Menu

Do you know a way to find out

Pamela H in Texas

where a doctor went? 

My son has seen the same endocrinologist since he was almost two years old.  I recently found out that the doctor left the practice.  Hopefully he sends a letter saying where he went like our last ENT did.  Anyway, but I was wondering if there is any way to find out where he may have gone.  My son has severe anxiety and has just now gotten to the point that he is half human during and after the doctor visit.  This doctor has also seen him through multiple placements and knows his history, us, etc.  I *really* do not want to give this doctor up!  

Any idea on how to find him?

Maybe I could start a new thing and be the next Mark Zuckerberg! Kids College=Paid for!

Sounds like a plan!!! Let me know when it's up and running so I can sign up and tell a bunch of big impressive-sounding lies about myself to impress the people I haven't seen since high school. :D

where a doctor went? 

My son has seen the same endocrinologist since he was almost two years old.  I recently found out that the doctor left the practice.  Hopefully he sends a letter saying where he went like our last ENT did.  Anyway, but I was wondering if there is any way to find out where he may have gone.  My son has severe anxiety and has just now gotten to the point that he is half human during and after the doctor visit.  This doctor has also seen him through multiple placements and knows his history, us, etc.  I *really* do not want to give this doctor up!  

Whether or not he can send a letter will depend on his contract with his former practice. Some don't allow it, with the hopes of keeping the patient with the practice.

where a doctor went?

My son has seen the same endocrinologist since he was almost two years old. I recently found out that the doctor left the practice. Hopefully he sends a letter saying where he went like our last ENT did. Anyway, but I was wondering if there is any way to find out where he may have gone. My son has severe anxiety and has just now gotten to the point that he is half human during and after the doctor visit. This doctor has also seen him through multiple placements and knows his history, us, etc. I *really* do not want to give this doctor up!

Did the office refuse to tell you or did you not ask them?

When a doctor leaves a practice, the patients stay with the practice (because it's a business). Many times the office won't give any information.

Nt necessarily. When our ped changed practices, he sent us a letter saying where he was going and why. We followed him.

• Like 1

I found out where our beloved neurologist went through the psychiatrist. I guess they sent her a letter telling where he was but not the patients. Google is also helpful.

We had the same situation. He knew my complex kids and they trusted him. It worked out in our favor as he moved to a general neurology practice so he can keep my girls on even though they are 18 - 19 now.