Menu

Ignore this thread!

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I know, right?  I was thinking lettuce and tomatoes and some hardboiled eggs and cubed ham.  Maybe homemade dressing if I had time!

It doesn't take much for dressing - some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt and oregano is my go-to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still recipeing.

I found one for cauliflower macaroni and cheese that I'm going to add broccoli and Italian sausage to. Do I need to add something else?

Susan, do you want actual salad salad recipes? Because I only gave you meal salad recipes.

• Like 1

Good Morning!  It's Saturday.  Coffee's brewing.  

Public school didn't have kindergarten, so I went to one at a church.  All my life I thought it was a Montessori Kindergarten, until last year when my Mom said it wasn't.   😂  But we did have a stump where we could hammer nails.  And we had the pattern blocks for making pictures.  We wore name tags that were a shape and a primary color (i.e. red triangle, blue circle, etc.)  And I remember walking around the room different ways (sort of follow the leader) to music.  I remember our teacher and our PE teacher.  I remember we made a mural at the end and I drew a butterfly on it.  I know we had a hamster or guinea pig in the room because when we had a program at the end my Mom remarked that one of my grandmothers would have died if she had known she was sitting in front of it.  We did not have a graduation, just a program where we sang and displayed our mural.  I don't remember K graduations being a thing until much later.  My younger brother did Kindergarten there and then also in public because by then public school was offering K and because his birthday was only 3 days before cut off it made sense to repeat.

Will delete this later:  Funny story.  We grew up on a farm and younger brother helped my dad a lot and was around guys who worked on the farm, many of whom smoked.   Anyway, he had seen some of the guys roll a pack of cigarettes in their t-shirt sleeve, so he decided to take a pack and tuck it in his shirt sleeve and he went to school with it.  My Mom got a phone call.  I don't suppose suburban kindergarten teachers were used to 5 year olds packing cigs in their shirt sleeves, but years later they laughed about it and liked our family inspite of it.  (DIsclaimer, younger bro has never smoked.) 

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

There are Things To Be Done today - mostly food prep for tomorrow, and coloring Easter eggs, and a couple of tidying-up things.  And I have to do something with the Giant Ham that I bought on sale but have no actual plans for. Nothing that requires me to get out of bed yet.

Coffee!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

There are Things To Be Done today - mostly food prep for tomorrow, and coloring Easter eggs, and a couple of tidying-up things.  And I have to do something with the Giant Ham that I bought on sale but have no actual plans for. Nothing that requires me to get out of bed yet.

Coffee!

Well you must make potato salad of course!  You can never have ham without potato salad.  Plus, it will use up some of your 7000 hard boiled eggs.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to a local church's 2-day preschool for a year or two.  Then Kindergarten with Mrs. Krafka at the public school up the block from my house. Auditory processing disorder wasn't a thing back then, but it made school and anything associated with people a struggle for many years.  I learned to get through by observation. It took me a long time to learn to read.

FIL said in his weekly email that it's a huge struggle (agility & strength) to get in or out of his Jeep Patriot and may need to get a bigger SUV or truck. ?  Please please please don't try to drive!  It is so frustrating to have them complain about issues (especially financial ones) that could be easily resolved.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good Saturday morning!  I'm up.  Peacefully (read:  quietly) getting necessary things done.  Supplements, coffee, loaded dishwasher, washed my hair, started making sweet tea and boiling potatoes for potato salad.  I'll make broccoli salad and maybe banana bread in a little while.

Today we go to ds34's house for Easter gathering and egg hunt and family pictures.   We're having ribs and brisket.

Guess I should get some more stuff done.

Yay for potato salad!  

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I didn't get to sleep until 6:30 am.  :svengo:

I went to 1/2 day public school kindergarten.  I missed a lot of days (because my mom was expecting my brother and didn't want to drive me to school in bad weather), but my teacher told my mom that it was ok because I already knew everything.  As a Child Of Divorce, I was one of the only kids to have gone to preschool/daycare.

Kindergarten Memories:  My teacher was Mrs. D.  (I remember her name-- just not putting it on a public forum).  Me, my sister, my brother, my cousin, and (decades later) my cousin's child all had the same teacher.

I sat at the green table.

I got scolded one day for not lining up with the other kids who wore black shoes that day.  My shoes were navy blue, thank you very much.

Matt A. got his mouth washed out with soap.

Each child had a cubby hole to put his/her belongings.  I could probably find mine even today if it still exists.

I had a bookbag decorated like a crayon box.

In the Christmas program, I played the part of a wind-up doll in Santa's workshop.  My mom still hangs my hairbow on the Christmas tree.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

We’re having Easter with DH’s family here at noon. I need to figure out how long to cook the ham. Tables need to be set up. I’ve got all the doors and windows open trying to cool down the house. It was #$@& 93 degrees yesterday. It’s supposed to be cooler today. Typical spring weather.

Oh, and I gotta make strawberry lemonade, too.

And I need to stay out of the Easter candy. Malted milk eggs are my favorite.

• Like 4

My kindergarten was public school kindergarten. But that was back when they only had half days. So, I was in the afternoon class. My teacher was Mrs. B. I still remember how they taught us phonics. Each letter they taught us was written on a peace of a giant caterpillar they put up on the wall. And every day we recited the sounds we knew...”mmm” “aaa” “fff” “duh” “sss”.   And I loved the little bowls of white paste they gave us for crafts, but unlike some kids, I didn’t eat it. And we knew who was going to have Show and Tell the next day because there was a magic hat and the teacher would wave her hand over the hat at the end of the day and say, “Hocus Pocus Gilly-ma-Gokus” and pull out 3 names and those children could bring something for Show and Tell.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Should I just stick the whole ham in the freezer, or cut it up first?  Being completely unmotivated to do anything this morning, I'm leaning toward the first option.

If you'll serve it all at once - the whole thing.  If you want to be able to grab smaller portions, cut it and freeze separately.  #CaptainObvious

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just sent DH to get another ham.😩😩 I opened up the ham I got from Costco and it said, “serves 12-16” and we are having 23 people here today. I have never cooked a ham before in my life. How is that even possible?? We like ham. Nevertheless, DH is getting me another one. And I can read directions, so I’m not worried. Ok, time to get to work!!

• Thanks 1