Menu

Ignore this thread!

Because you cared.

She has 3 children and the whole family thing did not work out so I'm not sure she put much in there. This is the woman that has my children acting as flower girl and ring bearer because they will not be flying out.

Sounds to me like mental health issues may be in the mix.

And possibly lower IQ.

• Like 3

Good Saturday Morning!

COFFEE!!!!!

(((Maize and Kernel)))

Dog duty - done

Coffee - in process

shower - next

swim and TKD taxi - next, next

grocery - hopefully

Oh, and pay bills - eventually

Oldest got home last night for spring break.  Must.find.time. to cook all his favorite things.  

• Like 3

I've also decided a major spring cleaning and decluttering operation is in order for several areas of the house. I'll schedule that for a day during one of our next breaks.

I so want to do this around here.  Pretty much every room in the house needs this.

I might start with the kitchen window this weekend.  The weather shouldn't be too uncooperative, so if I hand all of DH's outside sill clutter to him and get the scaffold step out I can clean the screen and the outside of the window thoroughly before a spider takes up residence for the spring and summer.  Then I can come inside, declutter my stuff from the inside sill, and clean the blind and the inside of the window.  I don't do this every year because it's a time-consuming pain, but I'd really like a non-dusty view out that window now.

#tryingtodoevensmallareaswhenIcan

• Like 3

Yes, my boys got to do some cleaning yesterday.  

I also told them that I was planning on renovating the landscaping here, and I might order a ton of soil and lava rocks for them to haul if they didn't shape up.

SaveSave

DH is fixing parts of the fence.  All of the old wood needs the nails and screws removed before the wood goes to ILs' burn pile.  The girls will be getting that task, and loading the de-metaled wood onto the trailer.  (The burn pile is in one of the horse pastures, so metal gets removed so it doesn't end up in horse feet.)

Ok. Bonzo (aka Juliet when she’s at her squirreliest) had the house in an uproar and I desperately needed to get my shower. She hates being in the bathroom with me while I shower even though I bring in toys and chewies. And I can’t trust her to be unsupervised. So I put her out on the deck for twenty minutes. She is now clinging to me like I had abandoned her. I suppose that I could have crated her but she was due a potty break...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   

Could Libby have spent the time outside with poor Bonzo?

Speaking as someone who has never trained a puppy: could you teach her that "shower" means she gets deck time while you brave the fearsome shower, followed by "good girl"s and petting?

I started a new book (don't worry, I plan to finish Eye of the World because I haven't met everybody yet) called Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper. So far am LOVING it. And it's the first of a series so...

The Daughter of the Nine Moons is another of my favorite characters.  You won't meet her for several books yet....

:leaving:

• Like 1

I'm eating a flourless chocolate peanut butter cake just like my Paleolithic ancestors did.

How about the Missing Link?   :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

Edpo:

I keep wondering if I should post my delusional thinking on the planning threads. 

"Hi, I'm Luuknam, and I'm going to have a 6th grader next year, who won't be doing whatever I'm going to be listing for you here." Lather, rinse, repeat for 3rd grade thread. 

Sigh. It's not that they're refusing to do work. It's that I'm having trouble coming up with a realistic plan. I think reality is going to be something along the lines of "throw stuff at kids*, do the next thing, do stuff". 

*No physical throwing. Trying materials and seeing what will stick. 

Current thoughts include Hewitt Conceptual Physical Science, Algebra I, GC War in World History, English 2600, um, some sort of actual writing (CAP Narrative I???), um, yeah. Oh, and try to teach him to tie his shoes.  :banghead:  Welcome to 9th/4th/K, uh, 6th grade. Or something.

I don't have much of a clue for 3rd grade yet. Whichever LOF intermediate books will be left, LOF Fractions, LOF Decimals & Percents. CAP Fable? Science??? History??? Grammar??? Etc???

Oh, and *something* for Dutch - they should finish RS Dutch this year. Continue with guitar/violin, I guess. Probably homeschool swim&gym... not sure. Probably should try to get speech therapy going again. 

Shoot me now. 

