Menu

Ignore this thread!

Listening to Jean's tales makes me want a bunny again.   I used to have a half dutch/half lop that was a sweetheart.  Also had a few others that we were sort of fostering in their old age (zoo education animal bunnies).    I think a cute little dwarf would be perfect. 

Except my dog is a hunting breed so that probably wouldn't go well.   

Maybe some day.

ETA:  Just came back and realized it's a bunny booya

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4

Dd didn't do the dishes last night like she was supposed to so she gets the honor of getting woken up this morning when I need to leave.   I'm trying to be a liiiittttllllleeee nice about it and not go out until 9:30/10am, which is 25-55 minutes from now.  

I think I'm going to text and bother dh.  He's definitely up by now.  

I feel like I've barely posted here all week (it's been a busy busy week) so I'm making up for lost time.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

I’m sitting out on the back patio right now. It’s a beautiful cool morning and the Air Quality Index is 60, which is moderate. Last week’s lightning storm sparked some foothill fires south of us, so the sky has been gray and the sun has been red. We need rain so badly.

This is going to be a stay-at-home weekend. I’m going to try to get some housework done, decorate for autumn and read.

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I'm doing a lot of nothing today.  Unless watching youtube counts.  If so, I'm being extremely productive. :)

I'm still fighting these blisters on my foot.  Every time one is almost healed, another one forms. 😞 So, I'm trying to stay off of my foot as much as possible.  Which means more youtube...

I mean, I guess there's some productive stuff that I could actually be doing on the computer.  Maybe I should be doing that.  Or maybe it can wait for Monday.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I did a Jesus and the Money - Changers demonstration and my night table went flying.  It was rather spectacular.  It was also not on purpose.  I can be very clumsy at times. 

I'm pretty sure for an accurate demonstration, the table was SUPPOSED to fly...

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I had some leg cramps last night and couldn't find a drop of pickle juice! 😭  

Squeeeee! This afternoon we leave for The-City-That-Must-Not-Be-Named to visit dd23.  Dd18 has to work until 1, but we can leave right after that.  Some neighbor friends are taking care of Sir Pups-a-lot (dd23's roommate is severely allergic to everything so he can't come with us).  

Lots to do this morning!

Coffee!

I still read that as Sir-Poops-a-lot...

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Listening to Jean's tales makes me want a bunny again.   I used to have a half dutch/half lop that was a sweetheart.  Also had a few others that we were sort of fostering in their old age (zoo education animal bunnies).    I think a cute little dwarf would be perfect. 

Maybe some day.

Reading these tales takes me back to January 25 of this year when dh brought Dancer's bunny to our house and I said absolutely not. It is still here, and I still don't want it.

You got a Bunny Booya!

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm in a 'thinking about pets' mood for some reason.

Ever since the rabbit, I've been in a "we're not replacing them as they die" mood. I'm tired of animals.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Looks like Toto got the Booya/h! I fell asleep before I could try again!!🤣🤣🤣

Yep, I fell asleep too!

• Like 4

Came on to update my to-do list.  Didn't we used to have more Font options?  I could swear I kept accidently hitting strikethrough on posts in the past, and I definitely know people have used various colors.  But I don't seem to have any of those options right now.  Just B/I/U.  and bullets.  

Today's plan:

Fix my planner (new rings) - DONE

Change the syllabus for my Bio class so I can give it to parents next week

Figure out how to print paychecks so I don't have to handwrite them (I have printable checks) - DONE but not super easy since I have to blank out some things from my payroll software

Plan classes for next week

Print out some general stuff like room assignments, wifi password, etc

Plan school for the kids

Map out a new walk for Monday and Tuesday since our usual path is closed for maintenance - DONE

Maybe do some laundry (probably not a maybe) - partially done, I started a load

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Maybe some day.

ETA:  Just came back and realized it's a bunny booya

You have rabbit experience so this wouldn't apply, but I actually try to discourage a lot of people from getting rabbits.  They are more work that most people realize.  They are not cats..  And they are not "put them in a cage and forget them" animals.  Or at least, shouldn't be. 

We purposefully got Juliet as a small puppy so that we could train her to be safe around the bunnies.  She would still love to chase wild bunnies but Rusty and Aria are "her" bunnies and hop around in between her legs.  Of course, she's a herding breed though and they are her "flock".  So is the cat, much to his disgust. 

