Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning. I don't wear pink on Wednesdays. Missed the memo. LOL.

Been up to my ears in writing stuff and trying to deal with sickly dog. More dog stuff today. Other than that, I'm still mostly sleeping at odd hours in the living room on the couch where I can get up with the dog, and just trying to get through a day at a time. Just a lot of time intensive stuff right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need to make some sort of dessert to take to my mom’s house for dinner tonight.  I keep thinking lemon meringue pie because I think my lemons are ready, but good heavens, that is a lot of work. Pies are a lot of work and lemon meringues are really a lot of work. I might make something else.

Lemon curd and whipped cream and spoons. (Does anybody care about meringue itself? I doubt it.)

Also lemme PM you my address for shipping... 🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

Lemon curd and whipped cream and spoons. (Does anybody care about meringue itself? I doubt it.)

Yes, some people care about the meringue.  And the crust.

Dh will sometimes make a gluten free lemon meringue pie for me.  So, so good.  (But, yes, a lot of work.)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

This is a good plan.  Please send mine express mail.  If you want to be fancy, top the lemon curd with a fresh raspberry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  I slept great last night.  No cookies, did my puzzles instead of screens right before bed, and not having slept at all the night before was the sweet spot.   

I'm willing to forgo the cookies at night and really want to get back to puzzles instead of screens as last thing before bed, but I don't think I'm willing to skip sleep every other night.  Hopefully the other two will be enough.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am so thrown off this week from the two snow days.  Last week we only did some makeup classes so I was off Monday and Tuesday.  This week we had snow days Monday and Tuesday.   It has me all messed up on what day it is.   I don't like that feeling.   I kind of do like how quick the weekend is getting here though. 

• Like 2

Dh is going to visit his mom this weekend.  He's the only one in our house who is interested in the Super Bowl and his mom likes football so he's going down to watch it with her.    I'm good with that except he takes my car and I have some shopping for future classes I need to do this weekend and I hate driving and parking his car (very old Chevy Suburban).  But I guess it's better than him driving it that far.  

ETA:  A super bowl booya

ETAA:  I had someone on Facebook tell me ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival not Edited to Add.  Is Edited to Add just a forum thing?  I feel like I should know that, but I don't. 

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 3

I'm off every day except Thursday (more makeups) President's day week so I'm going to tackle my own closets of Doom at home that week.   I have to go through the kids drawers and clean out all the stuff they don't wear/doesn't fit.   I think its a lot.  Ds at least has socks that I don't know how he even gets them on his feet.  I bought him new ones but haven't removed the old ones yet.  The new ones are exactly the same just obviously bigger.

I've also had plastic bins sitting around since right after Christmas to put in his drawers under his bed.   When I cleaned them out for MIL's visit I realized how much crud got down there and how much easier it would be to clean with plastic bins.   So I need to finally do that too.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

ETA:  A super bowl booya

ETAA:  I had someone on Facebook tell me ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival not Edited to Add.  Is Edited to Add just a forum thing?  I feel like I should know that, but I don't. 

Someone hasn't spent much time on the Internet. Someone should be informed that you are, in fact, correct. Perhaps someone should be visited by a delegation of actual experienced Internet experts to explain things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This list used to live somewhere on the site, but I cannot find it now. Because Thursday. Also, I might or might not have added "ETA." When I saved this list, probably 15 years ago, it wasn't possible to edit one's comments. Yes, really.

🙂 Smile -- colon right parenthesis
😞 Frown --colon left parenthesis
😮 redfaced --colon-hyphen-small letter o
😉 wink --semi colon right parenthesis
😄 big grin --colon capital D
:-G glum --colon capital G
:-S Cool Breeze - colon capital S (On some sites it will make a smilie wearing shades)
😛 Mr. Pukie - colon capital P (and this one makes a green faced guy who looks like he's going to be ill ...)

AFAIK – As far as I know
BG -- Big Grin
ATTN – Attention
BHOK—Banging Head On Keyboard
BIL – Brother-in-law
BRB -- Be right back (Used primarily in online chats)
BTDT -- Been there, done that
BTW -- By The Way
CG—Cheeky Grin
CUL (CUL8R) -- See you later
DD/DS/DH/DW - Dear Daughter/Dear Son/Dear Husband!/Dear Wife
DDIL/DSIL—Dear Daughter-in-Law/Dear Son-in-Law
DK—Dear Kitty
DP—Dear Pup
ETA—edited to add
FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
FCOL – For Crying Out Loud
FIL – Father-in-Law
FOCIA – Falling Off Chair In Amazement
FTFY—Fixed That For You
FWIW -- For what it’s worth
FYI -- For your information
GMTA! -- Great Minds Think Alike!
HTH – Hope this helps
HYG—Here you go
IABD – I Am Beyond Dense
IABC—I Am Beyond Clueless
IMHO -- In my humble opinion
IMO -- In My Opinion
IOW – In Other Words

IIRC—If I Remember Correctly
IRL -- In Real Life
ISP -- Internet Service Provider
ISTM – It seems to me
ITA! -- I Totally Agree!
ITRW—In The Real World
IFKWIM—If You Know What I Mean
JK -- Just Kidding
JMHO -- Just My Humble Opinion

