Menu

Williamsburg Academy (online)

Looking ahead toward high school options for DS.  He's currently in B&M Private school, but I'm not sure if it's the right fit for him all the way through.  So I'm just exploring. 

I found Williamsburg Academy and have been looking at it today.  It looks like it has a lot to offer.  I prefer something secular but traditional, something accredited and that offers a diploma, and this fits the bill.  I've done a search on the forums here, and all of the posts about it are older, doesn't look like anyone had much experience with it.

Just wondering if any of you have had more recent experience, or know of others who have, and what you thought?  Thanks!

ETA:  Hmm.  Digging further, I'm probably not interested.  They don't appear to have upper level math (nothing beyond pre-calc) and no real foreign language (just Rosetta Stone packages)??  But I'll leave the question up here in case anyone has insight.  :)

ETA:  Hmm.  Digging further, I'm probably not interested.  They don't appear to have upper level math (nothing beyond pre-calc) and no real foreign language (just Rosetta Stone packages)??  But I'll leave the question up here in case anyone has insight.  :)

I think Rosetta Stone is making actual high school courses now because American School is offering them too. I don't know anything about them, but they do offer some unusual languages, for example Dutch and Portuguese. They're definitely classes in that they're marked as Portuguese 1 First Semester, Second Semester, etc. They must have broken the lessons into a scope and sequence and (maybe) added in their workbooks and tests?