Menu

Wool, Shift, Dust

Seasider

I know I am probably late to this party, but I am halfway through Shift.

Hugh Howey has a *massive* imagination! I might not get to anything on my chore list today.

No spoilers, please. I just wanted to recommend this series. Though I'm only midway, I have high hopes that the final volume won't end up tossed aside in disappointment (Allegiant, Mockingjay...).

And I did hear that it's been optioned for a movie - Ridley Scott, I think? I find myself wondering how the characters might be cast.

I didn't expect to like it because science fiction isn't really my thing but since so many commented on it when it recommended here in the past, I gave it a try.  Boy was I hooked.  My husband asked what I was reading and he ended up picking up the book to read it whenever I put it down.  I found myself frequently telling him "it's my turn to read now".

I really enjoyed it, although I was one of the early readers who had to wait around for each bit to be published (although that sort of added to the fun).

Last week I found a used copy at Half Price books! Woohoo -- now I have it in paper as well as on kindle.