Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 5/14/2021 at 9:11 PM, Susan in TN said:

Pinning ceremony was very nice!  We ate at dd's favorite hole in the wall Indian restaurant afterwards - it was super yummy!  I had lamb roganjosh, but tasted the butter chicken and tikka masala and those were also delicious.  Very tired now.  

The Big City used to have a really good Indian restaurant. It went out of business. I love Indian food.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 8:04 AM, Junie said:

The ITT is not cooperating very well today.  Maybe that will make it easier to stay off. 😉

I haven’t been on for days. The only way I can get on is if an ITT post is the most recent one in Gen Ed, but that has ‘t been the case whenever I’ve tried to get on. Jean’s tagging me worked. I’m going to try to use that one in the future and see if it works.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 4:34 AM, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

We are having an exciting day!  My parents (if their car is fixed) should be here early afternoon and then we will go to dd22's pinning ceremony.  After that we will go to dinner at her favorite Indian restaurant.  In the mean time, we have Things to do.

FIL has gone home from the hospital.  They went back and forth on whether or not to do surgery and they finally decided against, since his blood flow is better and he is at very high risk for surgery due to age.  We FaceTimed him yesterday and he is in generally good spirits and needs to rest.

I have downloaded the Gas Buddy app and hopefully that will help us find some gas this weekend.

Next book on the Reading Challenge will be Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill Perry.  It belongs to dd22 and I better read it before she wants it back. 😁

Coffee!

That is a good book. I read it last year. It is kind of rough, especially compared to Rosaria Butterfield’s Confessions of an Unlikely Convert.

• Like 2

Good Evening!

Krissi opened the portal for me, so I'm sneaking in a quick trip to the ITT.

I have a whole stack of books that I need to get through this week.  And planning.  Dd16 is going to be a senior, so I need to get all of her ducks in a row so that she can graduate.

Also, now that my kids are getting vaccinated, I need to make about a thousand doctor's appointments. 😞  Physicals, dentist, eye doctor, endocrinologist, cardiologist.  OK, maybe not a thousand, but it's looking like 20+.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Monday.

My previous content keeps populating my response box, even when it already posted.  Weird. 

I have better luck getting in directly, especially after marking the forum read, then I do through notifications.    

Only two more weeks until Memorial Day.  I'm working on planning summer camps, summer school plans, cleaning plans, so many plans.   I'm going to have to make sure I keep on track or I'll have another year of playing catch-up and I really don't want that.  

For those of you who have taught classes, how do you handle seating arrangements?  I don't assign but the kids tend to have their preferences, some want/need the front of the room, some like farther back.  The most I have in any class right now is 8 with two at each table.  The farthest back table is probably 12 feet from the front of the room.  

I have a kid who came into a class just this session (last of 4 for the year).  Last week he got to class earlier than most of the others (usually he's a little late) and wanted to sit in a seat that has had a group of brothers sitting there all year.  One of the brothers needs to be in the front to see.   This also would have resulted in one kid at each table so when the last four students arrived, the two sets of brothers would have been split up (earlier in the year I was stricter about siblings sitting together, I'm not as strict now).  I told the kid he couldn't sit there so the brothers could have their seats.   He complained to mom, mom called me to see why he couldn't sit where he wanted.  I wasn't really sure what to say since I've never had that happen before.  

My main concerns - I really don't want to spend five minutes at the start of class playing musical chairs or even having discussions about seating.  I don't think it's fair to the kids who have been in class all year to have to deal with changing seating every week based on who arrives first.  

Should I just assign seats and call it done?  I may wait and see what happens this week. 

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩😩

School and work!! Only three more weeks of school and the end cannot come fast enough. Things have been really rough with work stuff. I have a couple of phone calls to make this morning that I am not looking forward to making. I hate phone calls anyhow,  but unpleasant ones are even worse.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Another way I get onto ITT is by clicking any notifications of "likes" by ya'll on my posts.  🙂  So I always post before bed so that I can get on the next morning.  (I liked Krissi and Junie's posts btw so that hopefully they can get on in the morning too.) 

This is how I get in.  I do the back arrow to get to another thread on the forum, then mark everything as "read", then click on the notification.  Sometimes I just sit and click on it a few times before it kicks in.  Like pressing the elevator button repeatedly, lol.

Whoa!  It's a Gettin' in Booyah!!

