Menu

Ignore this thread!

33 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Someone sent me a picture of me from high school this morning. I was extremely thin and weighed 115 pounds.  I would imagine that someone who found 97 a healthy weight would be very short. 

Not particularly, which is part of the issue. I assume at least 5'5". Now I want to ask. She's just a teeny tiny little thin thing. She says she's ok, but she's not a complainer. Het tummy looks HUGE. She's almost done though. She stands all day for work.

It's a Big Beautiful Belly Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

I was 102 pounds when I was 12.  I was also already at my adult height of 5'5 1/2".   I'm more than that now. 😜

I did my 5K today!   I completed it this morning.  The last mile or so was actually easier/less achy than the first mile.  I was slower than a turtle (1 hour 1 minute) but I did it!  

Now I have to take dd to a consignment shop to see if we can find parts of her costume for Halloween.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

So we had our college friends meet up. Three men, three women, we lived in the same apartment complex, two apartments a few doors down from each other, and hung out constantly during the '98-'99 school year. We're all married with kids.

Anyone wanna guess how many kids we have between us?

• Like 4

Just now, maize said:

So we had our college friends meet up. Three men, three women, we lived in the same apartment complex, two apartments a few doors down from each other, and hung out constantly during the '98-'99 school year. We're all married with kids.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, maize said:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, maize said:

So we had our college friends meet up. Three men, three women, we lived in the same apartment complex, two apartments a few doors down from each other, and hung out constantly during the '98-'99 school year.

So you ARE secretly Monica from Friends. I knew it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, maize said:

38 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

So you ARE secretly Monica from Friends. I knew it. 

😂😂👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

54 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Where's Toto came closest, if I did the math right there are 32 kids, ages 1-18! The family breakdown is 7, 7, 6, 5, 4, and 3.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, maize said:

Where's Toto came closest, if I did the math right there are 32 kids, ages 1-18! The family breakdown is 7, 7, 6, 5, 4, and 3.

Hmpf. Definitely NOT Monica and Company then. Pretty sure they have about 3.6 between them all.

So much for my brush with fame. 😩

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I've pumped Arnold Schwarzenegger's gas.

Well now!

Closest I can say is that I have received robocall recordings from Arnold Schwarzenegger back when he was governor of California. 

It was always weird to pick up the phone and hear that voice on the other end...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Back from the wedding.  It was very sweet.  I'm glad next Saturday's wedding is indoors.  I spent 6 hours in a car today.  Ugh.

We would be thrilled for dd16 to get up to 97lbs.  She's 5'2".  

I'm 5'5", but I think I was 5'6" when I was younger.  Dd13 and ds14 are both taller than me now.  This pleases them immensely!  :biggrin:

I must banish the goat.

Rain is forecast for tomorrow!!

• Like 6

Good morning!

We get to stay home and watch the broadcast of our General Conference for church today.

I did not clean my kitchen before bed last night so I will have to tackle that this morning. I need to figure out what to do with my too-large collection of vitamins and supplements; I decided to organize them two days ago and they have been sitting out on my kitchen table ever since.

Edited by maize
  • Like 6

Morning.  Just got up and I'm having my tea.  Dh isn't here and I'm not sure where he is.  He may have gone into work for a few hours.

Once I finish my tea, I have to work on classes, setting up school, and my 4-H meeting tomorrow night.   Same old, same old.   I'm halfway through my first sessions then I have a week off (if we don't get a snow day in the next 4 weeks).   I really really need to take that week and get more plans solidified rather than doing them week by week like this.  It's not even a big deal if I have to tweak each week but right now I'm doing too much each week.  I really didn't want to do that this year but summer went in directions that weren't conducive to planning, and I have three classes I didn't think were going to run so didn't bother planning.  

I also have to do some laundry.  Always with the laundry.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Today my Baby is 9. Svengo. I can’t deal with this.

Church this morning. I hate going to church without DH. I don’t know why. But I will. Even though I feel like staying home. Baby made cupcakes for her Sunday School class. She was insistent that she was bringing something. I told her she could if she made it, so she did. 

• Like 8

Morning. I've really got to learn how to revise stories and keep the house a little cleaner at the same time. The boys are back from their vacation, though. They'll be in charge of a few days of cleaning, which will help. I'm editing and revising probably close to 15,000 words a day, and working on characters for another story, and that just takes a lot of my day. 

Also cooking. Boys start cooking again this week, too. We have several grilling sessions planned.

• Like 4

I have a Vitamin question for all you peeps who take a variety of vitamins.  

I drink Emergen-C Immune Boost every day, usually before or during my first class.   This is the one with lots of Vitamin D and I'm deficient.  Also has C, some B's, various minerals.
I am also prone to anemia (may be anemic, don't know), so I try to take a multi-vitamin (Women's Energy) with iron a few times a week.  Can't do it every day, bothers my stomach.  Has some Vitamin D and some Vitamin C but not much, then the other usual vitamins/minerals.
I take a few extra Vitamin D tablets some days but with winter coming would like to up that. 
I have Elderberry gummies that I'd like to take every day.

Here's the problem: 
I don't eat breakfast most days.  I have one cup of tea with bone broth and one cup of tea with benefiber. 
I eat a decent amount of vegetables, meat, eggs, etc. (but also a decent amount of junk, I'm working on it).   
I can drink my Emergen-C on an empty stomach without a problem usually.  Sometimes I have a yogurt smoothie before classes.   I CAN'T take the iron pill on an empty stomach. 
I can't take the Vitamin D or the iron too late in the day, it seems to keep me up at night.  
I"m not sure if it's okay to take the Elderberry gummies with the other vitamins or if they should be separate?
I'm not sure if it's okay to take any of the vitamins with benefiber (I read it could reduce absorption).