JOOC—Just Out Of Curiosity
KWIM—Know What I Mean
LOL -- Lots of Laughs or Laughing Out Loud
LSHTRDMF—Laughing so hard tears rolling down my face
LSNED—Learn Something New Every Day
MIL – Mother-in-Law
NACTL – Not a Clue to Life
NAK – Nursing at Keyboard
NARS – Not A Rocket Scientist
NM—No Message
NT -- No text (especially useful in subject lines)
OIC – “Oh, I see”
OT—“Off Topic”
OTOH -- On the other hand
PLMK—Please Let Me Know
POV -- Point of view
RL -- Real life
ROFL -- Rolling On the Floor Laughing or ROTFL
ROFLMHO -- Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Head Off
ROFLSCOMM—Rolling On theFloor Laughing Spitting Coke On My Monitor
SIL – Sister-in-law
SO -- Significant Other

STM—Seems To Me
SYOTB – See You On The Boards (relating to discussion forums)
TIA -- Thanks In Advance
TPTB -- The Powers That Be
TTFN -- Ta Ta for Now
TTSP -- This Too Shall Pass

TWIT—That’s What I Thought
TYVM! -- Thank You Very Much!
VWP -- Very Well Put
WAGS! -- What A Great Story
WD – Well Done
WP! -- Well Put!
WS—Well Said
WTG -- Way to go
YAAG -- You Are A Genius
YMMV—Your Milage May Vary
YW – You’re Welcome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

This list used to live somewhere on the site, but I cannot find it now. Because Thursday. Also, I might or might not have added "ETA." When I saved this list, probably 15 years ago, it wasn't possible to edit one's comments. Yes, really.

🙂 Smile -- colon right parenthesis
😞 Frown --colon left parenthesis
😮 redfaced --colon-hyphen-small letter o
😉 wink --semi colon right parenthesis
😄 big grin --colon capital D
:-G glum --colon capital G
:-S Cool Breeze - colon capital S (On some sites it will make a smilie wearing shades)
😛 Mr. Pukie - colon capital P (and this one makes a green faced guy who looks like he's going to be ill ...)

AFAIK – As far as I know
BG -- Big Grin
ATTN – Attention
BHOK—Banging Head On Keyboard
BIL – Brother-in-law
BRB -- Be right back (Used primarily in online chats)
BTDT -- Been there, done that
BTW -- By The Way
CG—Cheeky Grin
CUL (CUL8R) -- See you later
DD/DS/DH/DW - Dear Daughter/Dear Son/Dear Husband!/Dear Wife
DDIL/DSIL—Dear Daughter-in-Law/Dear Son-in-Law
DK—Dear Kitty
DP—Dear Pup
ETA—edited to add
FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
FCOL – For Crying Out Loud
FIL – Father-in-Law
FOCIA – Falling Off Chair In Amazement
FTFY—Fixed That For You
FWIW -- For what it’s worth
FYI -- For your information
GMTA! -- Great Minds Think Alike!
HTH – Hope this helps
HYG—Here you go
IABD – I Am Beyond Dense
IABC—I Am Beyond Clueless
IMHO -- In my humble opinion
IMO -- In My Opinion
IOW – In Other Words

IIRC—If I Remember Correctly
IRL -- In Real Life
ISP -- Internet Service Provider
ISTM – It seems to me
ITA! -- I Totally Agree!
ITRW—In The Real World
IFKWIM—If You Know What I Mean
JK -- Just Kidding
JMHO -- Just My Humble Opinion

JOOC—Just Out Of Curiosity
KWIM—Know What I Mean
LOL -- Lots of Laughs or Laughing Out Loud
LSHTRDMF—Laughing so hard tears rolling down my face
LSNED—Learn Something New Every Day
MIL – Mother-in-Law
NACTL – Not a Clue to Life
NAK – Nursing at Keyboard
NARS – Not A Rocket Scientist
NM—No Message
NT -- No text (especially useful in subject lines)
OIC – “Oh, I see”
OT—“Off Topic”
OTOH -- On the other hand
PLMK—Please Let Me Know
POV -- Point of view
RL -- Real life
ROFL -- Rolling On the Floor Laughing or ROTFL
ROFLMHO -- Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Head Off
ROFLSCOMM—Rolling On theFloor Laughing Spitting Coke On My Monitor
SIL – Sister-in-law
SO -- Significant Other

STM—Seems To Me
SYOTB – See You On The Boards (relating to discussion forums)
TIA -- Thanks In Advance
TPTB -- The Powers That Be
TTFN -- Ta Ta for Now
TTSP -- This Too Shall Pass

TWIT—That’s What I Thought
TYVM! -- Thank You Very Much!
VWP -- Very Well Put
WAGS! -- What A Great Story
WD – Well Done
WP! -- Well Put!
WS—Well Said
WTG -- Way to go
YAAG -- You Are A Genius
YMMV—Your Milage May Vary
YW – You’re Welcome

I suppose I'd better put this in the archives.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4atHome said:

@Ellie

What is JAWN?  Is that right? or something close to that?  It's like rant or something but I could never figure out that acronym.

