Menu

Ignore this thread!

Jacoby has a raw paw.  He punctured it or something between his pads and then licked it raw.  Now we have it wrapped in a stretchy bandage wrap so he won’t keep licking it. He must be okay with that because he let me clean it and wrap it, and he has left it on.  He keeps sighing, and laying around pouting, but he isn’t tearing at it. I think he really likes the pretty pink I chose for him. (It was all I had.  I save/re-use the wraps they use when I give blood. I think I have a blue one somewhere which I will look for if I need to replace this one, but pink is all I could find for now.)

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Our refrigerator is making a loud grinding noise that we think may be a fan or motor or ball bearing or something.  Dh doesn't feel up to being a fridge repair guy on top of everything else right now so we have a repair man coming Friday.

My mother's house was listed for sale yesterday and has 4 (or 5?) showings already.  First showing said they are making an offer.   The pictures online make it look great.  I didn't think it was the same house.    But if it sells fast, dd needs to find a place to live fast.  I think we're going to go look at apartments next week when I'm off and see if she can find something.   Mom will move in with my aunt, or we're buying a trailer she can live in our driveway until the addition we're doing for her is done. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday! (Already?)

I'm making good progress on my to-do list.

Also, we recently got our standardized test scores back.  Everyone did well, although two of my girls are struggling in math.  And one of my girls who struggled with math in the past did really, really well this year. :)

• Like 6

Morning. More reading and writing stuff to do this week. I assigned the boys their summer writing project. They get to revise one of their previous novels, and I'm going to show them how that works because I happen to have an edit letter on one of my projects and the commented manuscript, and I make enough mistakes for them to feel really good about why revisions are needed and why we do them (not because the teacher said so or to get a good grade, but because we want to make our work closer to the vision we had for it in the first place). 

Other than that, it's soggy city outside, heating up, and I think the whole area is about to be a sauna for the next few weeks given that we have more rain on the way.

• Like 5

Good morning!

I got up at 4am (PST) to see if I could find the lunar eclipse but the moon was nowhere to be seen. Also it was cloudy.  I think we are not far enough West. 

The Ramshorn Rally is here. Vintage (pre-1989) Porches taking an ultra cool drive through the country. 

The average humidity here is <10%. 

Coffee!

It’s a Classic Coffee Booyah!!

COFFEE!!

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me).  

KrissiK Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

Morning.  Happy Thursday.  Just two more days and I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEE.  For 10 days anyway.  

This week has lasted a year already.  The kids have been bouncing off the walls crazy.  I think it's the weather.   It has been gratifying to see how many of the kids wished classes were continuing and couldn't wait to be back for summer camps or the fall.   All in all, this was a really amazing year even if it was a little crazy.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

One of the dc is getting a vaccine today, we're still looking for a job for dd16, and the house still needs some major de-cluttering.

Dh has off work next Monday and has volunteered to help me clean up the basement.  We have way too much stuff down there.

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

The Portal finally opened for me!

We have graduation today for our school. It’s going to be a walk-through with stations a la’ Covid, instead of a traditional service. Which is fine, I guess. Last year it was all virtual, and honestly, I think graduation ceremonies are the most boring things ever. I have to go work at it. My job will be guiding people through the stations.

This weekend we are going to family camp. Looking forward to that. I need some rest. Not that Family Camp is particularly restful, but it will be a distraction.

• Like 6

Good morning!

We are all packed up and ready to head back to Las Vegas to catch our flight home.  It’s wonderful here, but it will be good to be home. Plus, I won’t be waking up at 4:30 every morning, lol. 

Coffee!

Dinosaur tracks at the Glen Canyon Dam

F40722FE-D74F-427C-88E0-4A1EFDE22FAE.jpeg

• Like 5

Morning.  It's FRIDAY!!!! Whoo Hooo!  Yipppeeeeee!

Once I get through two classes today, I'm off for 10 days.  While I will do some work on the final week of classes, most of the week will be cleaning house, planning school for the summer, helping older dd try to find an apartment, and relaxing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Yay Toto! 🎉

You can do it, Junie!  Get out your golden Wonder Woman lasso!

It's so nice to look at the time and know that that is the actual time, rather than having to ask dd18 what time her analog watch says (CST) and calculate non-daylight savings MST time, unless we have traveled a few meters West, which puts us in Utah time, whatever that is, lol!

It is also nice to have reliable wifi service!

Jeannie's Squall has reached us, but is now more of a tantrum.  I took dd18 to work, and will probably take a nap in a while.  There are a few things that must get done today, and I have to pack for tomorrow's one night backpacking training trek with the scout crew. 

Coffee!

• Like 4

I finally got around to eating breakfast/lunch.  Went to the doctor's office and naturally, there were no doctors there.  I explained the situation about the medical forms they said they would keep on file and after going over it several times, the receptionist went back and managed to find my form, but not dd14's.  So I begged and pleaded for her to have the doctor fill it out and sign it first thing on Tuesday so we can submit the form and go on the High Adventure trip.

Pup has been a little concerned every time I leave the house.  Dh took him back to the vet and it seems his right ear infection has not cleared up yet, so they gave him a different medicine.

My backpack is almost ready.  I can't find the stuff sack for my clothes but I found a suitable substitute.  Still have a couple things to go over and I need to set up and break down the tent a couple times so I can remember how it goes.

Kids music day-camp registration is finally done and paid for.

Girls have a youth group movie night tonight.  I have no plans for dinner.  Too tired to deal with that yet.