There's too much contradictory information out there so I'm coming to the experts - the ITT!

• Like 4

Doing my 5K, having a definite habit of yoga/tai chi in the mornings, walking most days I want to take the next step to being healthier.   Vitamins is part of it, diet will be the other part.   I managed to go all of last year without getting sick <<knock on wood>> and I really want to do the same this year.  I did get bronchitis in the summer 🙄 but at least classes were over. 

• Like 4

You know, dreams are weird. I mean, how does one’s mind concoct the story? For two nights now i’ve Basically had the same dream. I dreamed that I was engaged to this guy. IRL he’s the husband of an acquaintance. I’ve never met him, just seen pictures of him. But in my dream he was her brother. And in the whole dream she kept hovering over me, giving me advice about him. She wasn’t being annoying though,  And it was pretty helpful....... 

ok... I get it. Typing it out.... I get it. At first I was disturbed because i’m Like, why am I dreaming about another woman’s husband? Eewww. That’s not good, subconscious. But now, I think the Dream was because I’ve had 8 new students in the last week, 5 of which have no idea what they are doing and I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time suggesting curriculum, trying to figure out what would be a good fit for people I don’t know, but they want to (or have to) homeschool and haven’t a clue. It’s all been good, but it’s kind of daunting and it was bothering me, because I’ve been thinking, “am I being bossy? Annoying? Know it all?” But i’ve Always told these people, “this is what I think, if it doesn’t work we can do something else, look at it, see what you think...” sort of thing.  It makes sense now.

Thanks, ITT. You are awesome therapists.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

No church. We're all dying.

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I have never had a brush with fame...

Um. You're on ITT. We're all famous.

42 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Diet will be the other part.

My favorite books on diet are It Starts With Food and The Obesity Code.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I have a Vitamin question for all you peeps who take a variety of vitamins.  

I drink Emergen-C Immune Boost every day, usually before or during my first class.   This is the one with lots of Vitamin D and I'm deficient.  Also has C, some B's, various minerals.
I am also prone to anemia (may be anemic, don't know), so I try to take a multi-vitamin (Women's Energy) with iron a few times a week.  Can't do it every day, bothers my stomach.  Has some Vitamin D and some Vitamin C but not much, then the other usual vitamins/minerals.
I take a few extra Vitamin D tablets some days but with winter coming would like to up that. 
I have Elderberry gummies that I'd like to take every day.

Here's the problem: 
I don't eat breakfast most days.  I have one cup of tea with bone broth and one cup of tea with benefiber. 
I eat a decent amount of vegetables, meat, eggs, etc. (but also a decent amount of junk, I'm working on it).   
I can drink my Emergen-C on an empty stomach without a problem usually.  Sometimes I have a yogurt smoothie before classes.   I CAN'T take the iron pill on an empty stomach. 
I can't take the Vitamin D or the iron too late in the day, it seems to keep me up at night.  
I"m not sure if it's okay to take the Elderberry gummies with the other vitamins or if they should be separate?
I'm not sure if it's okay to take any of the vitamins with benefiber (I read it could reduce absorption).

There's too much contradictory information out there so I'm coming to the experts - the ITT!

My personal feeling from having an entire counter full of meds and supplements (ask Slache, she's been traumatized by a picture), take the vitamin D and elderberry gummies first thing with your tea.  If you can, I would have a cup of tea with benefiber at lunch time.  But if it just doesn't work any other way, I would take it all in the morning because what gets into you is better than what doesn't get into you even if the absorption is affected a bit.  I personally like Solgar's Gentle Iron because it doesn't bother my tummy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church this morning. I hate going to church without DH. I don’t know why. But I will. Even though I feel like staying home. Baby made cupcakes for her Sunday School class. She was insistent that she was bringing something. I told her she could if she made it, so she did. 

Happy Nirthday to her!! 

• Like 5

I don't know what to do with a child that is intentionally annoying. We've explained multiple times why this behavior (usually loud noises) is not ok, but it's not sinking in.

44 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

They usually frown on going to church naked or in your jammies. 

You need a new church.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

(((Slache and family)))  Y'all need to get better!  ❤️   For intentionally annoying children:  you are not being annoying enough as a parent.  (Refer to various uses of duct tape and bazookas.  Consult JJM as needed.  Or Better yet, send annoying child to JJM)  

Happy Nirthday to baking baby girl!  She's going to be a Martha Stewart like her Mom!  🎉❤️

Go Jean go!  Eat well!  

(((Bookie)))  I just took 11yo dd's device for talking disrespectfully to me.  🙄🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, Susan in TN said:

I hate it when 11 hangs on for 2 or 3 years.  Just one more 11 to go...

No wonder people are afraid of strangers on the internet. Stop scaring me, people!!

Church was *long* because visitors from a sister church, translations, presenting gifts to one another, etc. I'm glad I wasn't a new visitor this morning--it would've been completely baffling. (Four clergy people, three languages.)

A former co-worker has been arrested for a work-related crime, & other former co-workers are having a variety of reactions. Ugh.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Happy Nirthday, Baby KrissiK!    Yay for cupcakes!

I also hate going to church without Dh.  It feels a LOT of work just for me to shuttle kids everywhere and then have no one to poke me awake during the sermon.  (Not the sermon’s fault, btw; but if I sit, I sleep).

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Raiders are playing the Bears. They’re ahead right now, but they’re gonna lose. I just know it.

Patriots are playing.  I’m not watching, but the mass exodus from church due to a 1pm  game really helped get us home at a reasonable hour. 😎

Green Bay starts soon.  That’s the one Dh will be watching. Go Pack Go!

• Like 4