Menu

Favorite audiobooks of short stories, vignettes etc...

lisabees

I am looking for audiobooks, with great narration, that can be played during short car rides.  This is for my 6th grader.

We have listened to things like Just So Stories, Blue Fairy Book etc.

She would also love any non-fiction - especially science stuff.

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest going on Amazon searching for Naxos Junior books. We've found several this year by them that would fit your description. One on pirates (probably would appeal to your son - it did to mine! - but there are some genuinely gruesome parts about the icky ways pirates tortured or killed one another); another on tales of the west; one on Tales of the Arabian Nights that we are listening to right now.  There are also quite a few on mythology, which I am saving for next year when we start the Ancients.

HTH!  :)

The only two that come to mind are James Herriot's Treasury for Children and D'Aulaire's Greek Myths. I find the animla stories to be better than the myths but my son disagrees. He has listenend to the Greek myths numerous times.

I guess Paddington could work. I know it's for the younger crowd but it is well done and even I enjoy listening to it.