• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I break out in song in real life all of the time. I'm actually a displaced Disney princess. Fact. Here is my reasoning.

1. Evil mother

2. No father (growing up)

3. Saved by Prince Charming

4. When I sing birds sing with me

5. Wild animals walk up to me so I can pet them (deer, squirrels, a mountain lion)

6. Despite the horrible people surrounding me I've led a charmed life

See. Displaced Disney princess.

• Like 9

I break out in song in real life all of the time. I'm actually a displaced Disney princess. Fact. Here is my reasoning.

1. Evil mother

5. Wild animals walk up to me so I can pet them (deer, squirrels, mountain lions)

Makes sense to me.

• Like 5

This isn't something that I just made up. I realized that if this were a thing it would probably be true years ago. And 3 other people have come to the same realization without my help including a foreign exchange student that found me in woods singing with cardinals with bunnies by my feet. Displaced. Disney. Princess.

• Like 6

1. Evil mother

5. Wild animals walk up to me so I can pet them (deer, squirrels, a mountain lion)

You forgot the alligator.;)

• Like 4

I am indeed sick.:( It is not allergies. I feel worse in the morning and late evening. I have been gargling (apparently not a word in my kindle dictionary) warm sea salt water, doing the lemon and honey, and taking some antibiotics we happen to have. I haven't done the peroxide in the ears. No one wants to take care of me when I am sick, but if anyone else is ill, they believe they are knocking on death's door and must be waited on hand and foot.

This isn't something that I just made up. I realized that if this were a thing it would probably be true years ago. And 3 other people have come to the same realization without my help including a foreign exchange student that found me in woods singing with cardinals with bunnies by my feet. Displaced. Disney. Princess.

I'm convinced.

• Like 4

I am indeed sick. :( It is not allergies. I feel worse in the morning and late evening. I have been gargling (apparently not a word in my kindle dictionary) warm sea salt water, doing the lemon and honey, and taking some antibiotics we happen to have. I haven't done the peroxide in the ears. No one wants to take care of me when I am sick, but if anyone else is ill, they believe they are knocking on death's door and must be waited on hand and foot.

:grouphug:  Will they take of you if you lay in the bed in the fetal position with the covers pulled over your head? That sometimes works for me? Oh, and don't forget the periodic moaning. 

• Like 6

Oh, and I do have some good news.

Drum roll please.

Ds20 has been offered a full time position at our county department of corrections. He has been part time for about a year now and has been through some on the job training, in-service type things. Now, that he is full time, he will go through more training. There is better word(s) to describe this, but I can't think right now. He has been pepper-sprayed, but he has to do this again. He has to be tasered too.

He went to college for a semester, but book work never suited him. He likes hands on. I so wish I had known about homeschooling when he was little. He encourages me so much in homeschooling the twins. He is a good young man. I am so proud.:)

• Like 9

Openhearted - I hope that you get better soon.  Are you sure you need the antibiotics?  Taking them if it is only a virus will do nothing and will mess with your internal gut flora.  And if you do need antibiotics but don't have a full course of them, you will only kill off the weaker bacteria and you might run out before you kill all the stronger ones.  

• Like 4

I tried to lay off my sleep meds again, and I was still awake at 2 am so I took a benadryl and 6 mg of melatonin.  I tried to sleep in little dd's bed (she is not in there), and it is the hardest mattress in the history of the world so I gave up and went back to bed with dh.

Please remind me not to lay off my sleep meds again.  I always think it will work, and it never does.

• Like 2

Dh to me this morning:  "What are you doing up so early?"

Me:  "Um. . . making your lunch and breakfast."

Does he think that his work bag produces a packed lunch everyday?  And that the stove magically produces breakfast on a plate for him?  I mean, I could totally get behind that, but I haven't found a magic work bag or stove yet.

• Like 5

:grouphug:  Dawn.  Hope you feel better soon!  And congrats to your ds!  My dh is in law enforcement.  I know he has been pepper-sprayed.  I can't remember if he's been tasered.  I'll have to ask him later.  Anyway, a big "way to go" to your ds, and I love that he appreciates what you're doing for your younger ones!

• Like 2

Oh, and I do have some good news.

Drum roll please.

Ds20 has been offered a full time position at our county department of corrections. He has been part time for about a year now and has been through some on the job training, in-service type things. Now, that he is full time, he will go through more training. There is better word(s) to describe this, but I can't think right now. He has been pepper-sprayed, but he has to do this again. He has to be tasered too.

