Menu

Ignore this thread!

26 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

See, the one thing I hate about all these low-carb “plan” is the substitutions. Trim Healthy Mama is the worst with that. I’m sorry, but cauliflower is not a good substitute for potatoes or anything else and this “bread” you had me make out of all these almond meals and coconut “flour” and golden flaxseed is not bread by any stretch of the imagination. 

And then everyone swears it's the same. It's not the same. I'm choosing to not eat bread for my long-term health, but don't smush veggies and nuts together and call it a cookie. Because it's not a cookie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Will probably end up with a larger breed.

I like beagles for their sweet disposition, but I lean towards pit bulls because of you get the same sweetness but bigger. You have to be willing to deal with the stigma though. I like labs but they're dumb and they shed. Boxer's dig. I love a lot of expensive breeds. Giant schnauzers, Finnish spitz, standard poodles. I tend to stear away from shepherds because of their exercise needs. Not just German shepherds, but boarder collies, Aussies, Corgies. Just no. Have you had a dog?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

And then everyone swears it's the same. It's not the same. I'm choosing to not eat bread for my long-term health, but don't smush veggies and nuts together and call it a cookie. Because it's not a cookie.

See, this is what I’m talking about. 👍😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All the teeth are good.  Dd10 has a small cavity in a baby tooth that will fall out soon, so they are not worried about it.  The dentist said he was particularly impressed with ds14's dental hygiene. At least teenage-boy-brain syndrome has not extended to his dental care.  🏆

Imma eat some lunch and then gargle with saltwater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I like beagles for their sweet disposition, but I lean towards pit bulls because of you get the same sweetness but bigger. You have to be willing to deal with the stigma though. I like labs but they're dumb and they shed. Boxer's dig. I love a lot of expensive breeds. Giant schnauzers, Finnish spitz, standard poodles. I tend to stear away from shepherds because of their exercise needs. Not just German shepherds, but boarder collies, Aussies, Corgies. Just no. Have you had a dog?

We used to have a cocker spaniel.  I had a mutt growing up.  

DS wants my sister’s dog.  She said no, he can’t have him. 😆 It’s a pit. I used to be opposed, but this dog was the sweetest thing, and DS didn’t react to it like he does to labs.  I think DH is still leery about pits, but they’re not off the table.

Whatever we get will most likely be a rescue.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Oh my goodness!  We're totally cheating on this math quiz!  Youngest boy keeps asking me for math help and I keep forgetting he's doing a quiz, lol

47 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I was doing the exact same thing on a grammar test yesterday!

I usually give spelling tests while I'm eating breakfast.  Sometimes if they are ready for the next word while I have food in my mouth, I will start to fingerspell the word to them in ASL.  Oops.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The insurance company that refused to even talk to me about insurance for the camp yesterday is now reaching out to me to give me a quote. I wonder if the “gatekeeper “ receptionist who wouldn’t give me the time of day yesterday got in trouble?  I had been chosen right after that call for a “feedback survey “-  I gave them poor marks.   But this means that I have to talk insurance this afternoon. I hate talking insurance. I can barely understand myself talking!

• Like 1

Iksli,

Thinking of dogs with pit bull like fur.

Dalmations are charming but expensive and often deaf.

Great Danes are kind of the perfect dog if you don't mind the size, which I don't. They're lazy and docile but can be cranky in old age. Big food bill. Svengo. Short lifespan.

Doberman. I've never met a Doberman that wasn't a complete idiot. Like hurt themselves and break the wall once every few months idiot.

Weimaraners need significant exercise. Most people should not own one.

Dogs with hair as opposed to fur could work if you don't mind the grooming bill.

I would see if there's a foster program. Like try before you buy. I don't believe you will easily find what you're looking for at the pound.

Jean, do you have a formal achalasia dx? I ask, because I was reading about a newish surgical technique out of Japan called POEM (per-oral endoscopic myotomy) which seems to be having better results than the laparoscopicHeller myotomy technique.  You might find it interesting reading. PubMed has a number of articles on it.  ------It was a LONG wait at rheumatology this week.  They really need better magazines. 🙂 

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 2

I just realized that I started the epic project that I've been working on twenty years ago. 20 freaking years.  I published a small bit 3 years ago but I *still* haven't even done half of what I thought I would have by now.  Remind me that having five kids, and homeschooling them is a worthy thing, because I'm feeling super frustrated and disappointed right now.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Jean, do you have a formal achalasia dx? I ask, because I was reading about a newish surgical technique out of Japan called POEM (per-oral endoscopic myotomy) which seems to be having better results than the laparoscopicHeller myotomy technique.  You might find it interesting reading. PubMed has a number of articles on it.  ------It was a LONG wait at rheumatology this week.  They really need better magazines. 🙂 

After a fluoroscopy and other tests I have a diagnosis of “we don’t know why your throat randomly closes off”. It actually has gotten 90% better since going Celiac level gluten free. I checked carefully yesterday to see if there was any gluten in what I ate but didn’t see any listed in any form.  

• Like 2

Dad update. Matt's on the phone with him helping him to get insurance through the state because he felt it was best to ask for help on the last possible day at bedtime.

Someone is coming to his place tomorrow to fix his car as a birthday gift. IF they can get it running he will get a job, make tons of money and fix all the things. So I guess that's a prayer request.

I got him a grilling apron for his birthday. In my defense it's what he asked for.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tonight we had zoodles. 

I don't love those. I was told to try kelp noodles. Have you ever had those?

39 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I found Lisa Frank stickers at the dollar store. I will share with the girls....but they are mine. Especially the dolphins.

:ohmy:

WANT!

LISA FRANK BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
Best. Booya. Ever.
  • Like 4

Home improvements almost finished. I put away the last Christmas things yesterday, and Mr. Ellie put the boxes upstairs (we have a room that we use for storage, like an attic). We hung curtains tonight (Mr. Ellie put up the curtain rods, I *ironed* the curtains, all 12 panels!).

Some things I still haven't found, yet--our Bibles, some Sandwich glass plates...how weird is that?

That is all.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Home improvements almost finished. I put away the last Christmas things yesterday, and Mr. Ellie put the boxes upstairs (we have a room that we use for storage, like an attic). We hung curtains tonight (Mr. Ellie put up the curtain rods, I *ironed* the curtains, all 12 panels!).

Some things I still haven't found, yet--our Bibles, some Sandwich glass plates...how weird is that?

That is all.

Dh and I went to Sandwich on our honeymoon and toured their facility.  We bought a few Christmas tree ornaments while we were there.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

Dad update. Matt's on the phone with him helping him to get insurance through the state because he felt it was best to ask for help on the last possible day at bedtime.

Someone is coming to his place tomorrow to fix his car as a birthday gift. IF they can get it running he will get a job, make tons of money and fix all the things. So I guess that's a prayer request.

I got him a grilling apron for his birthday. In my defense it's what he asked for.

I don't love those. I was told to try kelp noodles. Have you ever had those?

:ohmy:

WANT!

LISA FRANK BOOYA!

I hope that your dad’s situation improves. 

I like the zoodles if they are sautéed. And if they are smothered in tomato sauce and paleo meatballs. 

• Like 3