• Like 5

Did some housework. Now I am trying to do a wall arrangement of wedding photos. I am terrible at this. I finally got a print made of DH’s parents’ wedding photo and I got a frame for it, so it needs to go on the wall. I hate doing this kind of stuff because I have no innate sense of proportion and all that stuff. I just stick things on the wall and they look like carp. I am trying to do it right this time. I’m arranging them on the floor and then I made paper patterns to tape to the wall, but I just can’t seem to get the weight and balance right for all these frames. Some are heavier looking, some are 8x10s, while others are 5x7’s. Some are portrait and some are landscape. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Did some housework. Now I am trying to do a wall arrangement of wedding photos. I am terrible at this. I finally got a print made of DH’s parents’ wedding photo and I got a frame for it, so it needs to go on the wall. I hate doing this kind of stuff because I have no innate sense of proportion and all that stuff. I just stick things on the wall and they look like carp. I am trying to do it right this time. I’m arranging them on the floor and then I made paper patterns to tape to the wall, but I just can’t seem to get the weight and balance right for all these frames. Some are heavier looking, some are 8x10s, while others are 5x7’s. Some are portrait and some are landscape. 

Any of your girls gifted at this?

• Like 2

Another update.  I feel like I'm actually accomplishing stuff today.  (Amazing how much you get done when you have no choice and are running out of time). 

Today's plan:

Fix my planner (new rings) - DONE

Change the syllabus for my Bio class so I can give it to parents next week - DONE

Figure out how to print paychecks so I don't have to handwrite them (I have printable checks) - DONE but not super easy since I have to blank out some things from my payroll software

Plan classes for next week - WILL PROBABLY WAIT FOR TOMORROW

cPrint out some general stuff like room assignments, wifi password, etc -  DONE

Plan school for the kids - TOMORROW

Map out a new walk for Monday and Tuesday since our usual path is closed for maintenance - DONE

Maybe do some laundry (probably not a maybe) - partially done, I started a load, ONLY ONE OR TWO LOADS LEFT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You have rabbit experience so this wouldn't apply, but I actually try to discourage a lot of people from getting rabbits.  They are more work that most people realize.  They are not cats..  And they are not "put them in a cage and forget them" animals.  Or at least, shouldn't be. 

We purposefully got Juliet as a small puppy so that we could train her to be safe around the bunnies.  She would still love to chase wild bunnies but Rusty and Aria are "her" bunnies and hop around in between her legs.  Of course, she's a herding breed though and they are her "flock".  So is the cat, much to his disgust. 

I never wanted a rabbit. It's like having a big hamster, and I've had one of those before for 4 years or so. I knew how much work it would be. Gymnast has been doing okay with taking care of it though, although we do have to remind her to clean the cage. We let her out for a time everyday, but since this isn't our furniture and she's destructive, we close all the doors and have to keep an eye on her. Cats are definitely easier! Wish we had kept ours and got rid of the rabbit.

The rabbit looks like a giant guinea pig; in fact, guinea pig in Spanish is "conejillo de guinea" which basically means "little rabbit of Guinea." Her name is Carrots Furryfoot, or Zanahorias Patapeludas. She has several nicknames to include: Cuddles, Fluffy, Snuggles, and one other I can't remember.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Any of your girls gifted at this?

Middle DD might be. She’s my artsy one. I didn’t even think of asking her. DH and I collaborated and came up with an acceptable arrangement. He’s an engineer, so he has spatial things going on.when it comes to decorating stuff, I know what I like, but have no ability whatsoever to go about recreating it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Rabbits poop soooooooo much. . .  

Yes, but it's nice little firm balls.   Guinea pigs and hamsters (and hedgehogs) it's mushy and then they roll around in it.  Ugh.

Rabbit pee, on the other hand, can gas you out of the room and remove the paint from walls. 

Our foster rabbits were basically staying with us once they were too old for programs, to be in a quieter home environment until they passed from old age.  They weren't trained in the ways a house rabbit can be.  

• Like 2

Good Morning.  Happy Sunday.

Finished washing and drying the laundry but it needs to be sorted and put away/passed out to those who will put it away (eventually,  maybe).  

I need to set up school (including making some final decisions) and finalize class plans.  School definitely has to be all arranged today.  Classes I can finish up during the week but would rather have all done today.   But mom is coming over at 3pm because she "needs to talk" to us.   I'm sure that will be just great.  

• Like 4

I grew up with rodents because my mother hated reptiles. Reptiles are so much easier. So much. Matt's rule is cat, dog or reptile, no rodents or birds. John wanted a rabbit, and that was a bad idea. I've had hamsters, rats, and a rabbit and a guinea pig together. Never again. My poor children.