@Slache  come and play with us!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I'm working very hard to get past some very bitter attitude this morning, which I think should probably involve chocolate.

Brought dd18 to work and took dd12 to the grocery store to buy supplies for her next Raddish Kids dinner.  I will need to leave in about a half hour to bring pup to the vet to have a look at his ear and a couple lumps on his neck.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Morning. It's a rainy Monday, and I think it's supposed to be a rainy week, all week. I'm up to my ears in finishing drafts and waiting on some editing stuff to come back at the end of this week for me to process and come up with a revision plan. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning, Happy Monday.

My previous content keeps populating my response box, even when it already posted.  Weird. 

I have better luck getting in directly, especially after marking the forum read, then I do through notifications.    

Only two more weeks until Memorial Day.  I'm working on planning summer camps, summer school plans, cleaning plans, so many plans.   I'm going to have to make sure I keep on track or I'll have another year of playing catch-up and I really don't want that.  

For those of you who have taught classes, how do you handle seating arrangements?  I don't assign but the kids tend to have their preferences, some want/need the front of the room, some like farther back.  The most I have in any class right now is 8 with two at each table.  The farthest back table is probably 12 feet from the front of the room.  

I have a kid who came into a class just this session (last of 4 for the year).  Last week he got to class earlier than most of the others (usually he's a little late) and wanted to sit in a seat that has had a group of brothers sitting there all year.  One of the brothers needs to be in the front to see.   This also would have resulted in one kid at each table so when the last four students arrived, the two sets of brothers would have been split up (earlier in the year I was stricter about siblings sitting together, I'm not as strict now).  I told the kid he couldn't sit there so the brothers could have their seats.   He complained to mom, mom called me to see why he couldn't sit where he wanted.  I wasn't really sure what to say since I've never had that happen before.  

My main concerns - I really don't want to spend five minutes at the start of class playing musical chairs or even having discussions about seating.  I don't think it's fair to the kids who have been in class all year to have to deal with changing seating every week based on who arrives first.  

Should I just assign seats and call it done?  I may wait and see what happens this week. 

Teacher reserves the right to seat kids where they can learn best.  One brother needed to be in front to see.  I assume the brothers needed to be together for Covid reasons?  Otherwise in a small class where everyone knows each other I would assume that siblings don't need to sit together to feel comfortable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Teacher reserves the right to seat kids where they can learn best.  One brother needed to be in front to see.  I assume the brothers needed to be together for Covid reasons?  Otherwise in a small class where everyone knows each other I would assume that siblings don't need to sit together to feel comfortable. 

Yes, at the beginning of the year I was pretty strict about keeping households together.  I'm definitely more relaxed about it now and I have had classes where things are mixed.   In this case, the brothers want to sit together.   If not together, they'd want to sit with their friends in class not just with random people they don't know.  

I only have three weeks left to class so having to all of a sudden deal with stuff like this is somewhat annoying.  

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. It's a rainy Monday, and I think it's supposed to be a rainy week, all week. I'm up to my ears in finishing drafts and waiting on some editing stuff to come back at the end of this week for me to process and come up with a revision plan. 

It sounds like you will need a good supply of chocolate and tea at the ready!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

It sounds like you will need a good supply of chocolate and tea at the ready!

• Like 2

DD and I went to a swimmeet over the weekend.  So.much.fun.  We have (she has) switched from short course to long course (i.e. 25 yd pool to 50 meter pool).  She will age up before state, so she has to get 13/14 cuts to go to state in July.  She got one this weekend and was within a second for 3 others.  🎉   Other than that, we are finished with the school year.  Woo-hoo!  I don't have book inscriptions to do (what a brilliant idea!!!!), but I do have lots of papers to file.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning, it's Tuesday!!!  It's one of my late start/late finish days, and generally the hardest day of the week (or at least it used to be, I'm not sure another day isn't taking it over these days).  

It's supposed to hit close to 80 degrees a few times this week so it's going to be a hot one.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Go Swimming Girl, Go!!  🎉

Jean, that is just the song I needed this morning, thank you!

You can do it, Toto!  You're in the home stretch!

I finished the inscriptions last night so we gave all the books when the girls got home from Scouts.  Dd22 was tearing up and yelled at everyone to stop looking at her, lol.  

