Menu

What's new & exciting in elementary science?

I am low on inspiration for my youngest son for next year. I feel like I have looked at everything and nothing quite fits, but truthfully it has been a couple of years since I was active here and y'all know about all the things before they're even published. Anything new and shiny I might look at? What has come out in the past two years?

New and exciting? There's not much new stuff out there in the last couple of years, as far as I can tell, especially as secular options go.

We've just stuck with interest-led science for my youngest. My older kids take charge of it sometimes. We've been through the EEME kits and a couple of Elenco electronics experiment kits. He has an Aerogarden and a bunch of plants around the house. We signed up for the Tinker Crate, and get our first one soon, so we'll see how that goes. After seeing my brother's Tesla, he got really into electric cars, and then green energy and solar power, so I picked up some experiment kits (Thames and Kosmos, etc.) to fit that.

I'll probably just stick with planning out experiment kits for next year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...