Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lakeside

Removed from Social Group?

Is there a way to tell if you've been removed from a group or if a group closes?  I was in a group and now I can't find it in my listings or in the group directory.

Thanks.

PM the owner of the group.  If it is a private group are you sure you were actually approved for the group?  I have a couple of people pending for a private group that I'm not adding just yet.  It says they are a member on their profile but they aren't.  I'm not adding them yet because they have very few posts (less than 10) and we share sensitive personal stuff in the group.  

I know I sometimes go through the member list of a social group I run to delete people who have either never posted or didn't post after their initial introduction. That's because very personal things often come up, and we decided to keep things intimate. We have some lurkers who hardly ever post, and that's fine because they've said so, but I actually deleted people who never posted some time ago. 

If you're talking about our group or a group with a similar tendency, it's nothing personal. I'd PM a member to figure out what happened. 

PM the owner of the group.  If it is a private group are you sure you were actually approved for the group?  I have a couple of people pending for a private group that I'm not adding just yet.  It says they are a member on their profile but they aren't.  I'm not adding them yet because they have very few posts (less than 10) and we share sensitive personal stuff in the group.  

Thanks!  I'll try to send a PM.

I was definitely approved for the group.  I know that because I had been reading some discussions on there after recently rediscovering the social groups. (For some reason I don't aways see them depending on which device I'm using.)