Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I gotta say, the GF pan pizza crust from the Test Kitchen is really good. 

I have never had a gf pan pizza.  I might have to give that project to dh.  He is a much better cook/baker than I am.  He actually *measures* ingredients.  :)

• Like 2

I like cheese, especially extra sharp cheddar and Kerry Gold.  Has to have a good flavor.   I usually eat it with Triscuits or in eggs.  In fact I just had scrambled eggs with ham and extra sharp vermont cheddar for lunch.  

I like most kinds of chocolate, but especially when it has stuff in it.  Nuts, caramel, crispy rice, dark, milk, all kinds.   I like my ice cream the same way - chocolate with chunks of something.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I'm driving myself batty about school stuff. Do we HAVE to write journal entries for Hake? No, of course not. And the Saxon 76 set I bought used is missing the tests! I posted on the Logic board to see if anyone would scan and pdf them to me. I'm not holding my breath.

The Girl made my birthday cake: Pillsbury Funfetti vanilla. It is going to have chocolate icing and sprinkles!

Hake journal entries?  Nah.  (Are you doing other writing?)

Saxon tests - sorry I don't have 76 anymore.  I'd say you can go without the tests if you pay attention to how he/she/they are doing on the mixed practice sets, i.e. how many missed and what kind of problem, etc.  

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I'm driving myself batty about school stuff. Do we HAVE to write journal entries for Hake? No, of course not. And the Saxon 76 set I bought used is missing the tests! I posted on the Logic board to see if anyone would scan and pdf them to me. I'm not holding my breath.

The Girl made my birthday cake: Pillsbury Funfetti vanilla. It is going to have chocolate icing and sprinkles!

Is today your birthday?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

We're home.  Everyone is eating IP potatoes.  I will eat something else in an hour, not sure what.  Probably not cheese or chocolate. :biggrin:  I need more water.

Points for quoting self.

I had 1/2C kefir with 1/4C raspberries, a whole wheat sugar free chocolate chip zucchini muffin, and a coffee smoothie.  I know y'all were dying to know.  :wink:

Has anyone seen my circle cutter?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

I went out with friends after church and had a great time. Married couple with 4 kids, all within weeks of our kids birthdays (they have twins). They used to be missionaries so we never knew them well. Cool peeps. I had an anapasta salad.

Yay for a respite from MIL!

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

MIL insisted that we be at the fireworks 4 hours early (4pm) and we said no and it became a thing. Well, we got back from lunch at 4:30 and she's in bed.

Yay for ignoring MIL!

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm watching the kids play "only step on the white parts on Mamoo's rug".

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Now they're playing "only step on the butterflies on Mamoo's rug". It's different.

It's the "lava game!"

• Like 4

I watched two more training videos. One on s3xual harassment in the workplace and the other on preventing youth suicide. I have one more to go. This is so incredibly boring. I fell asleep during one. But I still passed the test.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Points for quoting self.

I had 1/2C kefir with 1/4C raspberries, a whole wheat sugar free chocolate chip zucchini muffin, and a coffee smoothie.  I know y'all were dying to know.  :wink:

Has anyone seen my circle cutter?

It’s in the middle drawer underneath the file folders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am making calzones for dinner.

and in other news, the hummingbird feeder broke. The plastic parts were deteriorating because of age and sun and broke. I hurried up and ordered another one from Amazon. One never wants to be on the receiving end of Hummingbird Wrath.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Finished the videos. Boring boring boring.

My feet hurt. I think my plantar fasciitis is back.

nobody is taking this thread seriously.

What did you do previously for your plantar fasciitis?

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

We cooked extra bacon for club sandwiches and to put in potato soup later this week.

Road trip to Angi's!

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

f4t2tr2r45rg5frgfthfhhggttrwgcmdmmmm mmm4u2r: From Captain. He wants in on the ITT!

:wub:

• Like 1

I have the children's choir music theory worksheets done and the Thanksgiving Sunday and Palm Sunday music / materials all organized into a binder.  I started learning the piano music to the introit, though I won't accompany them in the service.  I am just hoping I can learn it well enough to play in rehearsals.  

I found the circle cutter - I remembered sticking it in the box (in the middle shelf) with the math compasses because I couldn't figure out what it was.  :laugh:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am making calzones for dinner.

and in other news, the hummingbird feeder broke. The plastic parts were deteriorating because of age and sun and broke. I hurried up and ordered another one from Amazon. One never wants to be on the receiving end of Hummingbird Wrath.

We get hummingbirds here without a feeder.  We have a shrub/bush/tree which attracts them.  It’s been flowering pretty much the whole time we have lived here.  Now I’m scared of what’s going to happen when it stops blooming!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Slache said:

I got the entire bridal party to question whether they actually like cheese or if they just think they do. I have this theory that people don't actually like cheese. We like the way cheese changes our food and the hormonal changes (high) that we get from eating it. I asked you guys before that if chips are salty and candy is sweet then what is cheese? No one had a good answer except for Junie who said bland. I just don't think cheese has anything to bring to the table aside from texture and hormones. Well, I dropped this a while ago because it's just really not the most important thing in life but on the way here I stopped at a fast food restaurant and the guy behind the counter asked if I wanted cheese and I joked and said "Well, duh" and he said that he and his coworkers don't like cheese due to their ethnicity and his coworkers confirmed it. So now I'm back to the cheese thing and I've ruined the bridal party forever.

I think chocolate is the same way. I don't think people like chocolate, I think they like the high they get from cocoa and the taste of the sugar. I think this because the few women I've met who don't get the high from chocolate don't like it.

