Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

In hopes that we would read about plants, my child suggested that we wash the bananas, if you're wondering how Spanish is going at our house.

I can create another Science Time Spanish class for ya if that'll help. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Carolina Wren I should specify: a Science Time Spanish class about Plants. Duh. I've considered it for a while but never moved on it. 

Speaking of classes, I'm trying to switch things up. I'm getting burnt out and bored. I love teaching, but need new things to teach to keep myself interested and my brain constantly learning. I also need passive income, so I'm not only making money when I'm talking to people.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

SIGGY BOOYA!

Siggy updated. For Servie:

Together: Bible, SOTW, Astronomy
John, 5th: Saxon, IEW, Drawing, Piano, Violin, Greek, Latin, Spanish, Japanese
Mary, 3rd: Saxon, Dictation, Drawing, Piano, Greek, Spanish
Alex, Kindy; Phonics Pathways, Singapore, Home Art Studio, Spanish
Isaac 1 year: Causing a ruckus

I thought you were using OPG. What made you decide Phonics Pathway? Yes, I'm researching way early for the youngers cause that one little sample of WTM flipped my world upside down. Lol

55 minutes ago, Slache said:

I can't get rid of this box. Sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

I thought you were using OPG. What made you decide Phonics Pathway? Yes, I'm researching way early for the youngers cause that one little sample of WTM flipped my world upside down. Lol

I can't get rid of this box. Sorry.

Easier to use.

It's a nice box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back from camp early today.  My extended day student wasn't in today.   I didn't get an email telling me why, which is a little unusual for this family so hopefully everything is okay.  Although, now that I type it, I'm trying to remember if this is the family that told me they had a family member who was sick or injured, so if they missed a day, I'd know why.   I probably should have made a note.

We changed the plan a little for the rest of the week.  The younger students in the afternoon are VERY young and there are a lot of them so we're adding more crafts and games for them and doing the more involved activities with just the older kids.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Banana wo aratte imasu. 

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I can pronounce it but had to google the middle word.

36 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Are you going to put Servie out of her misery? 

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Jean was speaking Japanese.

I wasn't sweating it. It's a foreign language and I do not know any foreign language. Honestly, I thought it was Spanish because of the comment earlier from Carolina Wren about plants and washing bananas and how Spanish class was going. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I wasn't sweating it. It's a foreign language and I do not know any foreign language. Honestly, I thought it was Spanish because of the comment earlier from Carolina Wren about plants and washing bananas and how Spanish class was going. 😂

You should be able to read the first word.  🙂   It's what Carolina Wren said - but in Japanese. 

• Thanks 1

I've been planning science labs.

I went through the labs we did last school year and checked the appropriate boxes in my high schoolers' grade books.

We did 50 labs last year!!  That's a record for us.  In fact, I'm not sure if dd21 and dd19 even did 50 labs.  They seem to be surviving college ok without them, though, so I'm not worried about it.

I have long told dh that dd11 would end up with the best education because she benefits from years of learning from our mistakes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I'm actually thinking about starting Japanese on duolingo.

I'm not really sure that I'm up for it, though.

I loved learning Japanese; it's a lot of fun. I really dislike duolingo though, so there's that. Si se puede!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renai said:

I loved learning Japanese; it's a lot of fun. I really dislike duolingo though, so there's that. Si se puede!

I don't like Duolingo Japanese. Too much too fast. I like Spanish for grammar reinforcement but Renai doesn't like that.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Renai said:

35 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't like Duolingo Japanese. Too much too fast. I like Spanish for grammar reinforcement but Renai doesn't like that.

Duolingo Japanese is too fast.  I like it for myself because it quickly catapulted me to where I am reviewing the language I learned as a child - plus adding some technical language that I never learned as a child because I didn't pay attention to things like politics. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Junie said:

Well, actually, yes.

My oldest hates bananas.  The taste, the smell, the texture, everything about them and always has.  Even as a baby, she wouldn't eat them.  It's the only food she has such a strong reaction to.

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You and me both, sistah!!

Me three.   A super hot summer combined with hot flashes is not a good thing.

• Like 5

Morning.  Happy Humph Day.   

I need to get up off my butt and finish getting ready in a minute.  We're dropping dh's car off again because the AC stopped working again.  Has a leak evidently but they put dye in it last time so they could see where.   It's a 19 year old Suburban and one of these days he's going to have to accept that it won't get to 300,000 miles.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Banana hater. 

11 hours ago, Junie said:

Well, actually, yes.

I don’t hate bananas, but I don’t love them, either. They are a good “filler fruit” if you are making a fruit salad or a smoothie.

Well, whadda ya know….. it’s a “Banana Booya/h”!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2