FarmingMomma

Changed Again....

Lang- much the same

ETC books 6-8

Cursive Connections

Language Lessons For Today Grade 3

Free reading of beginning chapter book- 20 min a day

Math - Singapore 2a/2b/3a (maybe?)

History Core- US History 1812-1860's using unit studies based on American Girls and Little House Books- plan to do Marie-Grace & Cecile, Kirstin, Josefina, Addy, Little House books 1-3, will integrate art, music, poetry, and some science this way

Science - not sure, probably will pick a monthly topic to study using non fic from library and science resources we have at home, nature studies, journaling, interest lead

Spanish- complete level 2 of clase divertida, begin level 3

PE - horse riding

Here's ours, but still ironing out a few details:

Bible: Explorer's Bible Study

History: ? Possibly Veritas or A Beka

Reading & LA: Sonlight 

Spelling: AAS

Penmanship: Classically Cursive

Math: BJU 3

Science: Exploring God's World

My 3rd grader is a little behind in reading and writing but progressing well. He'll be 9 in November.

Math: CLE 3/4 (he'll finish half of 3 this school year)

LA: R&S Phonics 2, Reading 2, Spelling 2

History: MOH 2

Science: TBD

We've started as of last week, and he's almost done with CLE 3. LA is staying the same for now. History is MOH1 still. Science is Creek Edge Press Life Science task cards, which he is enjoying. I'm thinking when we finish MOH1, I'll probably get the middle ages task cards.

• Like 1

LA: Spelling Wisdom Book I, Copywork, narration and written narrations

Math: Singapore 3B; Saxon speed drills, MEP Year, Practical Arithmetics

Latin: finish Prima Latina,then LC 1

Lit: AO list, plus others

Read Alouds: See above

Science:KONOS units, Science in the Beginning, AO books, nature study

History: AO books, STOW 1

French: Cherrydale Press and YouTube

Dutch: jekanmewat.nl

Geography: AO books, mapwork, Sonlight Core F books, documentaries

Handwriting: Getty-Dubay, finish book, then done

Art: Usborne Art Ideas and 1000 Things to Make and Do and artist study

Poetry: Poetry Tea, AO

Typing: Typer Island

Bible: Foundations I

Music: Keyboard, Composer Study, Hymn, Folksong

Maela,

Sorry for the late reply! I've include the list of books I'm reading as part of our Family UU Studies, they are just books I feel the kids are ready for and suit them at their current level. As for GVS, this is my first year with it, but I love it, it very much suits us.

Here's my new layout:

Family

* Oak Meadow Circle Time (Verses, Poetry, Movement etc)

* My UU Studies Booklist (these reflect our values, studies, beliefs and interest in other religions):

- Many Ways: How Families Practice their Beliefs

- Accept and Value Each Person

- Picture Book of Louis Braille

- Mother Theresa: An Alms Bowl

- Unitarian Universalism is a Really Long Name

- Gregor Mendel: The Friar who grew Peas

- Grandad's Prayers for the Earth

................edited to shorten post..........................

Book: I am Growing

• Book: I’m Growing – Aliki

• My Body: My Reproductive Organs

•  My Body: Put Together

wow, thanks!!

For my 3rd grader, it's looking like:

Morning Time: Composer Study, Worship, Poetry, Memory Work, Cultural Studies, Vocabulary, Shakespeare, Read Alouds And Added SCM's Laying Down the Rails.  We're loving that!

Latin: Finish Prima Latina, then move onto...Getting Started with Latin

Math: Finish Singapore 2B --> BA 3; Finish Horizons 3 --> Horizons 4 (won't start that until next spring)

Reading Instruction:  Finish CLE Reading 2, move into Mosdos Ruby; Read through McGuffey 3 with me Moving on with CLE Reading 3

LA: WWE, AAR 3/AAS 3; Finish CLE LA 2, move into [not sure, either CLE LA 3 or MCT] Going to give MCT a whirl!

Science: Exploring the Building Blocks 3

History: My Own History hodge-podge based on a chronological ordering of CC's memory sentences

Independent Reading: America First, My Book House 3, Burgess Animal Book with note booking pages, Pinocchio with comprehension guide, The Fairy Ring, Fifty Famous Stories, Viking Tales, Redwall, plus several novels of own choosing, Went on and chose some myself Ha!

Tea Time:Let's face it, Tea Time was a great idea but just never got done for us. Artist & Folk songs moved to MT. Artist Study, Folk Songs, Geography (Using Charlotte Mason's Geography) Lazy Mama chose Daily Geography and now she says Geography is her favorite subject?  

Piano

​...and she wants to learn Russian.  

We also do a Morning Basket where we do memory work, vocabulary, biographies, read alouds, artists studies, composer studies, and devotional

What do you use for biographies? Does it tie in to your history studies? I'm also looking for a good source for biographies but haven't had a lot of luck with our library so I may need to buy.

What do you use for biographies? Does it tie in to your history studies? I'm also looking for a good source for biographies but haven't had a lot of luck with our library so I may need to buy.

We do not tie bios to our history. We do short bios - Mathematicians are People Too, the Children's Plutarch, and bio sketches in the front of each of the Poetry for Young People volumes as well as artist and composer bios from various sources as we study them. This works well for morning basket. My older kids read more complete biographies (eg Narrative Life of Frederick Douglass, etc) in their subject work.
  • Like 1

I forgot all about our Value Tales biographies! There's an old (70s?) book series called Value Tales, and they use the life of a noted individual to highlight a value or virtue (eg The Value of Respect: The Story of Abraham Lincoln). They are suitable for an attentive preK'er to about 10 years old, maybe older depending on child. We have about 6 or 8 of them, but there's got to be 20-30 published.

I forgot all about our Value Tales biographies! There's an old (70s?) book series called Value Tales, and they use the life of a noted individual to highlight a value or virtue (eg The Value of Respect: The Story of Abraham Lincoln). They are suitable for an attentive preK'er to about 10 years old, maybe older depending on child. We have about 6 or 8 of them, but there's got to be 20-30 published.

Oh, I'm glad you mentioned this! I had forgotten about them, but my parents have the whole set! My dad used to read them to us as bedtime stories. I think I will have to borrow them.

Oh, I'm glad you mentioned this! I had forgotten about them, but my parents have the whole set! My dad used to read them to us as bedtime stories. I think I will have to borrow them.