Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, Spudater said:

What about Hindi?  Lots of sappy Bollywood. I watched Devdas in college and by the end I was ugly sobbing. 

I've never actually watched anything Bollywood.

I've been re-watching movies that I'm familiar with in languages I'm trying to learn (Spanish and French).

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

My dad loved that movie.

I, of course, hated it.  I don't like funny movies.  I would rather bawl my eyes out watching something sappy.  At 2 am.  In French.

What about in Chinese? I just finished a series, but I'm debating watching it again without subtitles at all because I hated the ending. It was pretty sweet, though. Nothing makes me cry though.

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I like pretty much everything but that. I prefer funny but I'm picky. I like adventure. We need to see the hobbit.

Yeah, I prefer funny, adventure, or action.

Just now, Slache said:

My favorite movie is Moulin Rouge and my second-favorite is Remember the Titans.

Your turn!

I don't have a favorite. I decided a long time ago that Lion King was my favorite, and I just never updated my favorites list.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Junie said:

I don't know if I have a favorite movie.  It very much depends on my mood.

And actually, I don’t like movies a whole lot. I get too invested. I go sometimes to make it a family event.  I did watch a lot on vacation - Harry Potter, LOTR, Star Wars. Something a little different (not for kids) was Yes Man. I like some romantic comedy occasionally (you’ve got mail, when Harry met sally), but not a lot. 

More than you wanted to know. 

• Like 6

I'm not much of a movie watcher. I can't actually decide whether they are overstimulating or boring or both in some odd way because they don't leave enough room for my own thoughts inside my head--in any case I can only really stand to watch when I am sick.

• Like 6

Good morning, croaked the toad. I need to get hopping and write my wrists off. I am 5000 away from hitting 20K on two novels in a month, and I am going to get it today! I am using June as my marathon writing month to complete one series and get ready to hop back in another before I write the third book in the trilogy that is on submission right now. My agent now knows that I have another series almost complete in first draft form, and so I'm supposed to revise the first book of that in July for her to read and critique, so I can get it ready to go on submission sometime this fall if possible. And then I have a standalone book to write in November. Plus other projects to bring to a boil. The boys head out of town with grandparents, so I'm looking forward to a solid week of writing without requests to go to the lake, river, etc, although I'll probably go by myself to relax a time or two! Have a lake trip planned for this afternoon, so I need to bury myself in words and burrow until I get my 5000 on the page.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spudater said:

What about Hindi?  Lots of sappy Bollywood. I watched Devdas in college and by the end I was ugly sobbing. 

11 hours ago, Junie said:

I've never actually watched anything Bollywood.

I've been re-watching movies that I'm familiar with in languages I'm trying to learn (Spanish and French).

I don't know if it's technically Bollywood, but Bride & Prejudice is a great movie, IMO.  Sappy, sweet and a musical.

Me too.  I like to rewatch old favorites.   I really prefer reading to watching movies or tv.  Dh loves to choose random movies from Amazon, Netflix or Hulu.  He's found some decent/okay ones but some of them are truly awful.  

• Like 3

So, I gave up the Intermittent Fasting for the weekend and in fact have been eating lots and lots of junk.  And I'm down 4 pounds.   I know it's going to catch up to me but this weight loss thing is so darn frustrating.  I need to figure out something to do about it.   I'm not as sedentary as I used to be (on my feet all day, walking around), but I need to do some stretching, some sustained cardio, and mainly, watch what I eat.  Usually that's easier for me in the summer but I've been gaining not losing weight.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Promotion Day. All the kids move up to their next grade in Sunday School. Both the high school class and jr. high classes (I have one kid stayed hg in jr. high and one promoting to high school) asked parents to bring food for breakfasts, so, I made sticky buns.🙄 I actually made them last night, but I had to get up early to take them out of the fridge to warm up and rise a little so I could bake them. Why can’t I just go get donuts like other moms?

It’s heating up again today. Our little comfortable reprieve is over.😩🔥🔥☀️☀️

• Like 5

Same here, but I tend to enjoy watching movies I like over and over again. That drives everyone crazy, but I don’t care. I’ll just hole up in my room with my iPad and enjoy myself. I like rom-coms a lot. Those are ones that I will tend to watch more than once -When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, While You Were Sleeping. I love Steel Magnolias, too, though not a rom-com. I enjoy me a good action flick, but those I don’t tend to watch over and over again.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning, croaked the toad. I need to get hopping and write my wrists off. I am 5000 away from hitting 20K on two novels in a month, and I am going to get it today! I am using June as my marathon writing month to complete one series and get ready to hop back in another before I write the third book in the trilogy that is on submission right now. My agent now knows that I have another series almost complete in first draft form, and so I'm supposed to revise the first book of that in July for her to read and critique, so I can get it ready to go on submission sometime this fall if possible. And then I have a standalone book to write in November. Plus other projects to bring to a boil. The boys head out of town with grandparents, so I'm looking forward to a solid week of writing without requests to go to the lake, river, etc, although I'll probably go by myself to relax a time or two! Have a lake trip planned for this afternoon, so I need to bury myself in words and burrow until I get my 5000 on the page.

