Menu

how long would you wait?

gardenmom5

to contact amazon and let them kick usps to get a package out of post office purgatory?

I ordered a week ago - I skipped two-day shipping to get the credit.

at least I have tracking and the thing has been sitting at the post office in the next town since 1:45am Monday.  it had three location scans at that facility ON Monday am itself. it has changed my estimated day of arrival at least once. (the current one is for Wednesday. as in - two days ago.)  with proximities here, I should have had it Monday - or Tuesday at the latest.

I should emphasize - this is all on usps (they have custody of the package), not amazon.

I doubt that contacting Amazon will help you with this issue. It may have something to do with the class of service Amazon paid for. Or, some other issue. If it is not delivered by USPS next week then you might try to contact the post office.   I hope you receive it soon!

I would contact Amazon.  That said, the USPS must be having some sort of problem this week.  I sent something 2-day that ABSOLUTELY had to get there in two days.  Guess what did not get there in two days?  I am heading to the PO now to see if I can at least get a refund on my shipping.  I have been advised that despite the USPS's money back guarantee, it is not likely that I will actually get a refund.  All they have to say is "weather" and the guarantee is void.  Never again will I send something time-sensitive via USPS.

hjffkj, on 13 Mar 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

Has it passed the estimated delivery date? If not, don't worry about it until then. After that contact amazon.

the original estimated delivery date was Monday or Tuesday. (I don't remember which).  someone CHANGED it on Wednesday morning, even on amazon.  it is still listed as Wednesday, the 11th.  re: two days ago.

I have prime - but deferred two-day shipping for the credit. 

I can't contact usps - because it has a ups tracking number - but ups gave it to usps to deliver.  I can't submit the usps form to get them moving - because I don't have a person's name and address who sent it.  so, it just spits it back out at me.

I've sent off an e-mail to amazon.  I need what is in that box.

• Like 1

skimomma, on 13 Mar 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

I would contact Amazon.  That said, the USPS must be having some sort of problem this week.  I sent something 2-day that ABSOLUTELY had to get there in two days.  Guess what did not get there in two days?  I am heading to the PO now to see if I can at least get a refund on my shipping.  I have been advised that despite the USPS's money back guarantee, it is not likely that I will actually get a refund.  All they have to say is "weather" and the guarantee is void.  Never again will I send something time-sensitive via USPS.

it's been in the 60's this week.  weather has not been a problem.  (okay, it rained on Wednesday, but it was normal northwest drizzle.)

I have had a UPS delay this week too and I am out west  - so is the package - where it's been positively spring like. Like you, the Amazon delivery estimate changed as well and the tracking note on the UPS site noted that it had arrived but that it hadn't been unloaded off the trailer (9 hours later) and since it would delay deliver, they were rescheduling the delivery. I've never seen that before. 

I've never had issues here with UPS till the new year dawned, but since then something is screwy in UPS-land. In January, we had a package marked delivered that never came. Amazon sent a replacement. a few days later, UPS called to say they had a package for me that had been delivered to the wring place and then returned to them and they would deliver it the next day. On this day, they delivered one package and apparently took the other one somewhere else. Two weeks ago, I had two boxes due, both with my name on them. They left one at my door and the other two doors down, in my same building, at a friend's door. We have lived here for five years..:)

I've never had issues here with UPS till the new year dawned, but since then something is screwy in UPS-land.)

I'm dealing with

USPS

Not

UPS

Amazon has already refunded me with one day shipping on a replacement. I ordered something else with regular prime that says it will be delivered tomorrow. I'll see which arrives first.

guess what showed upon my doorstep today?  

last week, amazon refunded me the order amount, I reordered and got a new order fulfilled on Monday.

I looked at the order history of this one - it arrived in the nearby town at 1:46am on the 8th.  it sat, and it sat, and it sat.  amazon's inquiries to usps were it was lost - which is why they refunded me and told me to reorder.  it sat there until yesterday when someone apparently found it and scanned it.

eta: and of the two orders I ordered at the same general time, one with one-day shipping, the other with regular two-day prime . .  they were in the same box.  I blame it on being a weekend.

• Like 3

I looked at the order history of this one - it arrived in the nearby town at 1:46am on the 8th.  it sat, and it sat, and it sat.  amazon's inquiries to usps were it was lost - which is why they refunded me and told me to reorder.  it sat there until yesterday when someone apparently found it and scanned it.

I have had this happen more than once with USPS. Generally it's with the UPS/USPS transfer--UPS gets it there quickly, and then it sits in USPS la-la land, often somewhere in my city, for days or even a week or more. Each time it has happened I have notified the sending company to let them know that they should stop shipping USPS, or at least let customers know that the lower cost shipping means "slow boat to China," aka USPS.

Once I placed two similar orders the same day to two different companies. The first order went exclusively UPS and was on my doorstep in two days. The second order started with UPS and was in my city in two days, where it went into the USPS system. It didn't get to my house until more than a week after that. It was so frustrating to track it and find it so close, yet so far away.

I have had this happen more than once with USPS. Generally it's with the UPS/USPS transfer--UPS gets it there quickly, and then it sits in USPS la-la land, often somewhere in my city, for days or even a week or more. Each time it has happened I have notified the sending company to let them know that they should stop shipping USPS, or at least let customers know that the lower cost shipping means "slow boat to China," aka USPS.

Once I placed two similar orders the same day to two different companies. The first order went exclusively UPS and was on my doorstep in two days. The second order started with UPS and was in my city in two days, where it went into the USPS system. It didn't get to my house until more than a week after that. It was so frustrating to track it and find it so close, yet so far away.

well - you'd think if they have to refund usps orders repeatedly because they go to lala land, they'd stop shipping through usps because it would end up costing them MORE.