Menu

Ignore this thread!

Mine is true sleepiness. I work very hard in my dreams. Last night I walked about 300 miles dragging a very long pipe with a metal rod in it, almost fainted going down a very steep hill and then when I got to my destination, I couldn't cross the bridge because it was out. After that I went for a two day hike in a mosquito infested swamp, and I had to tuck my pants into my socks to keep the assassin bugs from crawling in and biting me. Then I went to a house where someone had recently died and I had to go through the place and tidy everything up so that the estate could be sold. There were spotted owls nesting in one of the windows, so I couldn't do much with that room.

Consequently, I need to go to sleep to recover from sleeping, but caffeine is probably easier. :sleep:

I’ve had dreams where I wake up tired, but I can never remember them in such exquisite detail!!
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I actually like writing query letters now. It's the kind of precise, pointed writing I like to do. What I hate is sending them. It's like wrestling an alligator every time. What if they hate it? What if I missed something they wanted or didn't want in a submission? What if they track me down and throw water balloons at me for butchering the genre? What if they don't respond? What if they do? What if they hate me, my writing, my face and my choice in flannel shirts? 

But at least I banished the alligators for today.

• Like 7

How many cello teachers do you have to pick from? Sounds like a lot.

Yes. Lots of teachers, sort of. Ds13 has gotten to a level of competence and personal commitment that I feel he needs a really good quality teacher. It is easy to find teachers who are good with beginners, but not so easy to find ones who can teach into advanced levels. Also I need to find someone who will be kind and gentle in communicating with ds with his mild aspergery-communication issues. We could go to Vanderbilt which is the mecca for private string teachers, but they are incredibly expensive.

I am asking cello students and their parents about teachers and trying to get a feel for who is out there as much as possible. I've talked with a couple of parents who are kind of in the same boat and finding that the top "performing" cellists in the area are not necessarily good teachers.

My next step is to ask some of ds22's cello friends at the university about the cello professor there, who also has a private studio and comes highly recommended. That would be an hour drive each way. :svengo:

• Like 2

Dd2 is now dd3.

I bought donuts and cupcakes for her to offset some of the weaning sadness.

Getting this child to eat is tricky, I'm hoping I can get enough into her to make up for the lost milk calories.

Edited by maize
  • Like 6

Yes. Lots of teachers, sort of. Ds13 has gotten to a level of competence and personal commitment that I feel he needs a really good quality teacher. It is easy to find teachers who are good with beginners, but not so easy to find ones who can teach into advanced levels. Also I need to find someone who will be kind and gentle in communicating with ds with his mild aspergery-communication issues. We could go to Vanderbilt which is the mecca for private string teachers, but they are incredibly expensive.

I am asking cello students and their parents about teachers and trying to get a feel for who is out there as much as possible. I've talked with a couple of parents who are kind of in the same boat and finding that the top "performing" cellists in the area are not necessarily good teachers.

My next step is to ask some of ds22's cello friends at the university about the cello professor there, who also has a private studio and comes highly recommended. That would be an hour drive each way. :svengo:

I know exactly what you mean.  I was taking lessons from an opera singer at one time.  She was a wonderful singer and a wonderful teacher but reduced me to tears (as an adult) every single time.  It sounds like your strategy is a good one. 

• Like 2

It’s not even lunch yet and the kids have already used up all my patience. So we should put in a bulk order for that too. Of course it’d probably be like buying chocolate covered almonds at Costco. You think, wow this is a month’s supply and two days later it’s like where did that go oh yeah my booty.

:LOL:

Dd2 is now dd3.

Getting this child to eat is tricky, I'm hoping I can get enough into her to make up for the lost milk calories.

:grouphug:

DS weaned at 34 mo. It’s hard!

• Like 1

Dd2 is now dd3.

I used to buy those mini cheesecake bites for dd15 when she was little. She might have shared them with me. :D

• Like 2