Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning.  It's Humph Day!

The good thing about our water situation is I washed all my teaching shirts and my bras before things went wrong.   If I have no choice I'll probably go to a laundry mat to finish things.  I could go to my moms but it would take all day and I don't have an all day to sit around there doing laundry. 

• Like 5

We have lots and lots of rain coming this afternoon.  Big torrential flooding rain.   And my kids have their annual physicals scheduled right in the middle of it.  And their pediatrician is 1/2 hour away on a very busy highway that is extremely hilly.   And I"m going to be coming home in the middle of the torrential rain AND rush hour.   I'm not looking forward to this.  It's going to suck. 

And my kids might not be able to take a shower before the doctor appointment.  Which will also suck. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a Halloween party.  Halloween is a Thursday and that's might Teen/Tween Hangout afternoon.  I have a few parents that have already mentioned they'd definitely come and could help out.   I wouldn't go crazy with activities or anything but I think it could be fun.  And just a couple blocks from the science center is a neighborhood that does a super elaborate thing for Halloween.  Lights, music, etc.  So after the party we could walk down there and trick or treat.  My kids would love to have other kids to trick or treat with. 

Edited by Where's Toto?
ETA: Halloween Party booya
  • Like 6

My break week is coming up.  Then Thanksgiving, then Christmas/New Years.  I am absolutely, positively going to get ahead on planning/writing up my classes, the kid's school, 4-H, and everything else that can be preplanned in my life.  I know I said this last year to, but this year I am absolutely positively going to do it!

So when those times come and you see me on here too much, kick me in the butt and tell me to get to work.  Please??

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Dd15 was supposed to take the PSAT, but the Christian school where my kids always take the test couldn't accommodate her.  Apparently the College Board sells the tests in packs of 5 and the school had none left over this year.  I can't say that dd15 is heartbroken over this.  And as she's only a sophomore it isn't a major big deal.  

I didn't get anything else done on my to-do list last night, but the Nationals did win the NL Championship and are on their way to the World Series.  And I chatted with ds19.  Maybe I just put the wrong things on my to-do list!

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Three classes and the aforementioned doctor's appointment are it for today but that alone will make it a super long day. 

Adding appointments doubles the stress of any day!

Speaking of which I need to schedule flu shots for my kids.

Edited by maize
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Happy Doctor's Appointment, Bookie!  I remember the days of having to bring 4 kids along to my dr. appointments.  Godspeed, my friend!

I've decided that I'm NOT a morning person.  At least not *this* morning.  I need everyone to stop touching and talking to me! :dry:

I have to bring back ds14's trial cello this morning and hopefully will bring home his second choice trial.  The trial cello that was supposed to get here Monday should be here some time tomorrow.  Church children's choir is tonight.  Vegetarian shepherd's pie for dinner.

Mucho Coffee!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

I think I knew about your washer...?  UGH.  Glad you could do it at your parents' home.

Apparently, I posted about it yesterday morning. I can’t ever remember things from one moment to the next.

Boo to Benadryl.  Allergies?

Yes, bad allergies. 

Cold?

No, but DS and oldest DD have bad ones. I’m thinking DD May even have strep.

Motion Sickness?

Only get that on scary amusement park rides and driving in the mountains.

Sleeping Aid?

Sometimes, but not last night,

All of the above?

😂

It would appear to have been D) Sleeping Aid.

Yawn. Tis time for me to sleep as well.  Goodnight y'all.

Knocked me out cold.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I sat down on the couch and fell asleep. The kids watched tv are playing a board game. 🙄 Not quite what I planned for the morning. Is there a Neglectful Mother award? I think I just won it.

Nope, not a neglectful mother.  You were busy taking care of Baby Cheeto.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I sat down on the couch and fell asleep. The kids watched tv are playing a board game. 🙄 Not quite what I planned for the morning. Is there a Neglectful Mother award? I think I just won it.

19 minutes ago, Junie said:

Nope, not a neglectful mother.  You were busy taking care of Baby Cheeto.

Agree!!!

• Like 7

I remember being so terrified to take a nap when the boys were little. Now I can't nap unless I'm sick.

Finished one revision today. Still working on another. And fixing to embark on the first revision again, because it's not right yet. Note that I didn't say perfect. There's no such thing. And it won't be perfect when it goes out again either. Just as good as I can make it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bible-studied, then hit optical shop for ds5, then grabbed soup at Panera for myself while leaving ducklings to fend for themselves. Put on your own oxygen mask first, I always say.  

I still haven't figured out how to get to the spa today.  I could do it all at home, of course, but then I couldn't take off my old gel polish, and I'd have to endure the Brow Plucker's withering glare on my next visit as she questions, "You do this your own last time?"  

Edited by lots of little ducklings
  • Like 6

Doctor's visit is done.  Both kids got flu shots (even though we haven't gotten them in ages since they usually aren't in when we go and we're not high risk) and Guardasil.   We're having torrential rain which made the trip there kind of tense since it's a long trip on a crazy highway.   Coming home I noticed a big cross street right next to the doctor's office was the road I used to work on and I decided to avoid the rush hour/pouring rain/busy highway mess and see how this back road took us.  It was perfect.  Got us home with less stress and probably just as fast.  

Guy came and pumped out the septic and everything is working again.  I really should do some laundry but I'm tired and chilled.  

I left a HUGE mess at the science center since I had to run out to pick up the kids for the doctor.  HUGE mess.   I'll clean it up in the morning.  

• Like 6

Do earlier it appeared our skylight was leaking in the rain. Y'know the brand new roof?  Yup leaking.  Went in our bedroom to get clothes to take a shower and floor is soaked. Not just the skylight.  Right over two shelves of books. Soaked. Dh called the guy who did it and he came over and checked the roof. In the dark and the rain. I think they are putting g a tarp up there now to hold it until they can see. 

So I'm still gonna take a shower cause I need one and I turn on the shower, take off my shirt and the power goes out.  Estimated restore is just an hour so not too bad but still.  

I'm just glad I finished planning tomorrows classes before the power went out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Good morning!

Bookie, I’m so happy for your good news and changes-for-the-better!  (I have often wondered if I would like to do transcription work.)

How was the rotisserie, Slache?

Today is dh’s birthday, so I made baked French toast w/fresh berries  & bacon for breakfast. I can stay in PJs until this afternoon, when I have to get dd16 & ds14 from tutorial and bring them to cello lesson. Actually, we are expecting a FedEx delivery that requires a signature, so I should probably Pantz. 

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School & Work!!

DD1 is sick. She stayed home from school yesterday but wants to go today so she doesn’t get behind in math. While I admire her diligence, I think she needs to stay home today. DH went in MD-Live last night and got her a prescription, that I need to pick up from the AFSA this morning. I don’t want too battle her because she is a stubborn one and when she wants something she digs in.

Bookie, yay about your job and DH’s promotion!!🎉

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Yikes on the exploding peas!

Happy almost Friday.  I'm doing a zombie workshop tomorrow so it will be a long day.  Need to plan that along with two classes tonight.   We're running to check out a gym that's right across the street from dd's TKD place.  Ds is overweight (not a surprise but the doctor had specifics and now he's ready to do something about it) and this way we could have him go to the gym while his sister is at tkd.  She goes 3 to 4 times a week so it's a decent start.  

• Like 2