• Like 5

Morning.  It's a yucky, rainy, chilly weekend here.   I went to meet dd to work out and she overslept so I'm back home having my second cup of tea.

I should probably have worked out myself but I woke up with a headache and feeling yucky.  Could be the weather (I definitely get headaches from barometric pressure changes), or it could be a tried to eat nuts last night.  I seem to be mildly allergic to nuts.   Not peanuts, they don't seem to be a problem and I can eat peanut butter, but any other nuts in some situations.  I can eat cooked nuts like in banana bread.  I can eat the dark chocolate covered almonds.   I can eat candy or ice cream with nuts.   But I ate some mixed nuts last night and it was headache and yuck all night.   Dh reminded me that the same thing happened last time I tried.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Morning.  It's a yucky, rainy, chilly weekend here.   I went to meet dd to work out and she overslept so I'm back home having my second cup of tea.

I should probably have worked out myself but I woke up with a headache and feeling yucky.  Could be the weather (I definitely get headaches from barometric pressure changes), or it could be a tried to eat nuts last night.  I seem to be mildly allergic to nuts.   Not peanuts, they don't seem to be a problem and I can eat peanut butter, but any other nuts in some situations.  I can eat cooked nuts like in banana bread.  I can eat the dark chocolate covered almonds.   I can eat candy or ice cream with nuts.   But I ate some mixed nuts last night and it was headache and yuck all night.   Dh reminded me that the same thing happened last time I tried.    

• Like 1

• Sad 1

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Dh and I are headed down to the basement to declutter and clean up.  there's a lot of stuff down there and he and I have different ideas of how this needs to get done.  It *might* be a fun day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dh and I survived the basement.  We sorted through a bunch of stuff, put a lot of things away, put some things in the Goodwill pile, some other things went on a pile to give to Dear Niece... and we have a towering Later pile -- which will most likely be the Monday pile.

Also, I took dd16 to Joann Fabrics and we spent $$$.  They were having a good sale and we got enough materials for at least 10 projects (mine, hers, and dd13's).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Morning.   My mother got two offers for her house for over the asking price already (it was put on the market Monday).   Which is great but definitely means things need to start happening.  I'm supposed to help her pack, dd needs to find an apartment, we need to get to work on buying a camper, getting plans drawn up, etc.   The next few months are going to be crazy so I guess I"m glad it's happening over the summer.  Although I'll still have camps every other week on a basically full time schedule (9am to 4pm every day for the week).  

• Like 4

Morning.   My mother got two offers for her house for over the asking price already (it was put on the market Monday).   Which is great but definitely means things need to start happening.  I'm supposed to help her pack, dd needs to find an apartment, we need to get to work on buying a camper, getting plans drawn up, etc.   The next few months are going to be crazy so I guess I"m glad it's happening over the summer.  Although I'll still have camps every other week on a basically full time schedule (9am to 4pm every day for the week).  

• Like 3

Good afternoon!

I've definitely been traveling the Highway to Hell for the past 2 days.  Up and down elevations changes do not bother me even with a 30lb pack unless it's up and down a trail that's not really a trail, but just a long semi-comprehensible general direction going straight up or straight down and made up of slippery boulders and sharp rocks.  In the rain.  It took us 5 hours to go 5 miles yesterday.  (We made it back in 3 hours, so that was Some Improvement.)  And at least we got to try out all the rain gear.  And I managed to not fall to my death or break my neck, so there's that.  It was mentally and physically exhausting and now my legs, arms, shoulders, back, and brain are jelly.  

At the present time I am soaking my feet to try to remove the leukotape which I had to  put on last night to prevent blisters from getting any more developed.  My liner socks are just not cutting it.  At least I know now that I'll need to tape up my feet before The Big Trip.  

Someone bring me a bowl of coffee before I turn into a goat!  (J.S. Bach)

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Two recommendations from our trip with dd18: 

Las Vegas: go to the Bouchon Bakery stand (in The Venetian) and get some Things.  Unbelievable.  Do Not Fail to get a croissant or two and some macaroons.  Pricey but so worth it!

Page, AZ: Slackers.  Go There. Get a burger and sweet potato fries.  I don't know what burger chefs have been wasting their time with all these years, but they need to learn from this hole-in-the-wall place.  It's what baby burgers dream of being when they grow up.  And the sweet potato fries.  Svengo.  I had to beg dh to take the rest away before I ate myself into a blissful coma.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm busy reading and prepping for a major run at major revisions this month. I will finish out this month with 90,000 words, but next month could well be 130,000. I think I need to pick up walking more to loosen up my shoulders every day. Might start really working hard on my posture while typing, too. I can do that (done 150,000 before in 30 days) but it can be hard on the hands, arms, neck, and so forth. 

• Like 6

Good morning!  It's Memorial Day! 🇺🇸

I was asleep before 10, so naturally am waking up with the birds. 🙄 All of my muscles are hurting.  No, actually, my hands and feet are not hurting.  My face also feels fine. I have decided that a good strength/coordination exercise for me to do for the next two weeks is to always change clothes/get dressed while lying down.

I need to finish emptying the backpack.  I forgot to lay out my rain gear and camp shoes last night so need to do that.  And replenish some supplies.  And do laundry.  Dd14 wants to get more fish for her fishtank so we may go to the petstore and get a fish or two.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I gave the girls their weekly assignment sheets.  Of course someone asked about getting off for Memorial Day.  I told them that their work was due by Friday just like every other week and if they wanted off today, then they would have to do extra work later.  Two are taking off and two are working as usual.

• Like 7