Menu

For downton fans

fruitofthewomb

Okay, I have watched almost every single show. I did not like the Paradise--well, not yet. I have been watching episodes on the elliptical trainer.  I give it a couple more chances and then I will probably ditch it. 

One of my friends recommended Selfridge's to me but I disliked the main character so much that I could not swallow it. 

Also there are several versions of Jane Eyre and P&P out there! Best practice in winter is to watch through every one you can find, ideally while knitting or hand-sewing.  So wonderful. (I cannot recommend doing this w/ Mansfield Park. I did, and I regret one of the versions I saw. It was dreadful.) 

I cannot believe she did not include Lark Rise to Candleford.  It is a darling show!!!!!

Okay, I have watched almost every single show. I did not like the Paradise--well, not yet. I have been watching episodes on the elliptical trainer. I give it a couple more chances and then I will probably ditch it.

One of my friends recommended Selfridge's to me but I disliked the main character so much that I could not swallow it.

Also there are several versions of Jane Eyre and P&P out there! Best practice in winter is to watch through every one you can find, ideally while knitting or hand-sewing. So wonderful. (I cannot recommend doing this w/ Mansfield Park. I did, and I regret one of the versions I saw. It was dreadful.)

I cannot believe she did not include Lark Rise to Candleford. It is a darling show!!!!!

I really like Selfridges although I have only seen a handful of episodes. I almost couldn't watch it because of Jeremy Piven but I got past it. I think he is excellent in the show.

Okay, I have watched almost every single show. I did not like the Paradise--well, not yet. I have been watching episodes on the elliptical trainer.  I give it a couple more chances and then I will probably ditch it. 

Also there are several versions of Jane Eyre and P&P out there! Best practice in winter is to watch through every one you can find, ideally while knitting or hand-sewing.  So wonderful. (I cannot recommend doing this w/ Mansfield Park. I did, and I regret one of the versions I saw. It was dreadful.) 

I cannot believe she did not include Lark Rise to Candleford.  It is a darling show!!!!!

Me too! Lark Rise is far and away my favorite compared to any on this list.

I tried so hard to like Cranford -- mostly because that is my maiden name and my family hails from that part of London/southwest England (way, way back!). But I couldn't get into it.

Liked and have seen them all.  I didn't like "Lark Rise...", though. I never felt the need to finish it.

Loved "North and South", though.   Really enjoyed "Mr. Selfridge" too, when I wasn't sure if I would.  Jeremy Piven can be grating, but I agree with happi duck that he seems perfect for the role.

I saw this list yesterday. I was glad to know that I am not the only one suffering Downton withdrawals. I wish Sherlock would have made the list. We started Sherlock on Sunday and are hooked!

Pace yourself. There's no telling when the next season of Sherlock will air. 😒

I saw that list and tried to watch Mansfield Park last night. I got about twenty minutes in and started wondering why they bothered calling it Mansfield Park.

Yeah, that is a terrible, terrible adaptation. Skip that one.

I've seen most of that list and most are favorites. Except the Paradise. Something about Denise makes me want to punch her in the face and send her packing with her whiny, pathetic boyfriend.