Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Cannolis on the other hand, YUMMY.  And the italian cookies with the jelly in between the layers or dipped in chocolate with sprinkles on the ends.  

Now I want cookies. 

When we took dd22 to NYC for her "senior trip" we did this diy walking food tour of mostly Little Italy and Chinatown.  One of the stops was for cannoli at a little coffee shop that was famous for them.  I don't know how they compare to other cannoli, but they were so. good!

• Like 2

The little girls played out in the snow after homeschool this morning.  I'm so glad that my littles are no longer toddlers.  Those were hard years.  Having a ten-year-old as the "baby" is so much easier.

This headache won't quit.

On the bright side, though, quiche is in the oven.  Yum!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

How long can "PMS" last if you are in perimenopause?  I've been cranky, edgy, somewhat weepy, craving sugar, salt, junk and just plain blah for weeks now.  I had some spotting a week or so ago (I had an ablation so no real period).  I've been blaming it on winter but it seems more than that.  Or maybe I just forget what winter is like.  I know at least once I seriously thought about getting a therapy light because winter makes me tired and blah, but the munching and weepy are things I don't remember.  

I'm worse with down time.  When I'm busy teaching classes, I feel much more energetic. 

In perimenopause all bets are off. Nothing is normal. What you got is what you got. It’s awful.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Godspeed my friend.

Thank you!  The phone call wasn't as scary as I expected and I was able to change a reservation to take advantage of a really good special.

Then, I got plane tickets.  Svengo.  And texted a business.  I almost started our tax return and thought better of it.  Not enough chocolate in the house, lol!

• Like 3

I am 2/3 of the way through the Linen Closet of Doom.  I have actually done all the linen part of it.  Now to tackle cleaning supplies and way too many bottles of stuff like sun screen lotion - probably much of it over ten years old . . .

Really?  I got an old expired lotion booyah? 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Morning.  I barely slept last night.  Those darn cookies.   I need to get back into my slightly healthier routine with yoga, Tai Chi, and less cookies.    I won't be meeting dd for a little while.   She was around someone positive and has mild symptoms.    Luckily we  hadn't gotten together in over a week just due to stuff, once on my side and once on her side.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!!

School and work!!

Not-Awana starts up again tonight.

Susan, don’t forget to go to the dentist.

Jean, I didn’t know lotion could expire. But I re-read it and you said sunscreen. Yes, I suppose that does expire.

CW, May the force be with you as you do all the things.

Toto, that stinks about DD. I hope you stay healthy.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Had a headache this morning.  I guess I have to go to the dentist anyway?

It appears that we have entered the ice age.  Next week's temperature highs are going to be around 30 degrees!!  That's crazy for February around here.  Normally the daffodils are starting to pop up by now.

I have one project to get done this morning when I can sneak some time on the PC.  I have been avoiding it for a week.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!!

School and work!!

Not-Awana starts up again tonight.

Susan, don’t forget to go to the dentist.

Jean, I didn’t know lotion could expire. But I re-read it and you said sunscreen. Yes, I suppose that does expire.

CW, May the force be with you as you do all the things.

Toto, that stinks about DD. I hope you stay healthy.

Part of it is the fact that if we haven't used something in ten years, perhaps I should get rid of it! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 4atHome said:

Ok, lurking on the thread, and just have to say the Corries version of the brick song is so much better

Creeper! Welcome to ITT!

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am 2/3 of the way through the Linen Closet of Doom. 

Everything at your house is terrifying.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Slache said:

Creeper! Welcome to ITT!

Everything at your house is terrifying.

Yeah, I used to peek in here occasionally,  but it seemed so exclusive that I don't think I ever posted here before.  New name now, so apparently feeling bolder... ha

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, 4atHome said:

Yeah, I used to peek in here occasionally,  but it seemed so exclusive that I don't think I ever posted here before.  New name now, so apparently feeling bolder... ha

Welcome!

I'm sorry that our thread seems exclusive.  It isn't meant to be, but I understand how it probably looks like that.  I mean, the fact that I called it "our" thread kind of proves that...

However, everyone is welcome here.  (And I hope that other people lurking here see that.) :)  I actually enjoy the thread more when there are more people posting.