Wow, Critter!!! That’s all I can say!! Just wow!!👍👍👍

🎶🎶”This Girl is on Fire......l🔥🔥✒️🎵🎶

• Like 5

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, I gotta stay out of the seas, (America, food and diet thread) I am tempted to jump in, but I think I would just be lambasted.

Yes, I had an immediate reaction which I spoke only to myself.  Amazing restraint.  Appropriately rewards with chocolate:  🍫🍫🍫😜😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

We’re home. My sticky buns were a hit. I made a double batch and there were only 3 left on the jr. high platter and there aren’t many kids in that class. The platter I sent to the high school class was practically licked clean. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Uh, afternoon!

I didn't get a sticky bun.  :sad:

I don't like to rewatch movies, so the ones I do want to see again must be my favorites.  One movie I have wanted to rewatch for years is Another Stakeout.  I think I saw it 25 years ago, so I might hate it now.

Played in early and late services this morning.  Dd12 played in the early service but she got wheezy so I said she should sit out the next one.  Lunch is IP sweet potatoes, leftover spaghetti, and lettuce salad.  I have some things, mostly online stuff and planning to take care of today, but otherwise not much going on.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Mr. M gave Alex a stuffed dog and all 3 kids seeds to feed the pigeons.

MIL is now planning to move to San Antonio.

You need to make these separate posts so that I can like the first and not the second.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

You need to make these separate posts so that I can like the first and not the second.

I'm not that upset. She has lots of power in Ohio that she used against me. Often by saying I would be somewhere knowing I wasn't going to tell the 85 year old I wasnt after she was so excited, but she would also get stores to not serve me etc. She has no power here. Because of that I don't think she'll come.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Mr. M gave Alex a stuffed dog and all 3 kids seeds to feed the pigeons.

MIL is now planning to move to San Antonio.

6 minutes ago, Junie said:

My thoughts exactly!

Slache, you need to start telling her about how awful it is there, and you are probably going to move in 6 months.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Y'all need to come over to my house right now and eat fresh Georgia peaches.  They are heavenly.

Are they the kind that you eat and have juice dribbling down your chin?  If so, I'm coming.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Promotion Day. All the kids move up to their next grade in Sunday School. Both the high school class and jr. high classes (I have one kid stayed hg in jr. high and one promoting to high school) asked parents to bring food for breakfasts, so, I made sticky buns.🙄 I actually made them last night, but I had to get up early to take them out of the fridge to warm up and rise a little so I could bake them. Why can’t I just go get donuts like other moms?

It’s heating up again today. Our little comfortable reprieve is over.😩🔥🔥☀️☀️

For your question in bold, see the following post:

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We’re home. My sticky buns were a hit. I made a double batch and there were only 3 left on the jr. high platter and there aren’t many kids in that class. The platter I sent to the high school class was practically licked clean. 

The kids at church answered your question.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Junie said:

Are they the kind that you eat and have juice dribbling down your chin?  If so, I'm coming.

They are so juicy that dh refuses to eat them like a normal person and cuts them up with knife and eats with a spoon.

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

It's 104°.

'Nuff said.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You know how I hate to bake and particularly hate baking with my kids?  Well, I am currently making cupcakes with my kids AND neighbor kids.  Svengo.  Imma need an island, STAT!

Susan for President!  Vote ITT!  The only party that makes sense!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I got lots done this weekend.  The living room was cleaned (for the first time in I don't want to say how long because it would be super embarassing), the bathroom was cleaned, most of the laundry was done (it's never ALL done), classes are planned. 

Still need to set up some school for the kids but they do two classes each tomorrow so Mondays are kind of a bust anyway.  

ETA: It's an -evidently I spelled embarassing wrong and I refuse to fix it, booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 7

Another attempt to deliver our couch is being made tomorrow.  Turns out dh has a doctor's appointment so my mother is going to come over to wait for the delivery.   I had promised the kids that I would bring the dog back to visit the last week of class (when he had to be there a couple weeks ago) so he's coming with me tomorrow which should make the delivery a lot easier.   Hopefully they'll bring enough people this time so they can actually get it into the house.    I'm so excited!  I'm so tired of sitting on my office chair with my feet on a beach chair.  It's pathetic.  And hard to work on my laptop like that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I went to evening service and now there's a tornado warning. That'll teach me to go to evening service!

It hit at my parent's house. Not the house, but heavy tree branches are down by the house, and some other stuff. The dog is safe though.

• Like 7