Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

She got in before I could bar the door.  I ran to the front with Comcast and Susan and the Helpdesk went to the back! 

Susan - you know that I love you. 

You know that I love you more than my luggage.

quick, what movie was that from??

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well the Afsa is understaffed at the pharmacy. Fine. But I am dying. I need my antibiotic.

😡 Why don't you have it now?!?!  Better get the ENB ready for an old fashioned stampede!

43 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You know that I love you more than my luggage.

quick, what movie was that from??

😂 I should know this one by now.

23 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Who IS HelpDesk?  She is so sweet, even in her emails!

I know!  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm a bad fur mom.  Made one of Pup's nails bleed!  Oh the humanity!! He seems fully recovered and not emotionally scarred over it.

There's a powder that you can get to stop this called Quick Stop. It's obviously not necessary in most cases, but some dogs just bleed all over the house for three hours when you do this. Quick stop is not comfortable and I don't use it, but mention it just in case.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I just booked an awesome Air bnb on the Virgin River in Utah for New Year’s. We had talked about going to Zion National Park and just getting a hotel in Springdale, but DH talked me into looking at Air bnbs. This place is great. It’s this cabin right on the River with 4 acres to roam around on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, I just booked an awesome Air bnb on the Virgin River in Utah for New Year’s. We had talked about going to Zion National Park and just getting a hotel in Springdale, but DH talked me into looking at Air bnbs. This place is great. It’s this cabin right on the River with 4 acres to roam around on.

Is there a fireplace, and do I get my own room?

• Like 2

Good morning!

Today is dd's 18th birthday!

There was an ice storm the morning she was born.  Fortunately the hospital was only a couple miles from where we lived.  She was my tiniest baby at 6lb, 5 oz, (a week overdue) and she is still my tiniest.  Strong and wiry, though, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Morning!  Happy Friday.   Just two classes today, then heading to the restore with dh (it's senior day!) to look at desks/file cabinets.   

This weekend is laundry, laundry and laundry.  Maybe some other cleaning and hopefully starting to decorate.   Inspector is coming today so that should mean we can get some of the boxes out of the kitchen nook.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DorothyNJ said:

Morning!  Happy Friday.   Just two classes today, then heading to the restore with dh (it's senior day!) to look at desks/file cabinets.   

This weekend is laundry, laundry and laundry.  Maybe some other cleaning and hopefully starting to decorate.   Inspector is coming today so that should mean we can get some of the boxes out of the kitchen nook.  

There is a Restore near us, but I've never been to it - what's it like?  I'm doing some preliminary thinking about remodeling the bathrooms.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Friday! (Already?)

I did a fair amount of dusting yesterday, but not much else.  I really should tackle my desk soon.  The piles of clutter are getting better, too, but I'm left with the problem of too much stuff that doesn't have a home.  A lot of the problem is books, notebooks, and binders.  The only books that I'm willing to get rid of are the books that the dc refuse to give up.  Sigh.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!! Whew!!

School and work!!

I’ve only take one pill so far, but the....errrr.... more excruciatingly painful aspects of this UTI have diminished significantly.  A toast to whoever that scientist was who discovered antibiotics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Is there a fireplace, and do I get my own room?

Hmmm, I don’t remember if there’s a fireplace, and you’ll have to share a room with the girls, but there’s a deck with awesome views of the... whatever, countryside. It looks like this place is in the middle of nowhere. Although it’s 20 minutes from Zion National Park. And it does have WiFi, which calmed oldest DD’s fears considerably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a Restore near us, but I've never been to it - what's it like?  I'm doing some preliminary thinking about remodeling the bathrooms.

I'm sure it varies from place to place, we live in a fairly affluent area so ours has some really nice stuff.   Basically it's used furniture mostly, but ours also has books, toys, construction materials (we have a ton of flooring, sinks, tubs, paint, tiles, etc at ours), fish tanks, sometimes odd ball stuff.  Ours has a room with really $$$$$ stuff in it that looks brand new and high end, but the majority of the stuff is your average furniture.  Prices are really good.  I bought a bunch of office chairs for my science center for $20 each, they were still wrapped and brand new, looks like a business shut down right after buying them.   I also bought a chalk board table ($5), a square coffee table ($10), my roll top desk ($50), fabric waiting room type chairs($20 each), a kitchen cabinet piece ($20), and probably some things I'm not remembering right now.    I think I bought a tank for the cockroaches there for $10 or so.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DorothyNJ said:

I'm sure it varies from place to place, we live in a fairly affluent area so ours has some really nice stuff.   Basically it's used furniture mostly, but ours also has books, toys, construction materials (we have a ton of flooring, sinks, tubs, paint, tiles, etc at ours), fish tanks, sometimes odd ball stuff.  Ours has a room with really $$$$$ stuff in it that looks brand new and high end, but the majority of the stuff is your average furniture.  Prices are really good.  I bought a bunch of office chairs for my science center for $20 each, they were still wrapped and brand new, looks like a business shut down right after buying them.   I also bought a chalk board table ($5), a square coffee table ($10), my roll top desk ($50), fabric waiting room type chairs($20 each), a kitchen cabinet piece ($20), and probably some things I'm not remembering right now.    I think I bought a tank for the cockroaches there for $10 or so.  

We will definitely need to check it out!  I would like to do a basic update of our bathrooms - new cabinets/sinks, shower/tub, paint, etc., but I don't have a design or decorating bone in my body.  I can't even pick out paint colors.  (Dh, who is partially colorblind, can pick out colors way better than I can.)  

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We will definitely need to check it out!  I would like to do a basic update of our bathrooms - new cabinets/sinks, shower/tub, paint, etc., but I don't have a design or decorating bone in my body.  I can't even pick out paint colors.  (Dh, who is partially colorblind, can pick out colors way better than I can.)  

My FIL (colorblind) would paint the inside and outside of his houses a particularly garish yellow color because that was the one color he could see and then he could see where he had painted or not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Me too, regarding the paint colors.  The only time we've come up with good colors are when I stole them from someone else, lol.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, but can they see Uranus??

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don't understand why this is funny. Please explain.

I'm great with color. Not being sarcastic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Another FIL colorblind story.  Before I knew that FIL was colorblind (at least to this extent) we had a Silver Alert when MIL wandered off.  I was on the phone with police relaying her description:  pants - grey, shirt - grey, hat - grey etc.  Then dh overheard and said "You realize that he has no idea what colors she is wearing, right?"  Her pants were green.  Her shirt was purple.  Etc.  Oops! 

(We finally found her.  Ds was one of a number of people besides the police who were out looking for her.  He found her sitting on someone's lawn.  As he trotted up to her, she said, "Oh hi!  I know you!"  What a coincidence running into him!  )

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm a bad fur mom.  Made one of Pup's nails bleed!  Oh the humanity!! He seems fully recovered and not emotionally scarred over it.

Dd can tell you about the time she came home and there was blood everywhere.  It was a massacre!  (Actually, Rocky just moved very suddenly when I was clipping his nails and he got cut to the quick.  Fortunately I had some styptic powder and he didn't actually bleed to death.)

• Like 2

I never cut my dog’s nails. I refuse to have something held against me that I didn’t want to do in the first place.  He gets them cut at the vet when he goes in to have his ears checked. (We clean them regularly, but we get them checked due to his history of ear infections. He hasn’t had one since we changed his diet though.) 

I tip my hat to anyone brave enough to cut a dog’s nails. Especially my GSD. 

• Like 2