(Hi Junie :biggrin:).

• Like 4

Good morning / afternoon!

We are in The-City-That-Must-Not-Be-Named visiting dd23. Siri took us on an interesting route over the river and through the woods to avoid a major pile-up on the highway and we went through this leeeetle tiny town called Theta high up along a ridge. I wondered what on earth would compel people to settle there and dd12 said “sledding”. Lol. 

We had a picnic in dd’s apartment with her roommate since it was raining out and we learned the Footloose dance and did the Virginia Reel to Uptown Funk and played “Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza” (fun card game).

This morning we went to a church dd23 wanted to visit (BIG church with much visual overstimulation) and then to a bbq place for lunch. 

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dh is watching Dallas/Chargers, and Tampa/Atlanta at the same time.  He's multi-tasking.

I finalized all my Monday and Tuesday classes, one of my (2) Wednesday classes, my Monday tutoring. 

I put away all the laundry (or gave it to the children who are supposed to put it away.

Ate dinner, a nice tortellini in a butter garlic sauce with spinach, tomatoes and olives.

Now I"m supposed to be setting up school for the week.  But I decided I'm going to continue with the kanban type boards for the kids, but dd's fell off her bedroom door and hasn't been put back up so I don't know where to put her stuff.   And the big board I usually stage things is covered with dh's crap.  

Mom's big speech was exactly what we thought it would be.  In fact, she used some of the exact same words I used in a text I sent dh saying "I know what she's going to say '......."

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I finalized all my Monday and Tuesday classes, one of my (2) Wednesday classes, my Monday tutoring. 

Now I"m supposed to be setting up school for the week.  But I decided I'm going to continue with the kanban type boards for the kids, but dd's fell off her bedroom door and hasn't been put back up so I don't know where to put her stuff.   And the big board I usually stage things is covered with dh's crap.  

I, on the other hand, have NOT finalized classes for this week, online ongoing or homeschooling. I have the theme for each week of what I want to do in the ongoing classes, but need to nail down exactly what I'm doing. I've revamped the elementary Spanish circle time completely after one week, and I'm still figuring it out.

I also need a way organize Gymnast so she knows what to do on a daily basis.

• Like 3

I ended up giving up on the kanban boards.   I printed out a 2 page planner for the week for each kid.   I changed because I needed a way to put their schedules for the week and certain things that happened specific days, but then have the list of assignments that could be done any time. 

So the top of the first page is their schedule - outside of the house classes (not many for either of them but a couple each).  Then chores including assigned days for dishes and laundry, cleaning their rooms that can be done any day (cleaning rooms is broken down into specific things like changing sheets, picking up trash, removing dishes, etc).  Then PE - our almost daily walks at 9am or indoor workouts if the weather doesn't cooperate.   Then assignments by subject.   I still have a few things to add like foreign language and history for ds.  Dd is doing a science history class with me so I'm letting her count that as her history but she has to do out of class reading and adding things to our timeline at home.  

• Like 5

Just now, Susan in TN said:

No kidding!  Now that the elderly bunny can't move around and poop in the litter bin (which was always a bit hit-or-miss anyways), we have to change his little bedding nest every day (or every 12 hours).  

Rusty poops ok in the litter box but he pees and then drags his bottom through the pee so wet stinky bottom - which Grandbunny (that's me!) has to clean for him every night.  Sigh.  The things I do for these animals. . . .

• Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Where's Slachey?

We have to go pick up the pup from the neighbor this morning.  Otherwise, regular transport to college classes, normal morning lessons and then Monday afternoon music lessons, choirs, and Scouts tonight.  I found out yesterday about a parent meeting for one choir, which means I will be very late picking up kids from the other choir.  I think I will just slip out of the meeting early.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning.  It's the first morning of our new schedule.   So far I've had breakfast and tea, and the kids are both awake and doing their morning routines (ds's involves sitting on the couch watching weird gaming youtube videos while clearing his sinuses, dd is in her routine probably talking to friends).   In about 30 minutes we will leave to go on our walk.  Then head home, go over some school with the kids, shower and head out to the science center for a tutoring session.   Dh will bring the kids later for their classes. 

Other days will be slightly easier since I won't have tutoring early.

• Like 4

Monday. It's too morning.

I've got a wild week in terms of writing and revisions, so I should be happy. I need to clean the house which makes me less happy. I had to clean a kitty rear end this morning which made him less than happy, but significantly less stinky. 

It's hot. There's no rain. When's fall?

• Like 5