Menu

Ignore this thread!

12 hours ago, Renai said:

I forgot to ask, with the CBR, do you read the books in order listed?

I think that is the intention because they are in chronological order. I am skipping Gregory of Nazianzus unless I can find an inexpensive copy of his work in ENGLISH! Otherwise I will go on to the Augustine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

The roomba I've claimed I'm about to purchase for years got here yesterday and is now running. The kids are ecstatic.

I'm thinking Jarvis, because he cleans up our messes.

Ours is named Goomba (from MarioKart).

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The personal trainer tried to kill Xena but Xena fooled her, and survived anyway.

(Despite really hating planks with the fiery fury of ten thousand suns, I do recognize that they, and other exercises like them are good for me.  )

Why are planks so difficult?!? I mean, you're just lying there, leaning against your arm.  But they are truly the work of the devil!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Junie said:

Ours is named Goomba (from MarioKart).

Our's is Wally (after Wall-E).  Technically Wally IV.  One thing I hate about the newer botvacs is the fancy tech. features.  Bluetooth and "mapping" and annoying talking and etc.  Wally IV is our first one that will "map" out a room but his actual cleaning performance is much worse than the former Wallys that just zipped around willy-nilly.  I think we will replace him before too long with an unsmart older model.

It's a Botvac Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Why are planks so difficult?!? I mean, you're just lying there, leaning against your arm.  But they are truly the work of the devil!

I concur. Julia makes us do planks in yoga and she just keeps talking away and I’m like, “ok, when do we get to stop this?.”

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's Favorite Day!

Dh is going to get his star license today.  Dd12 has her initial appointment with the orthodontist today, oh joy oh rapture.  Kids are meeting for children's choir at the park instead of zoom today, so that should be nice.  After that is orchestra and scouts.  There's a Philmont crew meeting after scouts.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Junie said:

What's a star license?  This sounds like something I might want.

It's sort of a federal issue of a driver's license (you have to provide proof of citizenship and residency documents) - starting in October I think, you have to have  either that or a passport for air travel.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's sort of a federal issue of a driver's license (you have to provide proof of citizenship and residency documents) - starting in October I think, you have to have  either that or a passport for air travel.

And here I thought it was going to be something interesting related to his job.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

And here I thought it was going to be something interesting related to his job.

I know - so disappointing! Lol.  I got mine a long time ago when I thought I was going places.  The process was like having to deal with the IRS and the DMV at the same time.  Not. Fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Interesting.  I have only heard the term "enhanced license" here.  Star license is a new one for me!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Interesting.  I have only heard the term "enhanced license" here.  Star license is a new one for me!

In TN at least, there is a star somewhere on the front.  I can't remember what it's really called.

I looked it up - in TN it's officially called the "Real ID Compliant" license.  That's me.  Super Compliant. 😂

I'm done with my part in lessons today, and walked on the treadmill for a while.  I hate the treadmill, but you can put up the incline quite a bit and I need that kind of uphill exercise now.  Girls are doing literature.  Dh is fixing the wall of the stairway where the rabbits nibbled.

Time for afternoon coffee!

• Like 4

Had foot cramps, so after going to the kitchen for pickle juice (I saw that look, Jeannie! Lol) I was sucked into the reddit vortex and found an interesting way to make an inexpensive and super light backpacking chair.  I'm going to experiment and see what I can come up with.

Now I should go to sleep.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Had foot cramps, so after going to the kitchen for pickle juice (I saw that look, Jeannie! Lol) I was sucked into the reddit vortex and found an interesting way to make an inexpensive and super light backpacking chair.  I'm going to experiment and see what I can come up with.

Now I should go to sleep.

🙄

• Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I didn't sleep well last night.  Maybe it was because I didn't do any walking last night (as is becoming a habit), but I think it was really a combination of several things.  

Hoping that the day goes well on autopilot...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I didn't sleep well either.  😒  Not sure why, just restless.  My ankle started bothering me again so I'm wearing my brace again for the first time in months.

Dd and I did yoga this morning.  We were going to start walking today but it was still below freezing this morning so we changed our mind.  Maybe Thursday (which is the only day it's not supposed to rain after today for 5 days).  

I have four classes today so its going to be a long day and I've been up since 6 and dd has TKD, so really really long day.    If it's nice later I may walk while she's at TKD. If I have the energy.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

Today is going to be busy. I have an 11:00 appointment in the Big City for DS to see about an educational evaluation for him and then I drive home, pick DD up from school and go back to the Big City for her annual appointment with the only pediatric ophthalmologist in the Valley so he can make sure that her condition, which is benign, hasn’t changed. And DD, being the hypochondriac that she is, is sure that he’s going to schedule another MRI on her brain and optic nerve (very he likely won’t) and she doesn’t want her eyes dilated and she’s been worrying about this for two weeks now. My only issue with the whole thing is that we never get out of there in under 3 hours. I’ll take my laptop and hopefully I can get some work done.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Krissi, did you ever get your rain?   

