Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plum

Not getting notifications when quoted

I checked my settings and it's still checked to notify me when I get quoted, but it's not working. 

Can you check again. I just looked at your settings and I see some of your notifications. 

Up by your username in the upper right hand of the screen, you should see an icon like  icon_notify.png

This will have a a number by it that will show how many notifications you have. 

You have the email setting turned off so you don't receive emails for quotes.

John

Someone quote me again.

Make sure everyone has both checkboxes checked next to "Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)" on your My Settings:Notifications tab.

Someone quote me again.

Make sure everyone has both checkboxes checked next to "Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)" on your My Settings:Notifications tab.

Here you go.

Up by your username in the upper right hand of the screen, you should see an icon like  icon_notify.png

This is the notification we aren't getting anymore; at least I'm not. I get 'like' notifications, but not quote notifications (at the little icon place).

I did see, somewhere, that people who never got email notifications (but had that setting turned on), started getting them out of the blue. I don't remember who said it or when or I'd quote them for you.  :leaving:

I am also getting 'like' notifications but not 'quote notifications'.  I tested it by setting all notifications to 'on'.  I received both emails and on-screen notifications, but only for 'like', not 'quotation'.

Can you check again. I just looked at your settings and I see some of your notifications. 

You have the email setting turned off so you don't receive emails for quotes.

John

Lol I just saw this. See how much we need this feature? :)

I get notifications for likes, but not quotes. I turned on emails, but I tried that before and it didn't work. 

I get notifications for likes, but not quotes. I turned on emails, but I tried that before and it didn't work. 

This is exactly my situation.  I was flooded with emails for likes, when I turned email on, but none for being quoted.

This is exactly my situation.  I was flooded with emails for likes, when I turned email on, but none for being quoted.

Yep me too.  I have to remember to go back to every thread I posted in in case someone quotes me and I need to respond.

I sooooo miss that quote notification feature.  

I will keep trying to dig into this. It might be something based on the volume of traffic to the site. Sorry all.

I will keep trying to dig into this. It might be something based on the volume of traffic to the site. Sorry all.

John, thank you for your efforts.  This is an important feature to many of us.  We don't always go back to posts to "check" if someone quoted us.  Therefore we can seem to be ignoring someone unintentionally.

Thanks! 

Oh, I hope you figure it out! I've sort of given up on it ever working again, but if it did what a joy that would be.

Somebody quote me. I am not sure I am getting this yet.

Wonder if it works for me.

The problem was Tapatalk.

OtherJohn and the rest of the WTM crew are AWESOME!!!!  Thank you for persevering and figuring this out! 

Am I missing something? When I got notifications they always say, "so and so replied" or "so and so liked" but never "so and so quoted." Does it actually say quoted  :confused1: