Menu

Ignore this thread!

10 hours ago, Slache said:

Do you have any kind of suggested... expiration date? MIL said at least 5 years but now I'm concerned about making it to the funeral if it's in a month or two. I don't know how this works. MIL said he would move in with her when it gets bad but I'm wondering if it doesn't get bad in that way and we won't have the warning we expected.

MIL was on dialysis for nearly a decade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Morning. We had a good evening at the fair. The boy won multiple blue ribbons for his squas, including a reserve grand champion for a really nice gourd. It's a small fair, but he was happy. 

I'm still toiling through my rough patch. Art today will make things feel better. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!!

Busy, Busy day!!!😩😩😩

School this morning!!

Running around all afternoon. Literally. I have 4 families to visit this afternoon. I have a very tight schedule to keep. I scheduled 45 minutes to an hour with each, which should be adequate. I think. One of the families, the mom is having a C-section next week, which is why I had to get her in today. I’m bringing them some little gifts. Another family is a brand new family that I just called yesterday and the mom could only meet today, which is why I have such a full schedule. I originally only had 3 this afternoon. But. It’s all good. Nice people. I am not anticipating problems.

And then this evening is the parent meeting for the Washington DC trip for DD1. All I can say is they had better have some decent fund-raisers. It’s a good thing I got this job.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Good morning!  91219!

Dh is taking dd16 and ds14 to tutorial and I am committed to not forgetting to do science with the two youngest.  I have Things to register for and pay for and would really like to look into refinancing our mortgage but am a little afraid of the process.  It will probably mean phone calls.  Road trip to ds14's cello lesson this afternoon and orchestra rehearsal for me tonight.  Dinner is chili.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Yay Junie!

Two things that I realized recently about my diet - since within the first week, I've no longer needed to take any tums for acid reflux, (which used to be a nightly thing, sometimes waking me up more than once a night), and my ears no longer get clogged.  I don't know why the diet would be effecting my adenoids, but it is, somehow.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay Junie!

Two things that I realized recently about my diet - since within the first week, I've no longer needed to take any tums for acid reflux, (which used to be a nightly thing, sometimes waking me up more than once a night), and my ears no longer get clogged.  I don't know why the diet would be effecting my adenoids, but it is, somehow.  

A proper hormonal balance from a lack of obesity. Fat messes you up big time, a fact which much of the medical community chooses to ignore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Lack of inflammation?

White flour is the only major elimination - I already ate very little white sugar.  I actually eat more (100% whole) wheat now than I did before, though it's not much.  It could be that even the little amounts I had were enough to cause allergy/inflamation reactions.

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

A proper hormonal balance from a lack of obesity. Fat messes you up big time, a fact which much of the medical community chooses to ignore.

That's true, but these changes happened before I'd really lost any weight - within a week or two at most.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

That's true, but these changes happened before I'd really lost any weight - within a week or two at most.

Interesting! Are we blaming the white flour then?

It's a white flour is of the devil Booya! We should have more of these.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Slache said:

Interesting! Are we blaming the white flour then?

Maybe.  I've gone through other periods of 2-3 months when I didn't have white sugar or flour and ate an extremely clean diet but didn't have those effects.  But it could be. 

Dd13 is showing me videos of hiking at Crater Lake.  Apparently we MUST go there as soon as possible!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Maybe.  I've gone through other periods of 2-3 months when I didn't have white sugar or flour and ate an extremely clean diet but didn't have those effects.  But it could be. 

Dd13 is showing me videos of hiking at Crater Lake.  Apparently we MUST go there as soon as possible!  :biggrin:

It is the most beautiful water I've ever seen. And there are many other reasons to go to Oregon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay Junie!

Reduced inflammation.

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Lack of inflammation?

See? (Seriously, google "diet and inflammation." Inflammation is the root of much disease.)

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Oh, and because everyone is dying to know: I got a second place for one of my watercolors of a magnolia flower. The grand champion and reserve were an oil of Elvis and an acrylic of a rooster. Feel free to giggle. I did.

But were they painted on velvet?

52 minutes ago, Junie said:

Tears.

Drama.

Accusations.

This has been my morning homeschooling.

Duct tape.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mama needs to make a to do list but she's afraid to.

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm not sure why low carb has not helped me over the past few years.  Stupid Body.  A long while ago it was immensely effective.  

It might be how you define low carb. Someone who allows themselves to eat 150 grams of carbs per day is going to eat things that someone who only allows themselves 50 grams is not.

27 minutes ago, Slache said:

Mama needs to make a to do list but she's afraid to.

It might be how you define low carb. Someone who allows themselves to eat 150 grams of carbs per day is going to eat things that someone who only allows themselves 50 grams is not.

Make a quick to-do list and throw it away quick.  Repeat until the list no longer scares you.

Yeah, my low carb was way on the low side.

Random Musings:

Life is calm right now and I am very very slowly attacking some of the backlog of clutter and things-to-do in my house.  The regular routines of school and basic housework have long been established here but those took so much time that I never seemed to be able to get to the extras.  I feel like Sisyphus's rock has shrunk just a little bit. 

• Like 3