Menu

S/O About the house where only weird people have lived

Anne in CA

Yesterday  found out more about it and I thought someone might find it amusing to know about the weird people who lived in it. It turns out that my waitress dated someone whose best friend lived in that house. The guy who owned it was a filthy druggie weirdo. His girl friend would not clean the house and he wouldn't either so he paid my waitress to come clean for him. She has a big scar on her hand where she went to clean the mantle over the fire place  and it turned out there was a fan that was on in the summer even though there was no fire. She was bleeding and could even see the bone so she couldn't drive herself to the nearest hospital so the guy who owned the house drove her to the nearest forest ranger station and left her there.

She also was forced by her boyfriend to house sit the weirdo's marinara plants while they went hunting for several weeks. She told me that she cant even keep a house plant alive and was very worried about killing the expensive plants. The house was so dirty that she spent all the time outside that she could and even bathed in the creek because the shower was very dirty and only a trickle of water would come out.

No surprise that she feels we should not buy the house either, lol. 

Yesterday  found out more about it and I thought someone might find it amusing to know about the weird people who lived in it. It turns out that my waitress dated someone whose best friend lived in that house. The guy who owned it was a filthy druggie weirdo. His girl friend would not clean the house and he wouldn't either so he paid my waitress to come clean for him. She has a big scar on her hand where she went to clean the mantle over the fire place  and it turned out there was a fan that was on in the summer even though there was no fire. She was bleeding and could even see the bone so she couldn't drive herself to the nearest hospital so the guy who owned the house drove her to the nearest forest ranger station and left her there.

She also was forced by her boyfriend to house sit the weirdo's marinara plants while they went hunting for several weeks. She told me that she cant even keep a house plant alive and was very worried about killing the expensive plants. The house was so dirty that she spent all the time outside that she could and even bathed in the creek because the shower was very dirty and only a trickle of water would come out.

No surprise that she feels we should not buy the house either, lol. 

Now is this supposed to be "marinara plants," or was that an awesome autocorrect fail? :P

• Like 8

Forced? To help grow illegal pot? Unless she was tied up and actually, you know, FORCED, does she know that she's going around admitting to felonies?

Would definitely avoid that house! Friends rented a place in law school that apparently had previously been leased by pot dealers, and they had visitors at all hours. They wound up moving after 2 months because it was so crazy!

• Like 2

Now is this supposed to be "marinara plants," or was that an awesome autocorrect fail? :p

I thought she was trying to type in code.  Like people do with "books".

Forced? To help grow illegal pot? Unless she was tied up and actually, you know, FORCED, does she know that she's going around admitting to felonies?

Would definitely avoid that house! Friends rented a place in law school that apparently had previously been leased by pot dealers, and they had visitors at all hours. They wound up moving after 2 months because it was so crazy!

Yeah, my friends learned the hard way about buying a former drug house. In their case, it looked like a newly remodeled flip on a quiet dead end and it had been a meth house. Obviously a big difference between the toxicity of meth production and a grow house but now when they house shop, they look for any police reports referencing that address. They have walked away a couple of times when they found lots of drug related activity at an address.

So...it needs a good cleaning, fresh paint, new floors, and a plumbing overhaul. Freshen the front landscaping to make it look different.... and post a few Beware of Dog signs and auto sensor lights in strategic places. Add a flag waving from the front porch.

I've seen some mighty awful looking homes become productive citizens after rehab....as a friend of mine says, all it takes is time and money.

;)

• Like 2