6

Today is Matt's last day of practicum then he has to wait for the approval to be able to test. We have a business name and logo in mind.

Our transformer got hit by lightning last night and we lost power a few times but only for a few seconds. It was weird because it got hit maybe 6 times in 2 minutes. I've never seen anything like that.

• Like 5

Morning. It still feels like Monday. Yesterday all the kittens had their elective surgeries, and they are very disgruntled this morning. They do not understand why they aren't allowed to run, play, and stomp on each other's heads as usual. Ten days of yowling are in my future, but cages and cones it is. I'm pretty strict about cages and cones and only supervised walks during recovery.

Other than that, I feel very tired, somewhat dizzy, and I kind of want to go back to bed but I won't. See, the laundry didn't get done yesterday because no one was here, and so that's kind of got to happen, plus supervised walks, lots of petting and cuddling, and generally keeping the angst down to a dull roar. 

• Like 6

So, dh did a thing.    He ordered her from a breeder and picked her up today.   Honestly at this point, this was probably the best way to go about it because I was having trouble making the decision.   She's very pretty.   The one picture is mine through two tank walls (her little bitty tank sits inside the huge tank we had from our other snake that still sits in our living room), the other is the breeders picture of her.  It's actually her, not just an example of that breed.  

20210929_110610.jpg

U186-05F.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

So, dh did a thing.    He ordered her from a breeder and picked her up today.   Honestly at this point, this was probably the best way to go about it because I was having trouble making the decision.   She's very pretty.   The one picture is mine through two tank walls (her little bitty tank sits inside the huge tank we had from our other snake that still sits in our living room), the other is the breeders picture of her.  It's actually her, not just an example of that breed.  

20210929_110610.jpg

U186-05F.jpg

So what is she?  And don’t tell me “snake “. I know the “snake” part.  🐍 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning! (Still morning here, at least)

Happy National Coffee Day!

When I was a kid we "snake-sat" for a neighbor and the snake got out of it's aquarium and we never found it.

It's been a busy morning.  I called the mortgage company and I think I have a good handle on things there.  Brought dd18 to college and went to the post office and Aldi.  I forgot my grocery boxes.  One kindly old gentleman at Aldi was very excited to tell me all about the new Trader Joes that has opened in the area and all about the history of Aldi and Trader Joes and then he talked about insurance.  Then I ran into a neighbor who I haven't seen since the memorial service. ( I should have asked if she knows an "H-------" family in the neighborhood.)  But I'm finally home.  

I'm tired.  I will probably need a nap before too long.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I did indeed take a nap.  For about an hour and then went to pick up dd from college.  The little side table I ordered from etsy arrived today so we put that together and I really like it.  The Green Chair is supposed to arrive tomorrow!  Finally!  I warned the kids that they have 15 minutes to loaf around and then Imma need them to help do things.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1