He went to college for a semester, but book work never suited him. He likes hands on. I so wish I had known about homeschooling when he was little. He encourages me so much in homeschooling the twins. He is a good young man. I am so proud. :)

Congrats to your ds!

I worked 1 year, 9 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day as a juvenile corrections officer in a high-security, long-term facility for males ages 10-19. I use that fact, and the fact that I learned how to take down those bigger than me, as a deterrent to possible wanna-be-boyfriends for Dancer. :D

• Like 4

Openhearted - I hope that you get better soon. Are you sure you need the antibiotics? Taking them if it is only a virus will do nothing and will mess with your internal gut flora. And if you do need antibiotics but don't have a full course of them, you will only kill off the weaker bacteria and you might run out before you kill all the stronger ones.

Yeah, unfortunately I am full of greenish-yellowish nastiness. So a sinus infection which is going into bronchitis. We have a full round from when DH was diagnosed with a sinus infection, but it was a tooth problem instead. I am taking acidophilus to replace the good bacteria because I don't want a yeast infection. Is acidophilus good enough or should I take something else? It is 10mg.

• Like 1

Yeah, unfortunately I am full of greenish-yellowish nastiness. So a sinus infection which is going into bronchitis. We have a full round from when DH was diagnosed with a sinus infection, but it was a tooth problem instead. I am taking acidophilus to replace the good bacteria because I don't want a yeast infection. Is acidophilus good enough or should I take something else? It is 10mg.

The acidophilus is fine but make sure you take it one or two hours after the antibiotic or they will just end up cancelling each other out.  

• Like 2

:grouphug: Dawn. Hope you feel better soon! And congrats to your ds! My dh is in law enforcement. I know he has been pepper-sprayed. I can't remember if he's been tasered. I'll have to ask him later. Anyway, a big "way to go" to your ds, and I love that he appreciates what you're doing for your younger ones!

Law enforcement is his ultimate goal. He wants to be a state police officer, but he is liking corrections very much. He was planning on the National Guards if he didn't get the full time position.

He is a big supporter of homeschooling, and tells me I will be teaching his children someday. We will have to see what his future wife thinks about that.;)

• Like 2

Love Timberdoodle. I want to order some of their fun stuff for the twins, but I can't decide.

I got a customized package for Gymnast, and Dancer picked out some things from the 10th grade. My middle sister used the K package last year and said she really enjoyed it.

• Like 3

You forgot the alligator. ;)

I don't think he wanted to be petted.

I am indeed sick. :( It is not allergies. I feel worse in the morning and late evening. I have been gargling (apparently not a word in my kindle dictionary) warm sea salt water, doing the lemon and honey, and taking some antibiotics we happen to have. I haven't done the peroxide in the ears. No one wants to take care of me when I am sick, but if anyone else is ill, they believe they are knocking on death's door and must be waited on hand and foot.

I'm so sorry. That's super sucky.

I got a customized package for Gymnast, and Dancer picked out some things from the 10th grade. My middle sister used the K package last year and said she really enjoyed it.

Cool. Good to know.

• Like 2

So, I took Dancer to the clinic to take a look at the allergic reaction she got on her hand, and mentioned the discoloration on her thigh. Dancer said it hurts and is really itchy, but if she scratches skin peels off. Now, we have another appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I guess I'll work half day instead of taking the whole day off this time.

• Like 4

Call the cable company and tell them to send out a tech because your TV isn't working. When they get there explain it's the remote that is not functioning and they will program it for you. No really. I used to work for a company that installed cable for Comcast, and you would not believe how many of those calls we got. Mostly the calls were from older folks who were not as tech savvy as Ellie and Mr. Ellie, but I'm sure they would do it for you as well. :) And then ask them to EXPLAIN to you how to use it. They will. And even though they won't make a lot of money off of your call, they may secretly be happy that they got an easy call where they didn't have to crawl through your attic or fight off cockroaches.

Yes, cockroaches. We had to bag and then fumigate some of the returned cable boxes. Oh the stories those techs told...

Now THIS I could handle.

Though I appreciate your unflagging confidence in my abilities, Renai. :-)

• Like 4

One of my IRL BFFs is married to Displaced Buzz Lightyear. Seriously.

• Like 5