Menu

Breaking news on Fox... 17yo Bristol Palin is pregnant and will marry the father

LNC

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of teen-pregnancies could have been avoided if the parents had been more aware and/or if the child had received the attention they needed in the first place. I also think that had the parents been more aware then there would have been a dialogue going on and they would have known about the dd's needs/being in love etc. before there was a pregnancy.

I don't understand how you can imply that her parents were unaware, or not giving her the attention she needed. How do you know there wasn't any dialogue between them? You sound as if you believe that it's the parents' fault that she became pregnant, or that they could have done something to prevent it. That's like saying if a kid has a drug problem, then his parents must not be doing something right.

There are plenty of parents (quite a few on this board) that have dialogued, counseled, and done everything they could to help their children and the children have decided to disregard their parents' knowledge and advice.

What about Obama's lies about his church and whether or not he followed the religious teachings of the church he attended (which are pretty scary) for so long then giving up that church when it became politically advantageous to do so?

Here is the statement of faith of United Church of Christ. I have a child who has been attending a local UCC church and may be interested in becoming a member. Could you please point out which teachings you find scary?

I had the impression that it was a tolerant respectful live-and-let-live type faith.

http://www.ucc.org/beliefs/statement-of-faith.html

Every single UCC church I have been to has been totally respectful, and "scary" is the last word in the world I would use. Some of my best friends go to UCC.

I don't think it was the teachings of the church she was referring to. How about the teaching of Jeremiah Wright. I believe that's the teaching she was referring to.

I can't tell, do you double the r in referring? I think you're supposed to. I must be to tired tonight.