Menu

Anyone in Springfield or Southwest Missouri?

Guest exzackley

Guest exzackley

Anyone in or around Springfield Missouri? 

We have a 5.5 year old girl who loves history, math, playing elaborate and dramatic games, putting on plays, making timelines and a million other things. We live in a small town outside of Springfield and sometimes just feel a little isolated. 

post-76053-0-70164200-1423777519_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We live in a small town outside of Springfield too! I haven't met anyone who uses TWTM, but I don't know many homeschoolers either. We are part of an art club that meets once a month in Springfield for projects. And I'm in several Facebook groups that post field trips so we do those when we can. We have met a lot of nice people but we don't have any homeschooling friends. A natural result of me being a rather shy person with shy kids I suppose. I totally get feeling isolated.

I'm not in Springfield, but I am friends with some folks at All Saints Anglican Church in Springfield... they have a lovely program for homeschoolers there to have a classroom experience for part of their day.  I forget what ages they teach, but I think they are small kids.  Very worth checking out.  The director of the school is a wonderful lady who really cares about creative teaching and supporting homeschoolers. :) 

Your PSA of the day.   If I lived in Springfield, I'd be involved with their work.  Great stuff.

• 1 year later...

I am near Springfield living just outside Branson. We just started attending church in Springfield though (non-Christian). Most of our activities are in the Branson area but we do have an annual pass to the zoo and do other things in Springfield often.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know a ton of groups in the area. I'm about an hour away from Springfield (Though we're up there a lot). 

You can check https://shemonline.org/ They are all going to be Christian groups, though. 
There is a FB group  that may have some ideas for you. 

If I hear of anymore, I'll let you know. 

ETA more FB groups. Not totally sure on the religious degree of these, but worth checking out. 
Southwest Missouri Home Educators
Homeschool Social Network

Edited by Southern Ivy