Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plum

Not getting notifications when quoted

I checked my settings and it's still checked to notify me when I get quoted, but it's not working. 

It seems to be spotty. I get some, but not others. No pattern seen yet.

I didn't know you could get notifications when someone quotes you.

I think I'm now set up to get them. Can someone please quote me. :) I want to see if it works.

Test

According to what Susan said on the chunky model thread she's the "only moderator right now". I guess they're super busy with the convention season coming up.

For a second I tried to find a way to tag OtherJohn in this thread, and then I remembered: we're not on FB anymore, Toto.

It's OK. He just knows these things...

Nope, same here -- problem still exists here.

Yes, this is a bummer.  I feel like I am being really rude, because I don't always go back to threads in which I commented.  If people quote me and I don't go back there, I don't know that they might want a response from me.  

I've been trying to like when I quote so at least they know I've seen what they wrote and maybe go back to the thread. 

Can someone please quote me.

I think it stopped working for everyone. I know it still doesn't work for me.

Quote notification is still not working for me either. Is there an official procedure for mentioning this to the higher ups?

They know. This thread had to be approved before it was posted. I think they're really busy right now. Unfortunately it's not just a matter of clicking a box on the website. This will take *hours* to fix, and it's not going to be fun.

Argh. I just came here to see if there was a deal with this... and discovered there is. That's too bad. I do hope that eventually they get to it.

Argh. I just came here to see if there was a deal with this... and discovered there is. That's too bad. I do hope that eventually they get to it.

You may never hear of this but I just liked your post and then quoted it. :D

(I'm here to see if the notification feature is busted. All caught up. I hope nobody takes it personally if I don't respond to something -- without the handy dandy notifications I never remember to check threads.)

You may never hear of this but I just liked your post and then quoted it. :D

(I'm here to see if the notification feature is busted. All caught up. I hope nobody takes it personally if I don't respond to something -- without the handy dandy notifications I never remember to check threads.)

I almost didn't! But then I was like, oh, but maybe I was also quoted. :D

I also don't know how to read threads now... this is confusing. It's lots less conversy without the quoted notification. It's like you're at the party but you don't know if anyone's talking to you.

Same here. It's been like this for a while. 

Farrar, great analogy (won't quote you  :D ). It really is like being at a party and not knowing who is talking to you. 

When the quoting problem started, my receiving notifications by email suddenly started to work. I hadn't been receiving notifications for a very long time. (Not sure how long, but I am guessing well over a yr.)