It's not meant to be an exclusive thread, just a thread for encouraging each other and developing friendships.  

So, please post again and feel free to post every day, several times a day.  :)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

Welcome!

I'm sorry that our thread seems exclusive.  It isn't meant to be, but I understand how it probably looks like that.  I mean, the fact that I called it "our" thread kind of proves that...

However, everyone is welcome here.  (And I hope that other people lurking here see that.) 🙂 I actually enjoy the thread more when there are more people posting.

It's not meant to be an exclusive thread, just a thread for encouraging each other and developing friendships.  

So, please post again and feel free to post every day, several times a day.  🙂

Yes, you just all seem to be such pals:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Junie said:

Welcome!

And we're kina unintentionally cliquey with code words and rules and stuff. It's like the scene in Mean Girls (I think) "On Wednesdays we wear pink."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2021 at 11:48 AM, Wheres Toto said:

I've had tiramisu (lots of Italians in NJ, my ex MIL was born in Italy) but I don't like it.  I don't know if I would like the chocolate version better.  I'm not a fan of soggy cookies.  

Cannolis on the other hand, YUMMY.  And the italian cookies with the jelly in between the layers or dipped in chocolate with sprinkles on the ends.  

Now I want cookies. 

The recipe I use calls for lady fingers, and I use crispy biscotti lady fingers instead of the softer ones, so they aren't very soggy. Also, there is some chocolate, although not much. And it's technically kahlua, not coffee exactly, so there's that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Planning our little homeschool convention in Austin. We would be ecstatic to have 100 people, so yeah, it's little. But it's a start.

We might have to change venues, because although our governor's executive order allows medical exemptions to wearing a mask, the current venue does not. ::I'm not going to entertain discussions about whether we should or should not.:: We have to decide soon, like tomorrow, as we need to keep the same date (April 23 & 24), and that's coming up on us pretty quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 4atHome said:

2 hours ago, Slache said:

And we're kina unintentionally cliquey with code words and rules and stuff. It's like the scene in Mean Girls (I think) "On Wednesdays we wear pink."

There used to be a rule that everyone has to read the entire thread from the beginning.  It may still be a "rule" but we won't hold you to it. 😂  So feel free to jump in and out whenever it suits you.  We also welcome songs and poetry, especially haiku.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 4atHome said:

We’re glad you are feeling bolder. Just come in and act like you belong here, and you will.😂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 4atHome said:

Yes, you just all seem to be such pals:)

After you hang out here for awhile, you learn the jargon and How Things Are Done, and then you'll be a pal, too. 🙂

Of course, some of us have met IRL, at least, some of us in Texas. IDK about other states. Several of us live within meet-for-lunch distance. 🙂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 4atHome said:

Ah, now I understand.  I'll never make it

Also, if you happen to be the first one to post at the top of the page, you have to type, "BOOYA!" (Some people thing it's "booyah," but we love 'em anyway.) Why? IDK. Because. Usually you don't know you're at the top of the page until you submit your reply, then you have to go back and edit your post.

I don't make the rules; I just share 'em.

::cheeky grin::

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We had not-Awana tonight. It went well. I’m tired. I need to put the sheets back  on the bed and I can’t because the cat is sleeping on the bed. And she gave me one of those one-eye-open dirty looks when I suggested she might want to move,

DH just put her outside. She was highly offended and completely outraged. But at least I can make the bed now.

points for quoting myself.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Warning: DentalPo!  Avert yer eyeballs!   

I got an A- at the dentist yesterday.  My regular hygienist retired (whaaaah) but the new girl was nice and did a good job.  Didn't use that supersonic laser thing, which I hate. 

Forgot to mention that from my last labs, vit. D level was up to 29 (from the previous 16), so that's some improvement.  Calcium is still high at 10.6 but generally stable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School and work!!

I need to make some sort of dessert to take to my mom’s house for dinner tonight.  I keep thinking lemon meringue pie because I think my lemons are ready, but good heavens, that is a lot of work. Pies are a lot of work and lemon meringues are really a lot of work. I might make something else.

• Like 2