Menu

Seton or MODG for high school?

Thanks, for the OLVS suggestion, Sheri. I have friends who have made the switch to OLVS from Seton and found life more manageable. I've never really looked at it myself though, but I do have their catalog on my shelf from a conference. :)

• 3 months later...

Full disclosure, We use Angelicum but substitute Apologia for science and Teaching Textbooks for math. These two boys have reading problems and the audio ( MP3 for EC series) makes a real difference.

I don't think that colleges that have any experience with home schoolers care about accredidation so it is only the other ones who will care, don't worry about it.

I just bought the Catholic Textbooks series , From Sea to Shining Sea as we are repeating US history and last year we used MODG. I consider it an elective until 12th grade.Ouch. It is supposed to be more balanced and I hope it is but it ends before the depression!!!! help.

In my experience, MODG will accept more tweaking in their courses and you won't be paying a piper and doing all the whistling yourself.

(AA accepts the test scores from TT and EC so I can get credit for those courses but they aren't accredited so it is just a book keeping thing.) My Irish Dept. of Ed think that all US schools are inferior anyway!!:lol:

• 2 months later...

Hi, forgive me for bringing up this thread again. But Moni mentioned that seton has new tests for world history. When ds had world history we hated the tests (extremely long, you basically had to have the book memorized and spit it back! ds said he retained nothing!). I was wondering if anyone knew what the new tests were like? Just wondering for when dd gets there.

Barb