Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Booyah 

🤨

#noh

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Really?!?! I didn't know this.

Oh, yeah. And it is possible to be a person for whom symptoms are mild/easily ignored until the kidneys become involved...🤨 (Thank goodness it isn't a chronic issue.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Trust me.  My husband is a nephrology nurse.  😉 

Oh, I trust you. I just so rarely get a uti (I think, I mean, I would know if I had one right? I've never gone to a doctor for one, if that's what they were), there are things I just don't know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, a friend of mine was in the hospital for several days because of this. UTIs are nothing to mess around with.

With me, the symptoms are actually very mild, but I can tell they are there, and then.... I go to the doctor’s office and find out it’s not a mild infection, but a raging infection. And they get bad very quickly.

I'm back!  This apparently was one of those cases where I thought it might not even register as a UTI but the doctor said it was bad.  I'm on my way to pick up medicine and dd16 from tutorial.  I will take my first dose in the van.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm back!  This apparently was one of those cases where I thought it might not even register as a UTI but the doctor said it was bad.  I'm on my way to pick up medicine and dd16 from tutorial.  I will take my first dose in the van.

Welcome to the world of middle-aged UTI’s. Get yourself a test kit from AZO and then you can test at home when you suspectand then go to the doctor if you have one. They are pretty accurate.

• Like 4

After dd swam, we went to the AFSA.  Yay us!  And then we came home and made homemade burrito bowls:  rice, corn, beans, ground beef, guac, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, chips were all possible toppings.  I had low expectations because eating things at home never seems as good as out, but it was really good.    

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

After dd swam, we went to the AFSA.  Yay us!  And then we came home and made homemade burrito bowls:  rice, corn, beans, ground beef, guac, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, chips were all possible toppings.  I had low expectations because eating things at home never seems as good as out, but it was really good.    

That sounds yummy!!!

• Like 3

I have done a whole lot of adulting today.  I am tired of adulting.  But I have things set up with the oral surgeon.  I got things straightened out (hopefully) for the doctor.  I got a board meeting scheduled.  I think that I got housing figured out for ds for next year.  I got my compounded meds from the compound pharmacy.   I got groceries.  (Junie - tonight's dinner is salmon, cauliflower fried rice with some applewood bacon and summer slaw.)  We also had a doctor's appointment.  And school.  I get 25 minutes off for good behavior before I have to cook dinner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have done a whole lot of adulting today.  I am tired of adulting.  But I have things set up with the oral surgeon.  I got things straightened out (hopefully) for the doctor.  I got a board meeting scheduled.  I think that I got housing figured out for ds for next year.  I got my compounded meds from the compound pharmacy.   I got groceries.  (Junie - tonight's dinner is salmon, cauliflower fried rice with some applewood bacon and summer slaw.)  We also had a doctor's appointment.  And school.  I get 25 minutes off for good behavior before I have to cook dinner. 

All of my children are wearing capes and they're quite happy. Maybe you should put a cape on?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, <dishes-post>, my dh came up with an idea for keeping the kitchen cleaned up.  Each person in the family is responsible for cleaning the kitchen one day of the week.  There are six of us at home (not counting one at college), so dh volunteered to take two of the days and the rest of us get one.  Everyone got to pick their day.  We put it on the white board.  The kitchen has been clean everyday this week.  Until today.  Today was the worst.  Until I finally did my duty about an hour ago.  Proof that I have been the biggest stumbling block in the whole housekeeping scheme, lol.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We also had salmon for dinner.  Baked salmon, steamed green beans, and rice, and hollandaise sauce to put on the salmon or whatever you like it on.

WARNING - LANGUAGEPO!  

Dh is highly offended by "shut up".   We said it in my family growing up all the time, but usually in a more joking, non-angry way.  I cannot tolerate the word "sucks".  So we just don't say either of them.  I encourage my kids to yell "SON OF A WESLEY!" if the need arises.  (Thanks, Olan Rogers!)

Heere endelth the Languagepo.

Rehearsal went well tonight - I had to play concertmaster which I generally don't like, but I managed to get everyone to tune OK and didn't mess up the music too much.  My cellist friend wasn't at rehearsal, so I couldn't ask her when the wedding is tomorrow.  Hopefully I won't need to be there before 4.

Also I took my second dose of medicine.  My bladder feels like it just ran The Barkley.  Should be better by morning.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

So, <dishes-post>, my dh came up with an idea for keeping the kitchen cleaned up.  Each person in the family is responsible for cleaning the kitchen one day of the week.  There are six of us at home (not counting one at college), so dh volunteered to take two of the days and the rest of us get one.  Everyone got to pick their day.  We put it on the white board.  The kitchen has been clean everyday this week.  Until today.  Today was the worst.  Until I finally did my duty about an hour ago.  Proof that I have been the biggest stumbling block in the whole housekeeping scheme, lol.  

Many years ago, both dds were at a residential camp for a week, while Mr. Ellie was out of town for his job. I was home alone. And my house was still not tidy. Wut???

• Haha 3

Happy Friday.  Super tired, it took me three tries to spell Friday.   Dog woke everyone up at 2am barking at the bear getting into the trash.  It went on for a long time, evidently the bear was not intimidated by our 30 pound dog.   I had JUST fallen asleep.

Two classes today with a break in between.  Oldest dd is bringing lunch and her younger siblings to the science center.  Dh is heading down to his parents house for a social worker meeting.  He was going last night but they called and made the meeting later, so he decided to go this morning.  I bet he's wishing he went last night after getting up early to clean up trash.

Finish up today with D&D.  I'm supposed to have a workshop tomorrow but only one attendee so I'm going to cancel.  It's a workshop that a lot of the activities need more than one person plus that's not really fun for the kid.

I'm adding a high school level forensic science class to my schedule for the fall, at the request of some of my current students.  I'm looking forward to it.  It's a great group of kids (teens) and it should be a lot of fun.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

School, allergy shots for DD1, campfire night tonight for Awana T&T Girls. It was supposed to rain, but the chances continue to diminish.

Regarding language... we don’t say “shut up” or “sucks”. I’m kind of a prude regarding language. We try not to be rude to each other. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

That burrito bowl sounds awesome!  Imma have to try it sometime.

A couple of weeks ago, I did a "burrito bowl" recipe that everyone in the house doubted but then liked. It contained sweet potatoes and black beans among other ingredients. It was actually good! I'm so glad my family will try anything at least once, LOL!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1