Dd14 has adopted the fish of her sister's college friend and needs a larger fish tank, so I am planning to take her to the pet store to get Things, and then take dd18 for a haircut.  This afternoon we are taking Grandma and Grandpa downtown to look around the antique shops and maybe stop at the Tiny Little Donut food truck.     

Coffee!

• Like 2

Dd12 is making dinner.  The Mexican street corn smells amazing.      

The Tiny Little Donut truck was closed by the time we got there.  Maybe we'll get some tomorrow.   

I am helping dd22 look into apartments in her Future City.  We may have to do some scouting for her, since she will be halfway across the country all summer until about 3 days before she needs to move in.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Morning! Another super hot day today, supposed to hit 87 degrees.   I was planning to do an activity outside but I think I'm going to pass on that.    I think I need to get a big box fan for summer camps since we may be eating outside.   I have a large canopy that I set up everyday its not raining plus a table umbrella that can be used separately if I need to.  But we are in a corner of a parking lot so it's going to be hot. 

I woke up around 3am feeling twitchy and hot and didn't really get back to sleep, so today is going to be a long tiring day.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

I can’t believe it, the Portal stayed open.,woohoo!!

Busy day!! Work and school. IEP meeting this morning. I will be so glad when school is out. It has been a rough year. Not homeschooling, but with work.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Yes - Dutch Blitz is a card game.  We have an extension pack so we can play with 8 people, and really, you can play with regular cards as well.  It seems our family is less cutthroat than the Dutch, because we find ourselves asking others for specific cards that we need put down and someone almost always obliges. We are So Minnesota.  😂

So much brain scrambling.  We discovered this morning that dd22 really needs to fly into Memphis instead of Nashville so there will need to be Extra Plans made.  We are hoping she can find a company that will rent her a car (because she is under 25).  It is so late in the game we are just praying she can get a flight at the time she needs for less than $700.  Dd14's new fish has an eye fungus and she needs More Things from the pet store.  There are some Good Things that I am making myself let go of because there is just not enough of me or time to go around.  Willy Nilly.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

So, I opened the door this morning to let the cats in and Misty and Lily were huddled up in the corner like a couple of junior high girls smoking a cigarette. Lily turns around and runs in the house and Misty slinks off with a big mouse in her mouth.🤣🤣🤣 She is my hunter kitty. I’m just glad it wasn’t a lizard. I love lizards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Weed whacked.  Then I got out the mower and mowed the parts of the back yard that I couldn't mow before because the grass was too high (thus the constant weed whacking).  Then I managed to mow a bit more of the really tall grass before my mower quit on me.  Not even close to a park like setting back there but we're a bit closer to it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have Done the Things.  We cooked cheddar brats over the fire pit on the driveway (like proper redneck hillbillies) and after dinner we had a ukulele sing-along with grandma and grandpa.

The kids are supposed to make menus for next week when I am gone.  The first breakfast, lunch, and dinner listed are as follows: Candy, ice cream, syrup.  We will keep working on that, lol.  

Do you think I can fit everything for my trip in a 17x12x10 personal item-sized bag?  I think I can.  I am a very efficient packer.  My kids call me the packing tyrant.  Tomato-tomahto.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Because of the wonders of technology our friends in the Philippines were able to "join" us for evening Bible study tonight on Zoom.  It was Thursday morning for them instead of Wednesday night but it was really nice to see them and talk to them. 

🥰

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I will be so glad when school is out. It has been a rough year. Not homeschooling, but with work.

I feel this soooo strongly.   It's been a super crazy, busy, rough year.   Feels like it's been non-stop without a break.   It has been amazing for the business but exhausting.    And unfortunately school for the kids has suffered some.    Of course, some of that may just be to the circumstances with Covid affecting them as well but we're really going to need to get our act together better for summer and next year. 

• Like 3

Good morning!

I am starting to feel the pressures of the impending weekend.  There are Things that need to be done, and I hate to be a whirlwind of gettin' it done because my parents are here.  But today I need to banish goats, grocery shop, join our BSA troop and take an online class and pay the fees, find and make appointments at a covid testing place, find luggage for dd18, help dd18 and ds16 dress for the high school formal and dress myself for the formal (helping serve), and get dd18 back and forth to work. 

No pets are allowed to have any issues for the next 4 days!   

Don't let me forget to do laundry tomorrow.

Willy Nilly!

Coffee!

• Like 3