Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I hope obnoxious dr. Is less so in person, Jean.

Today...help dh hang sheetrock

take the girls to the co-op HArtS fair (History, Art(creative writing included), Science and this year they are including geography as there was a co-op class on it where students did presentations?)

Pick up a prescription

hang more sheetrock

• Like 2

Jean :grouphug: :grouphug:   I hate obnoxious doctors

We are off to youngest's interview at the local tech school this morning!

Battling with the woodstove, damp wood and no kindling.  Blech

Not much on my plate today other than taking the friends who slept over home at some point.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Jean....I sure hope your doctor isn't a jerk today!  :grouphug:

Give the main floor a quick tidy and vacuum.

Get nails done and lunch with the hubby.  

Come home and hangout with my crazy family. 

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hello all! Happy Saturday!

Jean, I hope the doc is not too bad!

Dd's AHG project is taking over my schedule today. Last minute details for her booth at the International Festival. Picking up some chopsticks, making fried rice etc.

Tonight working at consignment sale and getting ready for church tomorrow.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone!

Today we have a few things we need to get done. Saturdays, DH usually takes the boys to Panera to work on homeschool stuff for 3 hours, but I think I might join them this morning since DS12 needs a bit of help with science. DH will be tackling the AoPS with him (ack!) which as I understand is only going to get more challenging as the weeks progress. Then we'll drop the boys off at Free Skate and DH and I will run errands. Tonight we may go out (just the two of us) for a glass of wine at a local restaurant--we haven't had a date night in months and it's time. 

Hope to fit in a workout and a meditation session also.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that obnoxious doctor.  Talk about kicking people when they are down.  :/

Today I am a little pumped.  I got a little more decluttering done.  I'm proud of some of the smart things I have done to make my kids' room organized and comfy, BUT I never seem to get it all the way done.  Maybe it will happen over the next week.  I can hope!  :)

The list:

• Get kids to horse riding lesson.  [done]
  • Quick grocery stop.  [done]
  • Post office.  [done]
  • Clean kitchen and bathrooms and some de-cluttering.  [done]
  • Work until 4:30.  (Nanny has the kids for 5 hours today.)
  • Take work breaks for:
    • A little exercise [done]
    • A little readingn[done]
  • Terra Nova test prep [done for today]
  • Pinewood derby car - step 2 - whatever that is.  :p [done]
  • Change out the fish water.  [just added some new water, put off the cleaning job to next week]
  • Dinner at some point.  Probably leftovers.  [done]
  • Read-Aloud. [done]
  • Make kids finish AR book.  [mostly done]
  • Kids shower and bedtime.  [done]
  • Work from 10-12.

Morning, all!  Another sleepless night...it must be the change in weather.  It's so hot here (87 yesterday).

To do:

nursery for some more plants

library

drink water because I have definitely fallen off that habit

fill two boxes for donations

salad for dinner

try new board game with dd, dh

OK - had a very very embarrassing drop in visit from dh's nephew and wife.  Dh was still asleep since he works swing shift.  Dd was still asleep since he's sick. Ds is at work.   I had actually laid down again on my futon in the middle of the living room so it was still out when they came.  I had a wild fleeting impulse to either a) not open the door and pretend we weren't home or b) to make them wait outside for ten minutes while I picked things up but instead, I squared my shoulders, told them that we've been sick and invited them in.  

• Like 1

dye my roots - done!

walk uncivilized dog - done!

make new veggie dish - done!

pick up bountiful baskets order - done!

drop off tomatoes to friend - done!

mail bills that are due - done!

do laundry - in progress

To be done:

look at history for next year for little dd

help my boys pack to leave for a week with dh for bball Nationals tomorrow (sniff)

date night with dh

OK - had a very very embarrassing drop in visit from dh's nephew and wife.  Dh was still asleep since he works swing shift.  Dd was still asleep since he's sick. Ds is at work.   I had actually laid down again on my futon in the middle of the living room so it was still out when they came.  I had a wild fleeting impulse to either a) not open the door and pretend we weren't home or b) to make them wait outside for ten minutes while I picked things up but instead, I squared my shoulders, told them that we've been sick and invited them in.  

Good job girding your yoga pants and marching forward!

• Like 1

Today didn't exactly go as planned...sat on 1-95 for 2 hours before turning around to come back to our town.  Didn't get my nails done...I'll  just wait another week and go next weekend.  Still had lunch with hubby and we decorated the front of the house for Easter.    So glad to see the sun and it's melting the snow quickly. 

Well, the pinewood derby thing was pretty hilarious.  In retrospect.  Their film design things were a complete fail.  Good thing I bought some paint and decals as a backup.  I was really glad the black paint I flung on the floor was easy to clean up.  It only took me a little while to find the lost nail (wheel axle).

I still don't know if the darn things will even roll by the time we get done, ha ha.  Tomorrow we should put the shiny coat on, then some week day we'll do the pretty designs and finally put the wheels on, which I hope will all be aligned well enough to allow the car to travel in a straight line ....

I cracked the wood on one of the cars.  I hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

My girls have suddenly decided this project is really important to them.  It will be interesting to see what decorations they come up with.

• Like 1

We had our Regional yesterday! How did she do?

She rocked it :D We had very low expectations this year as a ninth grade in Division C, hoping for maybe one medal in the 8th-10th place range. But she pulled out a 3rd in Astronomy and a 5th in Geologic Mapping. She walked out of those events laughing and shaking her head over how difficult the tests were! She said Division B (with the same state event supervisors/test writers) was a piece of cake compared to Division C.

(I am so glad I didn't listen to other people who thought I should keep her on the Division B team :D)

The rest of the team did well. I think next year we'll have a very strong team at states. There are a couple current eighth graders who would be very good additions to the high school team.

Now I have a break as coach until the fall :)

• Like 1