I have been sorely tempted to put double-sided tape on certain materials and literally throw them at the kids just so the stuff would stick. 

DD16 only learned to tie her shoes when she outgrew every pair of velcro sneakers we could find.  She actively resisted it as long as she could.

Kapooie.  There, I shot you with the mini marchmallow slingshot.  Now shoot me back so I can try to catch the "bullet" in my teeth like a baddonkey.

• Like 2

Did you know there’s a Guinea Pig Pride and Prejudice?

https://www.amazon.com/Guinea-Pig-Pride-Prejudice-Classics/dp/1632862425

😂ðŸ˜ðŸ¤£

THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!

I put one in my shopping cart.  I was thinking DD13 could have it for her birthday, but Easter comes up much sooner.  Maybe I'll give it to her for that instead.

#studyingtheclassics!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 1

DD(13) read The Grapes of Wrath of her own free will when the power was out. And she appreciated it. I'm amazed. Patience and trust people...all good things will come. I remember feeling scared she would never read and never have any type of comprehension because she and DDb were so hard to teach. DDb is reading now too, but not Grapes of Wrath. I bet she'd toss it aside within the first few chapters and I wouldn't blame her. 

• Like 7

I am being nice to the cat.  I have given her her Cosequin and tuna and am letting her enjoy it hassle-free before I descend upon her with the Revolution to squip onto the back of her neck.  She hates that stuff, but it really works well for keeping the biting critters off of her.

DH's birthday today!  One present is coming tomorrow and his parents went overboard last night, but we (the girls and I) managed to have ONE present he enjoyed and wasn't expecting:  a book, The Many Faces of Snoopy.

The cat has now been dosed and let outside.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!,

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Saturday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Rain!!!🌧🌧🌧ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕💕💕

Went to the play last night. It was really good. Sherlock Holmes. They were all good, but then girl who played Moriarty’s assistant Joan, was fabulous. It was a secondary part, but she was awesome. My BFF, who’s one of the directors, said she does work with a local professional theater company.

This morning we go get DD1’s ears pierced. She is very excited.

• Like 9

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Could Libby have spent the time outside with poor Bonzo?

Speaking as someone who has never trained a puppy: could you teach her that "shower" means she gets deck time while you brave the fearsome shower, followed by "good girl"s and petting?

Yes, Libby could share deck time.

The weather here means that I wouldn’t want to always tie shower time to deck time.

• Like 3

I am being nice to the cat. I have given her her Cosequin and tuna and am letting her enjoy it hassle-free before I descend upon her with the Revolution to squip onto the back of her neck. She hates that stuff, but it really works well for keeping the biting critters off of her.

DH's birthday today! One present is coming tomorrow and his parents went overboard last night, but we (the girls and I) managed to have ONE present he enjoyed and wasn't expecting: a book, The Many Faces of Snoopy.

The cat has now been dosed and let outside.

Happy Birthday Mr. AMJ.

We have a flea problem, too. It’s in the house. DH is determined to dose all the carpets whilst we are gone this morning.

• Like 2

Good morning. I am flaring something fierce. But I will force myself to move and this too shall pass.

Have any of you read the 10,000 steps thread on the chat board? When I was semi invalid I was getting less than 1000 steps a day. (I don’t know exactly how many because I didn’t have a Fitbit then but basically I was only getting up to totter to the bathroom).

I sincerely believe that if I wasn’t forcing myself to move now that I would end up in a wheelchair. I still might end up there but not without a huge fight on my part.

Move, move, move, move!

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 8

You know those dogs that say things like “I Love you “ on YouTube? Juliet is going to be one if those dogs. She’s talking to me this morning. And this time it isn’t sass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXo3NFqkaRM&feature=share

(She got so excited listening to this dog. )

• Like 7

I just nuked another long multi-quote. :glare:

Jean, Juliet's talking sounds very GSD-ish. They are inveterate talkers. And complainers. My Magnum would gripe if I told him to do something he didn't want to do; you would have thought he was going to tear my arm off, but no, just talking. (Buddy, on the other hand, will just lean his head up against me, give me the puppy eyes, and say, "Peez, Mommy, peez no?" A revoltingly successful strategy, that.)