This is what gets talked about at bridal parties. Apparently.

Cheese is salty. I like mild cheeses and can eat those alone. Those tangy cheeses need to be mixed with something. I don't particularly like cheddars for that reason. And Mr. I'm- speaking-for-the-Culture can speak for himself. I haven't met any that don't like cheese. And since I've never met HIM, he doesn't count. LOL!

Yes. Chocolate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Cheese is salty. I like mild cheeses and can eat those alone. Those tangy cheeses need to be mixed with something. I don't particularly like cheddars for that reason. And Mr. I'm- speaking-for-the-Culture can speak for himself. I haven't met any that don't like cheese. And since I've never met HIM, he doesn't count. LOL!

Yes. Chocolate.

No, they're not all salty. I'm still chewing on this and I'm not convinced of anything. I do wonder if that man was messing with me, but it's not particularly relevant. It was a stop along the highway and what a way to mess with tourists.

• Like 2

I've never sat under fireworks before. It was definitely the prettiest show that I've ever seen and I enjoyed that there were fireworks both above me and directly on the river. We got VIP passes because SIL was working the show, but I'm not sure that I ever would have paid for such a thing. They choose a theme (this year was circus) and base the music on the theme, then base the fireworks on the music, so the music and fireworks line up perfectly. It was cool, and pretty much everyone had great seats, we were just directly under them.

• Like 4

Certain ethnicities are more prone to lactose intolerance.  That can make you not like cheese or other dairy that much.  Though that is due to the effects on the body and how it makes you feel, not because of how it tastes.  I really think that quality has a lot to do with whether you like cheese or chocolate.  If all you know is American cheese (which I personally don't even count as cheese) then of course you are going to think that cheese is bland and uninteresting.  Same with a low quality milk chocolate vs. a high quality dark chocolate.  (Of course these opinions are just based on my own palate and have nothing to do with "science" or "fact" or anything like that.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Like a live Fantasia concert. Awesome! My kids hate the noise of the fireworks but like how pretty they are.

I wore ear plugs. John keeps asking me to repeat thing. Oops.

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Certain ethnicities are more prone to lactose intolerance.  That can make you not like cheese or other dairy that much.  Though that is due to the effects on the body and how it makes you feel, not because of how it tastes.  I really think that quality has a lot to do with whether you like cheese or chocolate.  If all you know is American cheese (which I personally don't even count as cheese) then of course you are going to think that cheese is bland and uninteresting.  Same with a low quality milk chocolate vs. a high quality dark chocolate.  (Of course these opinions are just based on my own palate and have nothing to do with "science" or "fact" or anything like that.)

With the various responses that I have gotten from people I am beginning to think that it is just a palate thing. And I prefer American cheese and cheap chocolate. It comes from my high class routes.

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm awake.  😲

I did that.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

First coffee.  Then pantz.  We're having company!!

Who?

It's a deafening, cheesy, chocolatey, wakey, sassy BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Morning. I'm tired. Too much to do to go back to bed. Time to get more caffeine and hope it gets the brain cells alert if not completely functioning. It's hot out, and sunny, and forecast to be completely miserable for days and days and days. Nothing but sun, blue sky, and windless days forever. I'm going to hide in my room and wait for a cloud before I go out in this! But I did tell the boys I would take them to the lake on Thursday. Ugh. Why did I do that?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Twenty two overdue library books. I renewed all but one. Don't tell Matt.

I'm so glad you posted this.  It reminded me to go online and renew the books I have out so they won't be overdue.  I was too late, but at least fines are not still accumulating.   I'm not going to the library today, it's about 15 minutes down the highway and it's pouring rain here today.  I don't want to drive that far.

We are starting school today.   I didn't tell the kids it was a holiday.  Dh is at work so it doesn't seem like a holiday (he took off last Monday to help his mom so swapped it for this Monday).  They are online enough that I would think someone would tell them but whatever.

I'm trying out my new plan with the index cards and big organized binders.  I don't have everything ready but enough to get them started and theoretically make it easier for me to set up each week.  We'll see how it goes.

• Like 4

We are taking the day off, but I'm kind of regretting it.

The little girls keep coming to me and asking for help with whatever.  I told them that if I wanted to spend the day helping them we would be doing homeschool.  I'm trying to make progress on some of my own projects.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Got up this morning to the hurricane still sitting over the Bahamas.  Those poor people.  

I keep playing that line from Titanic in my head, altered for this hurricane: Why ain’t (it) turnin’?

I know, I was watching some CNN something about it last night. I feel so bad for those poor people. But nothing can be done at this point.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I'm so glad you posted this.  It reminded me to go online and renew the books I have out so they won't be overdue.  I was too late, but at least fines are not still accumulating.   I'm not going to the library today, it's about 15 minutes down the highway and it's pouring rain here today.  I don't want to drive that far.

We are starting school today.   I didn't tell the kids it was a holiday.  Dh is at work so it doesn't seem like a holiday (he took off last Monday to help his mom so swapped it for this Monday).  They are online enough that I would think someone would tell them but whatever.

I'm trying out my new plan with the index cards and big organized binders.  I don't have everything ready but enough to get them started and theoretically make it easier for me to set up each week.  We'll see how it goes.

Out library is closed today. Maybe yours is too?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Out library is closed today. Maybe yours is too?

Could be but I could still leave the books in the book drop.   Although, if I'm making the ride all the way down there, I should do some browsing too.  All the more reason to wait.  I have to make sure I go this week though.  Next week my full schedule starts and I won't have time.

• Like 3