• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Bad day. We're all in separate rooms now.

:grouphug:

I just declared "quiet hour" and sent everyone away.   I cannot hear any more words right now.  No.more.words.  

Also, kid #3 picked today to cause me to assert my parental authority in a way that I rarely need to anymore with him.  I have a long fuse, but if you disrespect me I will go all Bon Qui Qui on you.

#keepingitreal

• Like 8

Just to be clear, for the lurkers, I've been plenty drunk, early and often, which explains my knowledge of cheap booze.  However, I gave it up shortly before turning 22 and never touched it again.  It was a short, disastrous period, and I discovered I am someone who needs to never drink ever again.  

• Like 6

I have a bottle of red sangria that's been sitting open in my fridge since my college roommate visited a month ago.

Overnighting it to you, Slace.

But really, with enough wine and enough corners in your house, you can manage all the babies your little heart desires. I can even send you a time-out chair. It's wooden and comfortable, with "time-out" painted on it, along with sweet paintings of bunnies and clouds and all things pleasant. A resort-style prison for overpriviledged rugrats. Someone wisely put it in their trash. My DH decided to rescue it. <glare>.

• Like 6

Just to be clear, for the lurkers, I've been plenty drunk, early and often, which explains my knowledge of cheap booze.  However, I gave it up shortly before turning 22 and never touched it again.  It was a short, disastrous period, and I discovered I am someone who needs to never drink ever again.  

I had 3 month period of getting drunk in my early 20's. It was shmeh. So I stopped. It was a short, interesting period, and I discovered I am someone who needs to never drink ever again.

how's that for plagiarism?

• Like 6

Is this an AA meeting?  I'm in.  DH saved me from being an alcoholic.  I was really close.  But now I can enjoy a few glasses of wine and tell myself to stop.  I didn't used to stop.  I started after college, and there are some years I really don't remember.  Bourbon was my thang, yo.

• Like 3