• Like 7

You know those dogs that say things like “I Love you “ on YouTube? Juliet is going to be one if those dogs. She’s talking to me this morning. And this time it isn’t sass.

(She got so excited listening to this dog. )

You know the movie Up?

My kids thought that those dog collar translators were an actual thing.  As in, months after seeing the movie my ds10 casually mentioned that if we ever get a dog, he's putting one of those collars on his birthday wishlist. 

• Like 8

My schnauzer talks to me. Not in English, but she and I will have entire back-and-forth conversations. She's quite expressive and somehow manages to get her point across.

We get an influx of fleas every few months. Because of where we live and the vast number of pets, there's really no way around it. I use Comfortis monthly, and then the 24-hour pills when there's an infestation. Salt in the carpets and under the couch cushions- Leave for 24 hours, vacuum, repeat.

• Like 2

Libby got an extra treat for being a super babysitter today.  She not only went out on the deck with Juliet, she decided to go down the steep stairs to the yard (something she doesn't always like to do on her three working legs).  Juliet was thrilled to have backyard time with her big sissy. 

And it's a three cheers for babysitting big sisters booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 8

DD16 only learned to tie her shoes when she outgrew every pair of velcro sneakers we could find.  She actively resisted it as long as she could.

Sketchers has adult size with velcro. Or at least they did a few years ago. Hard to find in stores though (even the Sketchers store... grrr).

It's probably going to be years before he's going to outgrow even a kids size 6 though. I think he currently wears a size 3? 

• Like 3

I finally have power back!

We lost it in the middle of Wonder last night, around 9.  

And couldn't get the redbox dvd out of the dvd player in order to play it in my computer OR return it on time. Bah.  

Sounds like you could use something like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/JASTEK-Portable-Generator-Uninterruptible-Smartphone/dp/B07843P6RN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520101908&sr=8-1&keywords=emergency+power+supply+with+outlet

• Like 1

Sketchers has adult size with velcro. Or at least they did a few years ago. Hard to find in stores though (even the Sketchers store... grrr).

It's probably going to be years before he's going to outgrow even a kids size 6 though. I think he currently wears a size 3? 

There are also lock laces. https://www.locklaces.com

They look a bit ridiculous on grown ups, but if you have problems using your hands, they can be a lifesaver.

• Like 1

I need to do the things, so many things, and I want to do the things, but I also want to nap and be lazy. I can't do both. 

Could you maybe take a 20-minute power nap and then go go things?

Or maybe reward yourself later with earlier I'm Done time.

Edited by AMJ

Home from TKD and swim and the grocery.  

Itired.  

I'm making lasagna.  Starting in an hour.  

I just got back, too, from the local grocery store.  DH wanted steak, green beans OR corn, and garlic bread for hi birthday supper.  I picked those up, plus a few other things, and was surprised when the total hit the usual weekly grocery amount.  That's when I realized I did three things:

• I bought a few things for Dad (okay, that's legit)
  • I bought allergy season meds for both our house and Dad's (legit, and likely where a lot of the money went), and
  • I shopped hungry.   :banghead:  :banghead:

And when I got home I had to interrupt my family fixing their lunches so I could put groceries away.  They are finally done in the kitchen now, so I guess I had better eat something.

Then I need to inspect the honeysuckle and if possible evict mockingbirds before they complete their nest.  Too close to our doors, and on a side I can't net off to keep them from attacking us.

• Like 4

Could you maybe take a 20-minute power nap and then go go things?

Or maybe reward yourself later with earlier I'm Done time.

That sounds like work....

Baby votes naps and cuddles, procrastination, and later regret. Baby is persuasive.

• Like 10

That sounds like work....

Baby votes naps and cuddles, procrastination, and later regret. Baby is persuasive.

Baby is wise, especially if later when regret sets in Baby reminds one of why the decision was made.  Babies don't stay that way long.

• Like 5