Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 hours ago, Junie said:

Spaghetti is the answer.

I am 3 hours away.  I will be teaching (and the other staff busy) pretty much up until meal times.  We will be outside of delivery ranges (I checked) so someone would have to drive 30 minutes into town to pick food up if we do that option. 

Looking at Costco chips, cookies, sides. . .   

I am so much better at teaching than planning this sort of thing. . .

booyah wouldn’t wanna be yah. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am 3 hours away.  I will be teaching (and the other staff busy) pretty much up until meal times.  We will be outside of delivery ranges (I checked) so someone would have to drive 30 minutes into town to pick food up if we do that option. 

Looking at Costco chips, cookies, sides. . .   

I am so much better at teaching than planning this sort of thing. . .

You got the booya.

I'd go with cold meals as much as possible, at least for breakfast and lunches, and maybe see how many people can bring crockpots to prepare dinner.  

Pastries, cereal and milk, yogurt, fruit, bagels for breakfast, sandwiches (maybe build your own so just provide bread, meats, cheeses, and condiments).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning.   I think it's Tuesday.

Slept in a little bit again.   I did quite a bit of organizing in my storage room yesterday.  I can now walk around easier.  I still need to do some unpacking and sorting but it's not the disaster it was and I have a bit of a plan at least.    I'll head over there after lunch to do some more work.  

Before lunch is laundry and some work on school planning.  I'm trying to decide if I want to get the kids planners, but sit down with them each Monday morning to fill them in together or stick with our current plan.  I keep trying new plans (currently we are using a kanban board type thing) to see if I can find something that is less work for ME, but two kids with adhd makes it hard (I'm pretty sure I have adhd myself just more years of, sort of, adapting).   I'm off most mornings this Fall so it will make things a little bit easier (I hope).  

One day this week I need to clean dd's room.  It's an absolute disaster.   I also still need to deep clean my classrooms before camp next week.  

So, my to-do list:

Laundry
Finish organizing storage space
Clean classrooms
Clean dd's room
Plan classes
Plan school
Some other house cleaning

• Like 2

Morning all! I need to clean out a bunch of stuff in the schoolroom. Nothing major, more like reorganizing than cleaning out. I wanted to order an intermediate dictionary and thesaurus for Oldest this year but the one I think we'll like best is on backorder. Lovely. Yep, that's sarcasm from Servie this morning. Sorry. I miss coffee.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

Yesterday I woke up to a huge headache (the camp meals all of a sudden in my lap).

This morning I woke up to a huge answer to prayer.  Someone has offered to do a dinner cookout for us at camp.  A friend of a friend, so I don't even know them!  So dinner will be hamburgers and some Costco sides.

I just put in a huge order at Subway for lunch.  Someone else has offered to pick it up on the day and deliver it to camp for us.

This frees me up to actually attend to my duties at camp. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yesterday I woke up to a huge headache (the camp meals all of a sudden in my lap).

This morning I woke up to a huge answer to prayer.  Someone has offered to do a dinner cookout for us at camp.  A friend of a friend, so I don't even know them!  So dinner will be hamburgers and some Costco sides.

I just put in a huge order at Subway for lunch.  Someone else has offered to pick it up on the day and deliver it to camp for us.

This frees me up to actually attend to my duties at camp. 

I think you're version of camping is much closer to civilization than mine. I like yours better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

Any ITTers interested in MCT curriculum before I post for sale? I think I have levels 2-5, minus the one practice book with each set that DS wrote in (but you’d get the TM version). Let me know.

I'm about to buy island for the girl! You haz all the wrong things!

2 hours ago, Junie said:

You should move.  

Ok.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I think my sister has it but isn’t using it.  I’ll ask her to ship it to you if she still does.

:ohmy:

You don't have my address anymore, so let me know.

Ikslo and I used to throw wild parties. That's why she had my address.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm torn between crawling into a ball and crying over everything that's going on and feeling ridiculous at the thought because nothing has directly effected me.

I’ve cried a few times now over Susan’s loss.  Let it out. You’ll feel better.

• Like 5

Warning! Edpo!

I have done extremely little school planning due to our current insanities, but have rectified that over the past few weeks.

We have essentially done school constantly for 7 years because John required hard core consistency and struggled greatly with any break that was longer than 2 days, but lately he's been enjoying and taking advantage of breaks so I've made a proposal and we're going with it. Three 13 week trimesters with month long breaks in between.  This is long enough for him to do major projects but short enough that we don't go insane. Each break is to include traveling (including in San Antonio, just getting out and seeing new things) housework, and designated time for real rest.

I've realized I didn't know what to do with Alex because he hasn't presented certain goals, and that's how I've structured school for the other two. John is a natural writer so we focused on that, and the same with Mary and art, but Alex isn't geared towards an academic subject so I didn't know how to structure his school. After realizing that, and realizing we don't need a goal (he's going into kindergarten) I put Phonics Pathways on hold at the library, and bought Singapore Early Bird and D'Nealian handwriting and I'm calling it good.

I might need to change my siggy. I can't see it right now. And I need to create a spreadsheet to make sure nothing's too heavy.

End of edpo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning.   I go back to the orthopedic about my elbows today.  I haven't had any pain in a long time.  Partially I think because of the cortisone shot, partially because I bought a lapdesk with a wrist rest for my computer.   I'm also being careful when I do yoga to not put strain on them.

After doctor, I think I'm running to the AFSA, then I may come home and do laundry, or go clean the classrooms.    Laundry is probably more important at this point.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

The day is running away from me!

I didn't sleep well and woke up with a headache.  But, I got dd11 through her lesson on dividing fractions (she picked it up in 30 seconds), and now everyone is working on their own and leaving me alone. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I was thinking about this the other day--how I'm struggling to feel anything but anger and sadness lately. I think it's that there is so, so much, and for whatever reason, I think I've tried to train myself to be strong for everybody, and that's not working now because I am literally stuffed full of un-processed emotions like a closet that hasn't been cleaned out for years. In this case, two years at least. 

So I second letting it out. I cried about Susan's DH, too. And it helped.

• Like 6

EdPo:

The last of my curriculum stuff is in transit and now I'm looking at a whole different curriculum (one I thought I'd never ever be interested in) and I'm now wondering if Oldest might like it better. What is wrong with me!? I can't believe I'm even considering it. They kinda got me with their free booklist of prescreened wholesome literature books that uphold family values.

Nah, too workbooky. I really don't think Oldest would go for it. I'm still going to utilize their booklist, though. And possibly their grammar cards game.

EdPo over

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

The last of my curriculum stuff is in transit and now I'm looking at a whole different curriculum (one I thought I'd never ever be interested in) and I'm now wondering if Oldest might like it better. What is wrong with me!? I can't believe I'm even considering it. They kinda got me with their free booklist of prescreened wholesome literature books that uphold family values.

Nah, too workbooky. I really don't think Oldest would go for it. I'm still going to utilize their booklist, though. And possibly their grammar cards game.

EdPo over

I made some last minute changes, but I'm feeling really good about it. For me it was about realizing they didn't fit into the box I thought they should be in, so I changed the box. Hopefully it fits.

• Like 4