Menu

Ignore this thread!

26 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I don't remember what AFSA means, either.

Since the oven was on already, I made a roast chicken, then decided mashed potatoes were necessary. And the family spent two hours outside putting the garden to bed. Now I'm tired.

Too bad you are tired, I was hoping you would come put my garden to bed.

I'm not good about doing that. Usually it gets left as is in the fall and then I have to clean it all up in the spring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yep. Definitely won't remember that. I was envisioning something along the lines of Air Force Super Attraction or something to do with the Air Force for some reason.

I kept thinking that too.  I don't think the description above is correct.  I asked relatively recently and that doesn't sound right.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yep. Definitely won't remember that. I was envisioning something along the lines of Air Force Super Attraction or something to do with the Air Force for some reason.

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I don't remember what AFSA means, either.

Since the oven was on already, I made a roast chicken, then decided mashed potatoes were necessary. And the family spent two hours outside putting the garden to bed. Now I'm tired.

7 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I kept thinking that too.  I don't think the description above is correct.  I asked relatively recently and that doesn't sound right.  

A Fortress of Stress and Anxiety

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 12/7/2016 at 6:16 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Why do some of you say The Walmart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/7/2016 at 8:30 PM, Susan in TN said:

ITT is the only place I call it that. Was it Krissi who started it? I think it's because it seems like such an entity. A Fortress of Stress and Annoyance.

On 12/7/2016 at 10:53 PM, Renai said:

An AFSA.

I've been sleuthing.

Hey lookie here, it's an ITT annals Booyah!

Edited by maize
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I am home and mostly ketchupped.  Though I didn't welcome Servant yet (WELCOME!!) or comment on Bookie's pictures yet (SO. STINKING. CUTE!!)  But now I have. 

Can we have another weekend day now?  

Yes, you may. Just fill out the required forms in triplicate, pay a $50 processing fee and wait 5-10 business days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think the FAFSA cursing might have started when we were audited by FAFSA and it took over 6 months to resolve. Though it seems to me that just filling out the FAFSA was bringing me to the point of despair.

Yes, I believe you are at the root of the FAFSA cursing. And that is when “FAFSA” became an actual curse word.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

How long are you going to keep me in suspense? I'm not about to sift through 3,000ish posts to find the answer. 😀

Why not?

Twas a time when you had to read all prior posts...but, yeah. I guess we’re past that now 🤣

welcome!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Did I post yet about my hip? I can’t remember. Turns out I’m not an old lady in need of a hip replacement!  It’s just an itty bitty anterosuperior labral tear.  No biggie.  Maybe some physical therapy, maybe some orthoscopic surgery followed by physical therapy.  Either way, I’M NOT OLD 🤣

DH was all, how did THAT happen and I’m all 🤷‍♀️, but I’m going to tell everyone it was a night of wild teA because that’s way more interesting than saying I have no idea how I tore my labrum.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Did I post yet about my hip? I can’t remember. Turns out I’m not an old lady in need of a hip replacement!  It’s just an itty bitty anterosuperior labral tear.  No biggie.  Maybe some physical therapy, maybe some orthoscopic surgery followed by physical therapy.  Either way, I’M NOT OLD 🤣

DH was all, how did THAT happen and I’m all 🤷‍♀️, but I’m going to tell everyone it was a night of wild teA because that’s way more interesting than saying I have no idea how I tore my labrum.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

We broke a bed. When people ask how I say "guess" and wink. 

I sat on it too hard and was fat.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

We broke a bed. When people ask how I say "guess" and wink. 

I sat on it too hard and was fat.

I remember that story 😂

I think I may have done it when I was lifting weights at the JCC a few years back.  It’s the only thing other than teA I can think of.  I like the teA story. 

Which goes hand in hand with this fact:

I like grapes.

So it is very possible that it was indeed a night of grapes and teA that caused my labral tear.

Don’t judge me.

😉🤭😆🤣

Edited by ikslo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Now I'm catching on to the Booyah. Top of every page. Got it.

Kids are in bed asleep now and my brain is starting to function a little better just in time for bed 😂

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Booya.

The correct spelling of Booyah is Booyah.  Some People "forget" the h.  Keep them in your prayers.

2 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Ikslo— that cracked me up! (Don’t make us explain teA. It’s a long-standing WTM Forum thing.)

Bookie, so cute!!!! As in you guys could all be models. 

Confession: I thought AFSA was the name of a store we just didn’t have in Houston. Now I am enlightened. I’m a roll this month! I figured out ‘washing the goat’ and the meaning of AFSA! Chocolate?

Quiet Boy (Son 4) was sick so stayed home from Church today. I guess he was REALLY bored because he did most of tomorrow’s schoolwork and finished the last 4 chapters in Tiner’s Chem book.

After Church, The Girl decided she wanted to make and deliver a bunch of cookies. We figured maybe an hour to drop them off. Wrong- 3 hrs later we got home! Dinner plans derailed, but a happy girl.