It's supposed to be JAWM: Just Agree With Me. When you want to vent your spleen and you don't want any advice or anything. JAWM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ETA: EdPo

I don't want to talk about what my child is or isn't doing with regard to schoolwork right now.  I'm in denial.  Although I think he is still getting an A in his Russian class with CLRC, and I know he's plodding through Algebra, so I guess it's not as dire as I feel like it is.  I blame the pandemic.  We can still blame the pandemic, right?  Or are we blaming something else now?  It's not 2020 anymore.  Can't blame 2020. I'll blame the dog.  That sounds fair. I spent too much time with the dog.

ETA: JAWM

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

I don't want to talk about what my child is or isn't doing with regard to schoolwork right now.  I'm in denial.  Although I think he is still getting an A in his Russian class with CLRC, and I know he's plodding through Algebra, so I guess it's not as dire as I feel like it is.  I blame the pandemic.  We can still blame the pandemic, right?  Or are we blaming something else now?  It's not 2020 anymore.  Can't blame 2020. I'll blame the dog.  That sounds fair. I spent to much time with the dog.

I'm team pandemic. 

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Slache said:

Edpo: Adding Latin to my overachieving child's schedule.

Grosseyepo: Husband has a hyphema so we're getting a divorce.

In his eye?  This sounds bad.  Is he at the ER?  I think that would be a good place for him right now.

6 hours ago, ikslo said:

ETA: EdPo

I don't want to talk about what my child is or isn't doing with regard to schoolwork right now.  I'm in denial.  Although I think he is still getting an A in his Russian class with CLRC, and I know he's plodding through Algebra, so I guess it's not as dire as I feel like it is.  I blame the pandemic.  We can still blame the pandemic, right?  Or are we blaming something else now?  It's not 2020 anymore.  Can't blame 2020. I'll blame the dog.  That sounds fair. I spent too much time with the dog.

ETA: JAWM

I concur.

6 hours ago, ikslo said:

DOn't be sad, Slachie!  My kiddo (that's for Krissi, LOL) has never done Latin or Greek.  Well, we do word roots and things like that.  Covered a lot in MCT.  But no formal Latin.  

My kids have all done at least 3 years of latin and forgot every bit of it within a year.  So I'd say it's a pretty level playing field. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

I'm beginning the process of becoming a Daughter of the American Revolution. Apparently, my 6th g-grandfather John Burrus was a patriot. He was born in N. Carolina in 1738. His father was born at Cape Hatteras in 1715; *his* father was born in Virginia in 1660. John's wife Mary Howard was born on Ocracoke island in 1745; John's mother Mary Hoskins was born in Jamestown in 1710.

FTR, Edward Teach (aka Blackbeard the pirate) had a hideout on Ocracoke; one of his crew members was a Howard. It's possible that Mary Howard was his daughter.

I don't know how people *know* these things!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting hot flashes at night.   I kick off the covers and then a little bit later I'm freezing and pull them back on.   

It's Friday!  And it's *^&^^%&^%&^* snowing again.   Not supposed to be much, maybe an inch more accumulation, but on top of the snow we already have it's going to be annoying.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

I'm beginning the process of becoming a Daughter of the American Revolution. Apparently, my 6th g-grandfather John Burrus was a patriot. He was born in N. Carolina in 1738. His father was born at Cape Hatteras in 1715; *his* father was born in Virginia in 1660. John's wife Mary Howard was born on Ocracoke island in 1745; John's mother Mary Hoskins was born in Jamestown in 1710.

FTR, Edward Teach (aka Blackbeard the pirate) had a hideout on Ocracoke; one of his crew members was a Howard. It's possible that Mary Howard was his daughter.

I don't know how people *know* these things!

That is really interesting, Ellie. I read a book about the Pirates who roamed the Caribbean and SE United States in the 1600’s. Fascinating time.

https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Pirates-Surprising-Caribbean-Brought/dp/015603462X

• Like 2

Good morning!

Ellie is descended from pirates!  That explains a few things.  Lol!

Toto, that's me at night, too.  I find that having just a sheet on me helps a bit with the back and forth sweating and freezing.

Last night Pup decided to start barking at 3:20 for about 30 minutes.  Then started back up at 5:30.  Sigh.  We have no idea how to deal with this, except the "experts on the internet" say you should ignore it and not give any positive or negative reinforcement.  I hope he will outgrow this eventually.

We are going to the art museum in The Big City with a tutorial class this morning.  I am hoping the Dürer exhibit is still there.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I think this could make a good ukulele sing-along campfire song!

It seems to be all the rage, as I found about 10 YouTube ukulele tutorials for this song posted within the last month!

I was just notified that my dermatology appointment that was scheduled for next week has been cancelled and rescheduled for the next available appointment, which is August 3rd.  Unfreakingbelieveable.

Art museum was a bust.  Apparently you had to purchase advanced, timed tickets and they were sold out for the day.  Oh well.  We added insult to injury with a quick trip to AFSA, where I forgot to buy the primary item I needed for dinner tonight.  🙄  I think I'd better call it a day.

#pointsforquotingself

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1