I just got off a zoom meeting - I was asked to be a part of a steering committee which I agreed to, assuming I would be unhelpful dead weight.  But I think I might have been a little helpful. Or at least felpful.  I love the organization, so it makes me happy just to be there, lol.

Now I am supposed to go hike a hill.  Don't want to.  But I should go before it starts raining.

Coffee!

• Like 3

@Slache Thankyou! IT WORKED!

I haven't been able to get on ITT in FOREVER because my phone has to think too hard and freezes up trying to get to the last page. Slachie just taught me what that little icon (unread content) button is. It took me to the first page of ITT so I really didn't think I'd get in, but I clicked forward to the last page AND IT WORKED!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

@Slache Thankyou! IT WORKED!

I haven't been able to get on ITT in FOREVER because my phone has to think too hard and freezes up trying to get to the last page. Slachie just taught me what that little icon (unread content) button is. It took me to the first page of ITT so I really didn't think I'd get in, but I clicked forward to the last page AND IT WORKED!

Yay Servie!  I'm always so happy to see you and your pretty blue robin's eggs!

• Like 2

I did 45 minutes of hill hiking with a 15lb pack.  I had intended to try to get to the top 4 times but only made it 3.  But since it was pretty dry out I was able to hike to the very tippy top, so that was good.  Started sprinkling just as I was finishing up.  Legs are tired.  It's almost story time!  We're reading The Wind in the Willows, illustrated by  Inga Moore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EdPo:

I'm just thinking out loud here...

I've been trying to figure out our curriculum for next year. Oldest really messed up my overall plan by reading ahead this year in history. Lol

I'm thinking US geography plus review of this year's US history on a timeline so he can really SEE it. I also want to include our bible curriculum and just keep adding to it as we progress through world history later on. I just have to decide if I want to make my own pictures/figures or buy HITW. Also, do I want to do a timeline in a book or on the wall? I think I'm going to buy the olde world US and World maps combo pack (HITW). I wonder if studying national parks and wildlife in addition to each states flower, tree, and bird is enough to qualify as science?

Reading is up in the air. I still plan on him reading reading reading as his interests lead, but I do want SOMETHING tangible next year. Novel Ties are an option, but I'm considering Reading Detective because it would give him ideas of other books he might enjoy reading. I'm a bit confused about it, though. Is it meant to be a full curriculum or a supplement? And is it used for one year or two? (Says 3-4, 5-6, 7-8).

I really can't believe I'm considering winging it in so many subjects without a physical curriculum with tests. This is sooo not like me. Last year, this type of thought process would've induced heart palpitations.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

I'm just thinking out loud here...

I've been trying to figure out our curriculum for next year. Oldest really messed up my overall plan by reading ahead this year in history. Lol

I'm thinking US geography plus review of this year's US history on a timeline so he can really SEE it. I also want to include our bible curriculum and just keep adding to it as we progress through world history later on. I just have to decide if I want to make my own pictures/figures or buy HITW. Also, do I want to do a timeline in a book or on the wall? I think I'm going to buy the olde world US and World maps combo pack (HITW). I wonder if studying national parks and wildlife in addition to each states flower, tree, and bird is enough to qualify as science?

Reading is up in the air. I still plan on him reading reading reading as his interests lead, but I do want SOMETHING tangible next year. Novel Ties are an option, but I'm considering Reading Detective because it would give him ideas of other books he might enjoy reading. I'm a bit confused about it, though. Is it meant to be a full curriculum or a supplement? And is it used for one year or two? (Says 3-4, 5-6, 7-8).

I really can't believe I'm considering winging it in so many subjects without a physical curriculum with tests. This is sooo not like me. Last year, this type of thought process would've induced heart palpitations.

I'm thinking too. Oldest is do the next thing, second oldest is do what oldest did, third (Alex) is polar opposite in personality and I think needs different curriculum. 😱

• Like 4

On 3/22/2021 at 9:24 AM, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩😩 but, it is the week before Spring Break. I think I can, I think I can!!

School and work today!!

Nope. I'm mean like that. Good Friday is all we're taking off. Well, unless the principal (ahem, DH) trumps me. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I didn't sleep well either.  😒  Not sure why, just restless.  My ankle started bothering me again so I'm wearing my brace again for the first time in months.

Dd and I did yoga this morning.  We were going to start walking today but it was still below freezing this morning so we changed our mind.  Maybe Thursday (which is the only day it's not supposed to rain after today for 5 days).  

I have four classes today so its going to be a long day and I've been up since 6 and dd has TKD, so really really long day.    If it's nice later I may walk while she's at TKD. If I have the energy.  

Quoting myself to say, I was right.  It's been a very long day.  

Three of my four classes were super duper messy.   I did a bunch of clean up but still have more dishes, need to mop the floor, wipe down some walls, and clean tables in the morning.  I ran out of time because I had to get home to take dd to tkd.  

I have 11,580 steps for today and it was pretty much ALL from classes.  

• Like 4