EdPo: I found the 6wk plans on T4L for lang. arts that review the highlights from each grade. I’m going to have mine go through them lickety-split then start high school for Quiet Boy and middle (6th) for The Girl in January. We will see how well that happens. ASD Boy is doing so well with his plan that I am not messing with it!

Now I am going to watch a movie with Scotsman, probably keep checking in here until midnight, then sleep. 

Pointless question: what’s your favorite holiday cookie and why?

Favorite cookies - my mom's rosettes, shortbread (I usually buy Walkers), and stroopwafels (you can get them at Aldi around Christmas).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Today's list:
Get mail ✔
3 inspections (2/3) ✔
1 update ✔
Call library ✔
Burgers and fries (lunch) ✔
Fried fish and salad (dinner) ✔
2 loads of laundry ✔
Perfect house ✔
Clean car ✔

Put off until tomorrow:
Chicken wraps (lunches)
Apples and garbanzos (snacks)
School prep
1 inspection

18 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Pointless question: what’s your favorite holiday cookie and why?

They have many names. Russian tea cookies, snowballs, etc. I love them.

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The correct spelling of Booyah is Booyah.  Some People "forget" the h.  Keep them in your prayers.

Sleep on the couch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like iced sugar cookies.   And cowboy cookies which are a kind of chocolate chip cookie.  And the ones with the Hershey kisses in the middle.  And the rolled up ones with the maraschino cherries in the middle.  And the italian cookies with the chocolate and sprinkles on one end.  And the italian cookies with the jelly in the middle.  And the crispy thin ones that sometimes come with the other italian ones.  And sugar cookies with sprinkles on them.  

I think I just like cookies.

I forgot to get my clothes out of the dryer and hang them up.  I'm trying to decide if I want to do it know or just run it a little in the morning and grab a shirt out.

I didn't set up the kids school for this week.   I'll do it tomorrow.   Except I have 4-H tomorrow night and still have to finalize Tuesday's classes tomorrow.  Whoops.  

Just two more weeks of class then I have a week off and can get ahead on classes and school and housekeeping and organization at the science center and...and...and...and....

and if I don't do all that in my week off between sessions, Thanksgiving is coming and I have that week off too (and we don't host and I don't cook).  And what I don't get done then I can do at the two week Christmas/New Year's Break.  Except I have entered absolutely nothing in my Quickbooks for the whole year and I'm going to have to do allllllll of that during that break.  

Poop.

And I have to go to the AFSA tomorrow.  I'm doing an escape room for 4-H and need to get the final prizes.   I also need to remember where I put my locking tool boxes.  I think they are on the highest shelf at the science center.  or in the garage because I thought I wouldn't be using them that soon.  Hmmmm.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

A book I've been waiting to read just became available from my library and is now in my reader.   Just sitting there waiting to be read.   Feeling neglected.  I can't let it continue to be neglected can I?

No.  Go read it.  There will be a quiz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Don’t worry, Slachie!

Q1:  Did you like it?

Q2:  Would you recommend it?

Q3:  Can I read it easily while pretending to prep schoolwork, or does it take brain power?  I don’t have extra brain cells atm to spare...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Favorite cookies - my mom's rosettes, shortbread (I usually buy Walkers), and stroopwafels (you can get them at Aldi around Christmas).

It is BOOYA. Since we have in residence The Original Booya Babe™ this should not be a matter of contention.

I am sad. Susan of all people. <<insert fainting guy here>>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, JoJosMom said:

It is BOOYA. Since we have in residence The Original Booya Babe™ this should not be a matter of contention.

I am sad. Susan of all people. <<insert fainting guy here>>

How do you get the little TM in your posts?  It's like my favorite thing!

#earnestlyprayingforjjmandherwaywardspelling

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My favorite holiday cookies are..... hmmm. Probably peppernuts, aka pfefferneusse. Tiny, spicy German-Mennonite Christmas cookies. There are a lot of different recipes for them, but I like mine the best. They are hard and crunchy and spiced with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, star anise, and cloves.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ikslo said:

I went to bed.  I stayed up super late reading twice last week and really can't do it again so soon.  Especially not leading into a Monday.

Dd woke up with a sore throat.  I thought it may just be the dry air/need fluids soreness but she says it's too intense for that.  She stays home today but has TKD this evening and we have 4-H tonight.   Keep fingers crossed she's not actually getting sick.   Could it be from her flu shot?  I know sometimes it can make you feel icky but it's been 4 days.  Could it make her feel icky that long after getting it?

• Sad 5

9 hours ago, ikslo said:

My favorite cookies are the ones I don’t have to make.

Yes

7 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

The best stroopwaffles are the ones we would buy warm from the street vender in downtown Den Hauge when we lived in the Netherlands 30 yrs ago. The packaged ones even warmed just do not compare.

Wow - I had no idea.  Time for a road trip to the Netherlands!

• Like 2

Will people just go away so I can get dressed already!  :dry:

It's a Go Away Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1